Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:15:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cloaking units 4 US  (Read 19678 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012, 03:50:42 pm »

You enjoy jumping down my throat don't you brn?

Just saying that assault is meant to be offensive and fireup defenssive would've sufficed, the lecture was unneeded, I know how both work. After that 1 use, yes, assault has exhausted its use.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012, 03:53:54 pm »

I didn't think that came off as offensive? Sorry if it did. I don't jump down anyone's throat on purpose. If my posts have given the wrong impression, sorry.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2012, 04:02:17 pm »

I didn't think that came off as offensive? Sorry if it did. I don't jump down anyone's throat on purpose. If my posts have given the wrong impression, sorry.

it's cool man.

Edit: White guy in the background looks like he's really aroused by Obama
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2012, 04:10:30 pm »

lose all cloak units except snipers. there.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2012, 04:12:30 pm »

invalidate the main unit of a doctrine. there.
Fixed for you, how about we make rangers riflemen with +10hp while at it? Or AB without the AB

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2012, 04:20:10 pm »

Since when were Stormtroopers the main unit of Blitz?

Until the Panther became silly with all it's AI buffs, the Tiger was well and truly the symbol of Blitz. The Stormtroopers were the supporting units in it, like the Calli would be for Armour or the dual shreck Tank Busters for Tank Destroyers.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2012, 04:34:21 pm »

Until the Panther became silly with all it's AI buffs, the Tiger was well and truly the symbol of Blitz. The Stormtroopers were the supporting units in it, like the Calli would be for Armour or the dual shreck Tank Busters for Tank Destroyers.
For most people (Given the amount of tears/love about the unit) stormtroopers are as much of a symbolic squad for the blitz doctrine as the tiger is, never said it was the only one but as far as I'm concerned the Tiger and Ninja's go hand in hand as the "Blitz" units.
Really, I bet you more people play blitz for the ninjas and not the tigers, at least with the ratio of them you see in play.

Sort of like how the Howie and the Rangers are sig units of Inf, in your own example you bring up the Calli and even if it's a "Supporting" tank it's just as much of a signature unit to armor as the Pershing is, no?

In the case of dual shreck TB's it's the same old unit with an extra shreck so in that case it doesn't stand out as much, stormtroopers however are as I said above, the feared ninja's of the blitz doc, because they are about the only unit in the game that played that role.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:36:12 pm by nikomas » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2012, 05:28:47 pm »

i never take more then 1 arty piece as americans. 105 sucks ass, lets give 40% faster rate of fire but still shit accuracy.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »

i never take more then 1 arty piece as americans. 105 sucks ass, lets give 40% faster rate of fire but still shit accuracy.
Your just bad.

What, do you hide your 105's up in your spawn and shoot at motorcycles?

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 02:19:50 am »

I stopped using the howie for that very reason.  The gun is not reliable due to long cooldown and accuracy.  It either is too accurate (all shells hitting the same spot) or veryi naccurate.  I remember discussing this with Leo or something but the Hummel has the sweet spot in having good scatter and accuracy as well as having a higher damage shell.

Currently, if you're US infantry and want arty, it's better to get the GMC as it's not sitting idle and gives you the support you need (and and 95mm Cromwell respectively).  It's like why would anyone use an AVRE when you can employ the GMC/StuH/95mm Cromwell, you know?

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 04:43:50 am »

But if you check some companies you will notice that it's possible to field enough from them, to make them
look like as they were a main unit for this company.

9th Armoured Engineers
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 05:18:46 am »

Fixed for you, how about we make rangers riflemen with +10hp while at it?

Is basically what they are, except Elite armour and crappy fire-up as well.

SophiaT1991 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 06:44:18 am »

US dont need cloaks
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 07:27:21 am »

Rangers have elite armor, better garands than rifles, more health, fire-up, and the capacity for far better upgrades than rifles. Even if you were to just compare vanilla rifles to vanilla rangers, rangers are far superior.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 08:43:05 am »

Is basically what they are, except Elite armour and crappy fire-up as well.
Implying elite armor and a "Crappy" fire up on top of additional weapon options doesnt make then a MUCH tougher unit?
What I meant was, remove cloak and you might as well remove storms, as they are just overpriced grens at that point, what I meant was it would be like removing fireup and elite armor from rangers.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 09:00:27 am »

Implying elite armor and a "Crappy" fire up on top of additional weapon options doesnt make then a MUCH tougher unit?
What I meant was, remove cloak and you might as well remove storms, as they are just overpriced grens at that point, what I meant was it would be like removing fireup and elite armor from rangers.

I do not think that is an equal comparison. Fireup is a timed ability with an exhaustion penalty: Meaning it can not be used on a continuous bases.

There is no time limit on cloak.

I am not saying remove cloak - I am saying you are not using an equal comparison.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 09:06:24 am »

Rangers have elite armor, better garands than rifles, more health, fire-up, and the capacity for far better upgrades than rifles. Even if you were to just compare vanilla rifles to vanilla rangers, rangers are far superior.

Rangers have exactly the same garands as rifles,
even the leader has the same crappy carbine.

It's basically an elite armor riflesquad with +10 health and fireup.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 09:18:52 am »

Strumtruppen have a normal infantry armour (lowest armour available) and the Rangers elite armour (It gives in the most cases -25% received damage and -25% received accuracy) but the Sturmtruppen have nearly +50% more health compared with the Ranger.

When you gonna to remove cloak from the Sturmtruppen you will still have a solid infantry squad with a good wapeon. (It deals +50% damage then the K98 from the Panzergrenadiere)

While when you gonna remove the elite armour and the FireUp! from the ranger you will have a crappy infantry unit which has just 10HP more then riflemen and the same wapeons as a rifleman squad. It's not so easy to compare axis elite infantry vs. elite infantry from the allied.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2012, 09:56:05 am »

Strumtruppen have a normal infantry armour (lowest armour available) and the Rangers elite armour (It gives in the most cases -25% received damage and -25% received accuracy) but the Sturmtruppen have nearly +50% more health compared with the Ranger.
You make the health argument,  but did you also factor in that it's a 6 man vs a 4 man squad? In this case...
65 x 6 = 390
95 x 4 = 380
Oh my? Unless I'm looking at the wrong files a ranger squad have 10 more combined HP + elite armor, WHAT A TWIST!!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:01:26 am by nikomas » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2012, 10:06:08 am »

When you gonna to remove cloak from the Sturmtruppen you will still have a solid infantry squad with a good wapeon. (It deals +50% damage then the K98 from the Panzergrenadiere)
As far as I know (and what the RGD's just said) both stormtroopers and regular grenadiers use the stormtrooper_kar_98 rifle, the same weapon, unless something else is different a vanilla stormtrooper squad has the same damage output as the grens do.

And that's fine really, stormtroopers are infiltration squads and rangers are assault squad and their abilities are as such.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc