Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:50:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Which one do you perfere more?
Panther - 17 (63%)
Tiger - 10 (37%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panther vs Tiger  (Read 8655 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 07:54:11 am »

Panther has always been better than the Tiger. Only now you people start to notice it?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 07:55:15 am »

Panther has always been better than the Tiger. Only now you people start to notice it?

well as an allied player i normally expect the axis players to complain lol

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 07:58:00 am »

why Hitler lost war? He brought Tigers to field,lol . So silly  Grin

okay in history panther was the best tank in ww2. But the tiger represented in coh has no historical accuracy. Tiger would even beat panther in a 1v1. Only fuel and it beeing slow as hell were the downsides of it.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 08:01:52 am »

I am joking,lol
Tiger still had shitty design,vertical armor is no no!
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 08:29:55 am »

just make tiger be able to bounce more atg shots. tigers are so easy to kill now once you see one you bring on atg's and just laugh at it as it dies...

panther is fine, if they changed it in anyway i would leave, if you did make it shittier at killing inf i would expect to pay 100 less fuel for it.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 08:30:56 am »

I am joking,lol
Tiger still had shitty design,vertical armor is no no!

Konigstiger fixed that, and even the original still had the Allies wetting themseves over it.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 09:03:17 am »

yea,but because it had 100mm of steel,if this was sloped,you could make it more lighter and get all benefits of being tons less weight.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 10:03:26 am »

Tigers just need to be buffed again by the whole panzer aces buff. I don't know why they took it out because it made the tiger what it should be on a normal basis.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 10:05:31 am »

well microed panther with dual t3 doesnt have nearly the ai capability of a tiger, but the amount of extra AT power it has over the tiger is well worth it, while it still sports some good infantry killing power if you micro it well enough

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 10:15:00 am »

you get panthers + 2 free(4) uses of blitzkrieg over tigers. Whats not to like?!
it's just easier to keep panther alive,and thus,do more dmg with it. I am starting to like them more and more!!!
3x Panther coy is what seems to be the magical number!
(won 4 games,MAYBE lost 1 since I switched to panthers...with Tigers was 50:50,rest of the coy is pretty much same). On a korean hunting streak,with loyal nugnug guarding my back!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:20:17 am by smurfORnot » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 11:07:59 am »

Tiger

Tiger suffers from general problems. This is the speed. It is a slow tank in every single area. It is too slow to respond to any form of threat on the other side of the map. In real life Tiger served as a breakthrough tank, In gameplay it serves as a fat P4 with a slightly better armor but for some very odd reason I don't see it. The Tiger also suffers from bad accuracy, its moving accuracy is terrible which is understandable but even when standing still it'll miss quite a lot. Yes its accuracy is good but when it comes on taking out Anti tank guns head on (Slow Speed, flanking 80% impossible) it'll trade off quite a lot of health for the destruction of anti tank gun.

This also comes at a Price of 3 Doctrine specialition points which means you have to skip either Blitzkrieg or German engineering from your Tiger or you can take T1s or T2s. The cost is also massive and God be with you if you get a engine damage on green health. You will, never, get it back to full health. That trollface 1 HP left from fullhealth always strikes in.

In any tank vs tank engagement this fat P4 can trade shots but if you manage to get it from different angle, you can pop shot and retreat. If you got a speedy vehicle you can circle strafe a Tiger. One tetrach is sufficient enough for the task or one M10 or a M18. It resembles a slightly speedier King Tiger in all honesty.

Panther

Speedy vehicle, has the speed to move quickly around the map, turret rotation is fast and possesses superior range and accuracy compared to Tiger while it trades off its splash. It has better armor and better penetration values altogether. Gentlemen, Panther appears to be like the upgraded Tiger, superior in majority of the cases except in anti-infantry. Comes cheaper too and costs no points.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 11:24:55 am »

The tiger is the only 'truly' well-rounded tank (King tigers are mainly just for fun). Panthers can snipe inf and crush, but they don't have the killing power that the tigers do vs infantry. The tiger is well-rounded, but it's expensive and slow... which it probably should be. If you want an all-in-one tank that you are willing to protect and invest in, tigers ftw. If you are more interesting in killing enemy tanks with some big tanks of your own, panthers ftw.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 11:53:42 am »

Actually,I find KT much better than Tiger. It can soak and bounce so much shit,unlike Tiger.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2012, 12:37:39 pm »

This is the panther: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fKvsZ_NdWo&feature=related

This is the Tiger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfd0W7I3vM&feature=fvsr
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 06:49:28 pm »

I am unable to believe hicks that the main role of a Tiger in EIR is AI. Its a next gen tank, a main battle tank. having vcoh stats shouldnt skew your opinion of a uni just because it was pre set to target infantry in vcoh, doesnt mean it can be changed into a better performing panther for AT duties, and less accuracy against infantry

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 07:23:19 pm »

or for its cost and limitated numbers just increase its at capabilities, just throwing it out there
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:25:36 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2012, 07:39:17 pm »

tiger needs some serious love to be even close to the usefulness of the panther
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 01:30:22 am »

I am unable to believe hicks that the main role of a Tiger in EIR is AI. Its a next gen tank, a main battle tank. having vcoh stats shouldnt skew your opinion of a uni just because it was pre set to target infantry in vcoh, doesnt mean it can be changed into a better performing panther for AT duties, and less accuracy against infantry

It would be interesting to see him if his main role became AT,which it was irl. Them again,most axis heavy tanks are heavy AT designated,so it would be a little bit of mirror balancing. And then again,you already get stuh for designated AI duty with blitz. hmmm . But unless you would make it better AT than panther,while crippling his AI ability,there still wouldnt be that much point in taking him over panther to fight enemy tanks. Slow speed and turret rotation still make it inferior to fight tanks compared to panther.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 01:33:26 am »

Tigers main role is Breakthrough. It is a slow, breakthrough tank, a steel wall that soaks up hits and cracks through defences while supporting infantry. It had indeed a good gun so it could engage multitude of targets. That's what Tiger is. What it is in EIRR? It is a pos that can't perform in breakthrough role without blowing to bits. What does Tiger do 60% of the game?

It sits behind frontlines behind a building waiting for mortar to kill up the anti tank guns.
Nug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 01:36:55 am »

Tigers main role is Breakthrough. It is a slow, breakthrough tank, a steel wall that soaks up hits and cracks through defences while supporting infantry
in real life maybe is....... in coh it's KT
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc