Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 09:29:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY IS EIRR DEAD  (Read 20796 times)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2012, 03:28:00 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWhd4wnVuFA

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2012, 03:28:21 pm »

I always play with new guys, I'm more than happy to accommodate them into my games, even if they don't have vent.

It's when people get their fucking names wrong that I get pissed off.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2012, 04:20:17 pm »

I dont know what you crybabies are on about. I like alot of the new guys. EiR has a steep learning curve and you cant expect them to pick it up overnight. Get them on vent, talk them through a game or 2. balance some teams. God forbid, switch factions. Think about when you played your first EiR game. Chances are you thought pumas were just the neatest thing going and built your company with 12 of them. Most of the new guys will get on vent and talk if you help them through it. You win in the end anyways because you get to play EiR which beats the shit out of playing launcher with your buttbuddy. There are a good number of guys who actually help these new guys instead of fagging them. Go forth and multiply.
Yours in love
Fail

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 04:45:05 pm »

Some players however refuses to even install vent no matter how much you try to explain the importance of it. Some players refuses to read through any kind of tutorial.

It really shouldn't come as a surprise when these players fuck something up, won't get into the game and then everyone rages at them.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2012, 05:08:44 pm »

ill help the new guys who are willing to recieve it, but i couldnt care any less for that dumbfuck who refuses to get vent "becuase he doesnt have a mic" and doesnt want to do the tutorials becuase "theyre too easy"

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 12:56:38 am »

So? Why should they have to install vent?

You have to understand a lot of people only play games casually, purely for fun, not necessarily to win. And they feel quite apprehensive about installing vent; they don't want to be shouted at by some idiot who thinks he knows what he's talking about.
I myself didn't actually want to install vent at all, it was only after constant nagging and abuse from some players that I did.

I understand why people might not want to get vent, and I don't think you should force them to if they're not comfortable with it; as that is more likely to drive them away than losing their first games.
After they've been around a while, sure, encourage them to think about getting it, but don't push people into it straight away.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2012, 03:53:34 am »

Schmidt you have turned into 99% naysayer.

Take the last game I asked you and vermillion tocome on vent, vermillion says he doesnt even have it installed!

Dafuq! That game was a perfect example of how little is required of a person using ventrilo. I think I said 8 sentences over the course of a game, but if it you guys had been new players I might have needed to say a lot  more.

Mostly new players can be "whipped" without any edge by saying: "Idle unit here", "This thing is done repairing", "Move up this atg/mg killer344"

This myth about yelling on noobs on vent is just that, myth. Now a bunch of hardcore eirr vets using vent.. yes there will be moaning, just sit in on malgoroth and 8thrifle.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 04:09:09 am »

You can operate just as effectively without vent.  All you need to do is use markers in moderation. Everyone understands that.

There's nothing worse than playing with an armchair general who spends more time telling you what to do rather than keeping his own shit alive, or even better, when he constantly asks you to be his meat shield. I remember a scrub telling me to rush my p4 into 2 atg's so his sniper could get a shot off..
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17:47 am »

Actually, armchair generals text message pingers like draken or killer were revered. This "ventrilo sucks" and armchair general sucks is news to me. If you don't need their input - you aren't the target of it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2012, 04:19:13 am »

That's not true at all. Communication is so much faster and it's a lot easier to get a grasp of the situation if everyone has vent.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2012, 04:40:25 am »

Yes, but the point is that's what they think will happen.

There is no way you can legitimize forcing new people to get on vent or threatening to not play with them; it is unfair to expect them to have to do these things when all they want to do is play.

All I'm saying is, let them go a few games without it first, and then encourage them to try vent.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2012, 06:59:50 am »

Yes its very anti-social and evil to demand people to come on vent in a team game! Especially with the kind of coordination you need to face better players.  Roll Eyes
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2012, 07:20:28 am »

Don't worry, you don't get it.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2012, 11:32:45 am »

All I'm saying is, let them go a few games without it first, and then encourage them to try vent.

That's the problem. With out vent, the first few games do not start or get fucked in the first 5 seconds.

Especially with the Relic issue right now where people can not see games. Noobs just give up and leave because we have no way to communicate the issue with them.

Nothing pisses me off more then finally convincing a new guy to get on vent for help, then one of you guys jumps in chat and say "you don't need vent, everyone will just yell at you"

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2012, 11:46:09 am »

Well first of all that's not true, I've had many games recently with new guys where they didn't need to get on vent.

And I doubt that's ever happened either.
But if you want to continue to force new people to do things against their will, just to play a simple game, then fine.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:49:50 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2012, 02:55:33 pm »

EIR is a vent community, get on vent or face serious consequences.
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2012, 03:52:36 pm »

i have played with a lot of new players and ive never had an issue, ive always fully explained how to get to the game and how to pm or find the chat room im in if theres a problem. everytime ive done this there has never been a single issue for them.

with the being shouted at on vent. for the first 5 - 10 games i ended up muting vent half way through the game from someone raging at me so it does happen.

Fixing the launcher, one mistake at a time.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2012, 06:03:26 pm »

That's the problem. With out vent, the first few games do not start or get fucked in the first 5 seconds.

Especially with the Relic issue right now where people can not see games. Noobs just give up and leave because we have no way to communicate the issue with them.

Nothing pisses me off more then finally convincing a new guy to get on vent for help, then one of you guys jumps in chat and say "you don't need vent, everyone will just yell at you"

^THIS

I've experienced plenty of games that got completely fucked just because the new guy(s) weren't on vent. This is ESPECIALLY bad when they don't even read any manuals and haven't got a clue what they are doing.

wrong profile name, relic gets down, they have connection issues, they got a bdsod, their hamster bit off the LAN cable, their house is on fire etc etc. There's just a plethora of different reasons for why a game can go tits up and without vent you don't know if the guy will show up in 5 seconds or 5 years.

And when the poor n00bs can't even get into any games they leave the mod never to be seen again.

VENTRILO IS IMPORTANT FOR OTHER REASONS THAN TEAMWORK FFS!
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2012, 06:51:35 pm »

we should add like omg has where it scans for progams before you can enter their interface, our launcher should scan for vent installed before you can open it.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2012, 07:02:16 pm »

we should add like omg has where it scans for progams before you can enter their interface, our launcher should scan for vent installed before you can open it.

Surely that will only serve to enhance the problem of population when a third-party program is also required to play the game in addition to everything else. As I speak, there are only 2 people online, population is low enough as it is without further narrowing the potential recruitment rate.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc