Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 01:57:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tank hunters vs mortar smoke  (Read 25716 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 04:53:54 pm »

You can't be serious...you're not that stupid ampm I know you aren't.

I can't believe the uproar over SMOKE i mean my god this is ridiulous.

Most doctrines were redesigned to fill holes in their lineup with doctrine abilities or unlock units. Tank Hunters deserves something of the same.

Which other doctrine has a gaping hole in it's lineup of units? Which other doctrine cannot take advantage of smoke?

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »

I am not asking for any big buffs, but I think TH should have atleast 1 hard counter that isnt limited to one use.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 06:26:51 pm »

What about giving TH Flammpanzer III's?

add pl0x

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 06:46:18 pm »

BUT in general why not lowering the sight of units in smoke? that would be quite fair. they could advanced but not see where the enemy is moving

this is actually a really good idea

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 07:35:42 pm »

Doesn't do much, as long as you have a jeep right behind them....

Now, reducing range in smoke, that would be something.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 07:52:44 pm »

Doesn't do much, as long as you have a jeep right behind them....

Now, reducing range in smoke, that would be something.

-furiously coding into my mod-

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 11:30:09 pm »

Most doctrines were redesigned to fill holes in their lineup with doctrine abilities or unlock units. Tank Hunters deserves something of the same.

Which other doctrine has a gaping hole in it's lineup of units? Which other doctrine cannot take advantage of smoke?

Im awaiting his reply as im sure you are.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 11:37:42 pm »

Well if the Stummel did it's job it would work in this role.

Personally my TH companies usually have 5 Mortar HT's. More then any of my SE companies. the trees don't even buff my Mortars and I run with more of them just because I hate getting raped by Support teams and smoke

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 12:30:59 am »

or bring hotchkis cmd tank back.
with some acc and reload buffs may as well be on a cooldown or sth.

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 12:54:10 am »

Stummels seem to hit around 1/3 of the time in smoke, but I'm not sure how feasible it is if you don't get the +5 range and the vs cover thing.

It goes without saying that microing the stummel to hit specific, moving infantry squads is pretty hellish. It has some weird movement/ai stuff going on at times.

I dunno, I can see both a traditional grenade and a "infrarot" type of unlock/ability working for TH.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:23 am »

Well if the Stummel did it's job it would work in this role.

Personally my TH companies usually have 5 Mortar HT's. More then any of my SE companies. the trees don't even buff my Mortars and I run with more of them just because I hate getting raped by Support teams and smoke

How-

where did you get the fuel to get 5 mortar HTs and still field sufficient ammount of anti tank?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2012, 08:41:27 am »

Well I don't use Jagd's for one
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 08:47:13 am »

Well I don't use Jagd's for one

Then I don't understand why you even have 5 MHTs.

I don't understand why you ain't playing SE due to them getting better buffs for 5 MHTs.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 08:49:32 am »

Well it's like this.

MHT's don't get buffed very much even in SE. SE is the worst doctrine for PE AT and needs the additional AT units. Running certain builds in TH's affords me the possibility of having 5 MHT's
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 08:55:50 am »

THAT is a lot of mortar halftracks lol.

Must hetzer spam or teller spam, something that causes the other side to go static or else they would be more of a liability.

Back to topic on hand. I really don't think it's a glaring weakness, I feel like Tank Hunters inherent weakness due to unit design IS at based infantry, so if you give them units that can effectively fight against them you would make them practically unbeatable.

Does anybody remember when Stummel's were stupidly broken for 2-3 weeks? You couldn't beat Tank Hunters, it was a celebration if you did because it completely covered up their main weakness.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:57:47 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 09:20:18 am »

Just read through and the most sense that has been made so far is this :
I really don't think it's a glaring weakness, I feel like Tank Hunters inherent weakness due to unit design IS at based infantry, so if you give them units that can effectively fight against them you would make them practically unbeatable.

My first thought after the first page was exactly that. At what point is it unbalanced that TH can't handle infantry in smoke as well as other doctrines. To me if feels like if you were to buff Tank Hunters to handle infantry in smoke (which unless, is SPECIFICALLY FOR UNITS IN SMOKE ONLY, would make TH good against infantry overall) they would be they would be Tank and Soldier Hunters which doesn't seem quite right to me. As much as we would all like it you either are balanced and can do well with your standard units or you can take TH and be AWESOME at killing tanks but your AI suffers. Thats just how balancing works.

Now if you were to make it so that the negatives cause by smoke wasn't so bad (not remove!!!!) for TH attacking units that only have the smoke modifiers applied... then I would say alright. But mind you I am not saying buff TH smoke in any way for them to be able to use it more effectively than other factions. Just that perhaps when they shoot into or through smoke their debuffs are not as intense.

Engage discussion- 

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 09:32:31 am »

Uh. No. Smokaz is QQing because he can't avoid/go through smoke.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2012, 09:56:27 am »

Uh. No. Smokaz is QQing because he can't avoid/go through smoke.

can't or won't? some guys see smoke and retreat or just sit there like "pfft smoke hahaha" and then qq when they can't kill.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2012, 11:31:16 am »

can't or won't? some guys see smoke and retreat or just sit there like "pfft smoke hahaha" and then qq when they can't kill.

You can always retreat only so far....
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 12:16:31 pm »

When there is smoke, there'll be airborne. Do send a tank to meet the wall of RRs.

TH is strongest when it is versus armor, it is weakest when it is facing infantry.

which brings up  AB suckzzzzzzzzzzsssssssssss vs just about all infantry. Not just one type with one situation. Ie guys in smoke.

Seems such small and narrow situation to complain about as TH. I mean all docs have their weak points. And smoke isnt exactly whats killing your tanks.
But i guess if you are being spammed by smoke and RR or zooks and you dont have a counter (like that never happens to anyone else) you should complain about it on the forums.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:18:02 pm by Poppi » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc