Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SE beginner guide  (Read 6684 times)
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 12, 2012, 10:41:36 am »

Welcome to europe in ruins,

this guide should give you some ideas about one of the most balanced doctrine of eirr. each combination of tier's has its own charme.

I want to dicuss, in this thread,:

-arty noobing
-flamers
-mine spam

Arty noobing:
why: well using arty can have several reasons: u are not able to handle support weapons, allied arty or blobs. dont use hotchkiss stuka, even when it gets buffs, its arty is  far to weak to be used, so you have to use the Hummel. A hummel barrage knocks out every arty emplacement or supportweapon. Very important is that its clear to you that you choose a supporting role, do not charge all your stuff into the frontline, cause you need troops to defend the hummel. usually 1 shrek is enough if you keep the huimmel a bit behind the frontline (to defend against infantry flankings use minefields, wire, or napalmstrike).
Give always a sign where you want to fire, "artellerie kennt weder freund noch feind nur gute ziele" -artellery knows neither friend nor enemy - only good targets. SO MARK WHERE YOU WANT TO SHOOT, to avoid friendly fire. (otherwise it happens too much that your allies charging into the barrage)
strategy: well you have 2 options
              - knockout the enemy supportweapons, thats what i recommend take always the secure 3 kills instead of the low chance
                of hitting 10
              - gamble and try to hit the enemy blob, if you want to do that than obeserve how the enemy blob hows the enemy  
                moving them? you can than estimate where he's properly moving and target that position
disadvantages: well it binds pop 10 at least, that are two infantry squads which cant support your allies!!! so the chance of an enemy break through is increased.
Doctrince specialization: well if you want to instant kill an arty emplacement than you go double t3 (middle and bottom) it gives you + 2 shells and incendary effect, this kills always any emplacements, even on long range.
if you want to make sure that the 10 pop less never lead to flanking or a breakthrough, than you should get bottom t4 and get some minefields.
if you want to fight blobs you choose chemical fire, cause the fire spreads more than the explosion and you get a reload buff for the hummel.
THE + 2 SHELLS of long range destruction, actual NEVER HIT INFANTRY!!! so if you wan to use long range destruction use it against repairing tanks or emplacements.
suggestions: my personal recommendation is to have to 2 very similiar companies. but one of them has a healcar and mines so that you are able to support your teammates. while the other company gets the full arty improvement. that means napalm strike to impro against inf rushes and arty spotting. talk with your buddies which one they want.
DO NEVER GET MORE THAN 2 HUMMEL. its eating to much resources! that you need for anti tank or as anti inf (p4 ist or hotch)
Arty start? ONLY in a 4v4 and even there it can fail hard. if you do an arty start than you basically hope that your first shoot kills
somehing expensive like a greyhound or 2 enitre riflemen squads.

Flammer
you have to get the t3 unlock
why: well goundfire units are perfect in close combat and in anti blob fight. the flammenwerfer makes good damage against units in cover and forces them to move out, where the rest of the Squad can shoot them with their mp44. => very powerful in close combat.
strategy: well the only problem that this infantry is facing is to get into an effective combat range. here are several solutions to solve that:
1. dragon half track: put 2 flamer into a ht, crush into enemy lines, get out short before the ht gets destroyed.
2. smoke: use mortar smoke to get close to their position
3. use hummel t3 smoke barrage to advance(i am not having good experience with that, since you cant get anymore the + 25% flame damage of the chemical fire t4 and you miss 2 squads to storm, but its an option)
4. you can also equip you flammenwerfertrooper with incendary assault and charge right into the enemy lines. incendary assault break suppression and gives you slightly less received damage. (VERY RISKY, one squad costs you 170 munition, which is an high price, which they often cant justify)
5. combine them with mg or g43 and let them suppress the enemy unit, than use sprint.
6. IN GENERAL: flank with sprint

disadvantages: they are very expensive (330 mp with sprint, 120 muni) and quite fragile. so use cover, flank or smoke.
Doctrince specialization: well if you need cover, than use double t3 (top and bottom) and hummel, which is giving you smoke, or use a mortar HT.
If you want maximum combat efficiency than go for chemical fire. this is also good combineable with mortars giving you smoke (dot of flamemortaring is increased).
!!!IN ANY CASE: YOU NEED THE HEAL CAR!!!
suggestions:
In general you can say that a flammenwerfer unit did its job when it has 8 - 12 kills and 12- 20 are great.
my personal experience is that 2 different types of companies were successful.
1. chemical fire + one hummel + several flammerwerfer + 2 healcar + arty spotting. the first wave engages and one squad is put aside and start to build wire. and places tank blockades at the key positions, where tanks could pass.This will be a light fortress for your hummel later. (setting up a whole fortress takes too long). Anti tank is mainly done by marders so that you have the munition free for flammers. when you have arround 30 pop you can call in the hummel.
start to bleed the enemy out with the hummel. than later, when its destroyed or retreated you call in flammers supported by marders  to finish the infantry. so dont use your whole cool stuff in the beginning.

2. flammers + 2 healcar + napalmstrike + arty spotting. ARTY SPOTTING are you nuts??? no, arty spotting shows you where the enemy has his infantry. and thats where you attack...
anti tank support was done by panther, but that was before this stupid balance patch. now you can use marder for that. this is a very aggressive companytype. you are basically trying to chase the enemy infantry down. (3-4 g43 can be useful to suppress enemy infantry - flammers do the rest)

Mine spam
well thats actually not a real strategy but its a nice "addon" for an arty company or support company. choose minefields + panzer pioneers as unlock. than get for 4 minesfields and at least 4 panzerpioneers with democharges. DONT start with a minefield but engage the enemy and place it while you are engaging the enemy(so that you have won a bit of territory.)

why: can be a really nasty suprise a against players that forgot their minesweeper, its good to defend your hummel and in general great to defend, since the enemy has to be careful where he charges.

strategy: place minefield and keep a unit there. this can be an mg or a sniper of your allies. this unit is needed to keep the allies away from using minesweepers. use the panzerpioneer to place at the keypoints the democharges and start to build defenses. now if you got a hummel use it. when the area is secured.
Or what i have done with reward points... LW sniper to force them to attack.

If you have nice traps than you have to force the enemy to attack so that he runs right into your trap.

disadvantages: TIME you need time to set it up. maybe you dont get it. so you can fail hard

Doctrince specialization: use blow the bridges, for mine terror.

suggestions: well for sure one of the most funny company types. the only thing that really has to bother you is callis. they can knock out a whole mine field with one barrage. and that hurts. snipers are actually not a big problem, cause they cant operate free (they can easily hit a mine when they are going for the kill.)

this was actually my best company, back when we had the reward points. 1 sniper + 4minefields + flammers + arty spotting + chem fire + marders.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:23:03 pm by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 11:39:13 am »

nice, iam sure that helps beginners to handle Scorched earth

+1

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
SophiaT1991 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:02:12 pm »

wowohohohohohohoh

Flamer grens only cost 20 muni more then assualt grens? DAFUQ

I play SE and dont use any of tactics in the guide,
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:28:16 pm by SophiaT1991 » Logged
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 02:26:04 pm »

Not sure if good deal or if assault grens are overpriced

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
SophiaT1991 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »

Well flamers cost 50 or 55 for engies and pios, so 120 for 3 mp44 and a flamer isnt bad.
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 02:38:30 pm »

assualt grens work out as 25 munis per mp44, so if you take 1 mp44 and add a flamer and make the unit 120 munis the flamer cos works out as 55 munis which is the same as other flamers other than the brit one

Fixing the launcher, one mistake at a time.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 06:56:40 pm »

well using arty can have several reasons: u are not able to handle support weapons, allied arty or blobs. dont use hotchkiss stuka, even when it gets buffs, its arty is  far to weak to be used, so you have to use the Hummel.

LOL tell that to Heartmann's 80 kill a game Hotch.

They are decent ai with their main gun, and thier arty when used medium to close range is VERY powerful, especially with burn rounds.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:58:42 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 07:13:01 pm »

Hotchkiss stuka is a fantastic unit to harass the enemy and if they try to rush you, a good AI gun, and also good for stopping back cappers. You can keep it alive the whole game by constantly moving it into situations where there will be no AT and just infantry. which can occur any time in game, against any skill leveled player. Knowing when to commit its gun to the frontline (or flanks) determines your success with the unit.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 09:48:35 pm »

no, hotch stukas are trash

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 10:52:11 pm »

Guide to SE:

Inc hummels and lockdown ISTs.

GG.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
taco355 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 11:24:24 pm »

No.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 12:35:34 am »

Guide to SE:

Inc hummels and lockdown ISTs.

GG.

Imminent loss vs any armored company.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 04:48:16 am »

Go tell that to Puddin, while your at it play his quick response company, he'll bring out 3 at once and get 15+ kills on every one.

ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:53 am »

ok,

guys i am blunt with you: units that perform well in stacks are not necassrly good. And in general hotchkiss stuka can be nice. BUT NOT IF YOU WANT TO ARTY NOOB. hotchkiss in general is nice, but if you want to arty noob than you should be able to fire on any distance. hotchkiss stuka are to inaccurate for doing damage on mid and longrange.

PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 07:18:05 am »

with the recomending people to use blow the bridges, (bott t4) im pretty sure i saw brn testing it and he found the timer buff you get is given to the enemy and the timer nerf the enemy gets is actually given to you
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 07:29:02 am »

who the fuck you calling stacker?
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 07:31:05 am »

ok,

guys i am blunt with you: units that perform well in stacks are not necassrly good. And in general hotchkiss stuka can be nice. BUT NOT IF YOU WANT TO ARTY NOOB. hotchkiss in general is nice, but if you want to arty noob than you should be able to fire on any distance. hotchkiss stuka are to inaccurate for doing damage on mid and longrange.

Hotchkiss Stukas are amazing even outside of a stack...
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 08:03:45 am »

Hotchkiss Stukas are amazing even outside of a stack...

Ick only stacks Smiley

On another note, i would feel a lot more comfortable with a noob using a hotch stuka, then with a hummel.

Its only 8 pop fires faster and CAN be used for more then just its arty, where as the Hummel is expensive slow and takes up more pop and they can fail just as hard with it.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 10:39:17 am »

Go tell that to Puddin, while your at it play his quick response company, he'll bring out 3 at once and get 15+ kills on every one.

yea, but getting 15+ kills on each one over the course of 20 minutes while his teammates get raped playing 2 on 3 doesnt actually help the team win.  Stukas are trash man.  They only fire 4 shells, of which only one hits any particular target, and likely 0 unless you are very lucky.  For what the hotch stuka provides, a mortar HT is superior for indirect fire, and an armored car is superior vs lone wandering infantry.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 01:20:01 pm »

Doctrince specialization: well if you want to instant kill an arty emplacement than you go double t3 (middle and bottom) it gives you + 2 shells and incendary effect, this kills always any emplacements, even on long range.
if you want to make sure that the 10 pop less never lead to flanking or a breakthrough, than you should get bottom t4 and get some minefields.
if you want to fight blobs you choose chemical fire, cause the fire spreads more than the explosion and you get a reload buff for the hummel.
THE + 2 SHELLS of long range destruction, actual NEVER HIT INFANTRY!!! so if you wan to use long range destruction use it against repairing tanks or emplacements.
suggestions: my personal recommendation is to have to 2 very similiar companies. but one of them has a healcar and mines so that you are able to support your teammates. while the other company gets the full arty improvement. that means napalm strike to impro against inf rushes and arty spotting. talk with your buddies which one they want.
DO NEVER GET MORE THAN 2 HUMMEL. its eating to much resources! that you need for anti tank or as anti inf (p4 ist or hotch)
Arty start? ONLY in a 4v4 and even there it can fail hard. if you do an arty start than you basically hope that your first shoot kills
somehing expensive like a greyhound or 2 enitre riflemen squads.

Flammer
you have to get the t3 unlock
why: well goundfire units are perfect in close combat and in anti blob fight. the flammenwerfer makes good damage against units in cover and forces them to move out, where the rest of the Squad can shoot them with their mp44. => very powerful in close combat.
strategy: well the only problem that this infantry is facing is to get into an effective combat range. here are several solutions to solve that:
1. dragon half track: put 2 flamer into a ht, crush into enemy lines, get out short before the ht gets destroyed.
2. smoke: use mortar smoke to get close to their position
3. use hummel t3 smoke barrage to advance(i am not having good experience with that, since you cant get anymore the + 25% flame damage of the chemical fire t4 and you miss 2 squads to storm, but its an option)
4. you can also equip you flammenwerfertrooper with incendary assault and charge right into the enemy lines. incendary assault break suppression and gives you slightly less received damage. (VERY RISKY, one squad costs you 170 munition, which is an high price, which they often cant justify)
5. combine them with mg or g43 and let them suppress the enemy unit, than use sprint.
6. IN GENERAL: flank with sprint

Mine spam
well thats actually not a real strategy but its a nice "addon" for an arty company or support company. choose minefields + panzer pioneers as unlock. than get for 4 minesfields and at least 4 panzerpioneers with democharges. DONT start with a minefield but engage the enemy and place it while you are engaging the enemy(so that you have won a bit of territory.)

why: can be a really nasty suprise a against players that forgot their minesweeper, its good to defend your hummel and in general great to defend, since the enemy has to be careful where he charges.

Some notes about what is posted.  First I am not sure if newer players should be messing around with SE and arty to begin with.  If said player does not know how to handle his (for the most part) horribly fragile and finicky AT units, his powerful but counter-able AI units, then he will probably be more of a detriment  
to his team than anything especially if 10 pop is tied up with a Hummel.

Unless there has been an undocumented change recently, Chemical Fire does not increase the splash radius of inc barrage nor does it increase the DoT affect.  The lower cooldown however is very nice.  Chemical Fire does do a nice increase damage in the other DoTs.  Mortar Halftrack Flame mortar shots are pretty much instant death on any infantry it lands on and Inc grenades used to do so much damage that you could damage repairing tanks with them.  

Long range destruction gives some nice buffs besides the extra shells for the Hummel barrage.  Notably increased range on a lot of key abilities on SE core units.

Inc barrage frankly is all u need to "noob" arty, so going Mobile Plats and Inc Warheads is perfectly fine also.  

Hotch Stukas are fine with inc warheads.  Crazy's pt that a Mortar ht is more efficient has some weight given the much higher fuel cost of 160 vs 45 for the Mortar HT and the 8 pop vs 6 pop.  However with inc warheads the Hotch can be very effective at taking out support weapons given that the splash is increased and the DoT can take down support crews quickly after impact.  The Hotch has the speed to zip in to get the close-in accuracy you need for accurate strikes as well as better speed and pathing to get around the field in general.  It is also a lot tougher than a Mortar HT.  Traditionally LV rushes that would kill a Mortar HT, M8s - T17s - Stags, will not really trouble Hotch Stuks very much given their superior armor, speed, and ability to pen back with a quick firing gun.

Probably not a good idea to follow Ick's advice to devote fuel towards regular hotchs for AI purposes.  Your anti-infantry vehicles should be ISTs, inf halftracks (dragon hts work fine with just one assault flammen in them btw), or armored cars which cost less fuel.  

As for minefields, since as far as I can tell they no longer have a mix of butterfly mines in them (only firecracker and tank slow mines) and hence are no real danger to tanks by themselves, the enemy can use LVs or tanks as makeshift mine clears if you don't devote a mobile AT asset to protect it( or the Hummel that the minefield is protecting)  Not sure if I would consider demo's mines, and firecracker mines again can be set off by vehicles for some reason which makes them lose their luster a bit.  

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:22:47 pm by Uglysori » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc