Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 01:43:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Nebelwerfer  (Read 12754 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 23, 2012, 01:49:10 am »

Manpower: 400
Ammunition: 35
Fuel: 100
Pop: 7
Pool: 11

Let's talk about the Nebelwerfer. Six inaccurate rounds which have nice spread on a general area that suppresses enemy targets but its killing potential is very random and in its current version: Low. Long time ago it could instantly crit buildings and kill everyone within a construction. Was it a MG, a riflesquad, AB squad, rangers, tommies you name it. This was removed due to unforseen incident when Someone (name not mentioned) Lost a vet 3 ranger squad to a critical strike.

Nebelwerfers is indeed a slow support unit. When it fires you can hear its whoozing noises indicating doom is coming within the Fog of war. You will soon see small rockets piff and poff around your units suppressing and hopefully not killing anything.

What the nebelwerfers get from doctrine buffs? Aside from Supervision on Defencive they get possibly 50% more damage which they have no need for as it does not effect its killing potential which is the Damage over time from the incidiary marks each rocket leaves  in hopes some poor roflman is suppressed and is crawling in this scortched earth. Defencive also gives it a move and cloak ability on a Tier 4 which might be handy when hiding from Light vehicles but aside from that it is just a comical thing.

Blitzkrieg gives zip to Nebelwerfers but they do offer a sprint for mortars which means a sprinting mortar will yell "gtfo" to a nebelwerfer that is blocking other reinforcements with its crawling forward.

The hated Terror. This gives some love in a form of Mustard gas and Firestorm barrage. I've never tried firestorm barrage but I heard that it is fairly good and deals more damage than the regular barrage.

Whenever I saw a nebelwerfer on the field I saw a 105 shot blow it to bits in one shell when another one finished off the weapon itself, I wasn't impressed by that but figuring it is more mobile than a immobile one so I let it slide. Whenever I saw it fire it didn't deal too much and I was fairly sure a 7 infantry kill nebelwerfer was frowned upon by the 27 kill mortar crew which the nebel was competing against.

So my question to EIRR community is without mirroring or without taking unit a and b into account. Is nebelwerfer any good as it is? Or should it come with Firestorm barrage as a regular? Or should it have its building criticals increased? Or perhaps, should it obtain shells that actually explode like real artillery shells?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 02:09:36 am »

more heavy tanks for allies + more options in sort of arty for axis = every fanboy is happy

actually i have tried nebel few times, i was disapointed and never again looked at this unit as a good investment of resources. crits vs buildings should be added and at least 2 shells should be more accurate rest can be random.

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Headshotkiller Offline
Coder

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:27:31 am »

I played with the nebel quite some time now:
with firestorm I was able to archive around 25 - 35 kills when the gun was not hit by arty / was not rushed by any units
without firestorm only around 8 - 12 kills.
Average stats in a 3v3, 30 - 45 minutes.

This does not include suppressed / (heavy) damaged targets obviously.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:19:29 pm »

Give def the old +3 rockets and shorter cooldown

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 12:20:19 pm »

how about we just higher the damage output of the nebel?

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:22:59 pm »

Spartanmarine88 and I have played a few games together with it. As a witness, he can confirm that I was able to reduce a pershing to under 50% health with very few hits while using a firestorm nebelwerfer. I didn't actually get the tank kills, but both pershings had to fall back and repair because of it. The firepower of the firestorm nebelwerfer is amazing.

EDIT: The two pershings were in two separate games. So on two occasions I was able to deal the same amount of damage to a pershing tank. I chose the pershing as an example to illustrate the firestorm nebel's destructive power. It's even better vs infantry.

maps were:
 neuville (pershing behind church so 3 shots absorbed by church
der hitze? whatever it's called. Pershing was repairing behind a building on right side

also, ask lionel how he feels about firestorm nebelwerfer against his rangers xD
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:26:10 pm by 3rdCondor » Logged

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 12:27:05 pm »

Newbwelfer is okay(if it ever lives).

It may not do to much damage but the suppression AoE is real nice.

Firestorm is like having a free offmap fire its purdy good.( i think)

You could give it 3 more rockets, but dont give it less cooldown as well.(not sure what the current one is)

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 12:28:42 pm »

how about we just higher the damage output of the nebel?

terror already does that.
The firestorm doctrien ability for nebel dont need a buff.
Its the other buffs that don't compare.
Or maybe FS is just Op for the nebel. At any rate them other buffs ain't good enough to justify getting one Sad
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 12:36:19 pm »

well having one doc making nebel ueber good and 2 that have useless pitchforks is very dumb tbh. Either we take away firestorm and add more damage to the nebel, or we add 2 other variants of nebels in the other 2 docs....
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 12:42:59 pm »

Defensive has 88 arty as well as walking stuka, it doesn't need a nebel buff.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 12:43:43 pm »

2 firestorm nebels barraging the same general area is one of the prettiest things in the game.

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 12:46:49 pm »

Defensive has 88 arty as well as walking stuka, it doesn't need a nebel buff.

but no one takes it in this state because all it does is suppression. For its price u can take better units. Why dont we take nebel then out of def doc if it has already much better arty??
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 12:50:20 pm »

Yes I can get 2 better Artillery options on Defensive (Okay 1 because Stuka is crap) This fixes the problem that Nebel is utter crap without Firestorm ability. GENIOUS!
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 12:51:45 pm »

Yes I can get 2 better Artillery options on Defensive (Okay 1 because Stuka is crap) This fixes the problem that Nebel is utter crap without Firestorm ability. GENIOUS!

hahaha +1 lol
LiquiDeath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 01:30:47 pm »

a bit OT

i am rly full of aeroblade fanboism. he takes every chance to push allies changes and skew the axis statistics  etc. (e.g. bike vs. jeeps, clever suggesting units in question have other statistics) here and there - so could certain indviduals on this forum get additional fanboi tag  if enough ppl send moderator PM aknowledging this?

Why is nebel building crit even removed? the unit is shit and this was only thing making it badass

Panzershreck, time to unpimp zis ride!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 02:57:56 pm »

but no one takes it in this state because all it does is suppression. For its price u can take better units. Why dont we take nebel then out of def doc if it has already much better arty??

and the Nebel DOES get buffs via Def, +50 dmg AND you can get +35% acc & dmg via the officer if you supervise and take it from me, it's still crappy cuz it doesn't affect the DOT

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 04:45:14 pm »

nebel is pretty useful...but the building crit needs to be put back in

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 05:00:54 pm »

i dont usually use houses but when i do i get insta crited by nebels.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 06:00:06 pm »

I used to crit houses like you...then I took a QQ to the knee.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 07:35:41 pm »

House crits were rediq.

Now nebels are bunk without Firestorm rounds.

Surely, there is a happy medium?

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc