Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 10:00:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AB Pool  (Read 4553 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: September 07, 2012, 06:18:46 pm »

Can it be fixed? It just doesn't feel right. I'm trying to run what I think is a normal company, with 2x snipers rather than 1x and it is quite difficult, I'm running LVs, armor, inf, and support, I'm not spamming anything, but I'm still hitting my reserves super early in all categories but inf. It just seems out of place because I have played loads of games with all other doctrines on the US, WM, and some CW and never run into this problem.

For AT I'm just about being forced to use AB with RRs, but I really don't want to use them, I just want a basic company with 2x snipers. Now maybe this isn't really a problem and it's just the set up I'm using, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the problem lies in the huge infantry pool, it assumes that you are only going to be running mass AB like before, but with the way the doctrine is lined out you are probably going to use support teams or something in conjunction. I think if you cut down inf to 78-74 and put into all the other three it would balance out.

Also AB riflemen are at 4 pool which doesn't make sense, they are already more expensive than regular rifles and they don't get enough buffs from the doctrines either to warrant the pool cost.

Another thing is AB medic is 6 pool, which is incredibly high imo, it's already 4 pop and I'm not sure, but I don't think it gets the same buffs as AB do in the tree, either way, to balance this all healing should cost pool, or AB medic should get a pool decrease.

AB
inf - 84
support - 48
veh - 42
armor - 36

INFANTRY
inf - 84
support - 54
veh - 30
armor - 42

ARMOR
inf - 60
support - 42
veh - 48
armor - 60

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 06:57:39 pm »

I looked at it, it's totally impossible to use even a majority of your FU with out going into your reserves, I tried different combos of different units, but your armor and vehicle pool just don't have enough.

The infantry pool is too big, even if you are spamming AB rifles and AB it will still be pretty tough to deplete your infantry pool into the red.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:47:55 pm »

Here is what i think. Airborne have high penetration but low damage or lower damage, so you have to take quite a few i take 6.

Also Airborne roflemanz cost 5 pool and cost A whole fucking 7 with 2  bars. Which is bullshite.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 02:38:01 pm »

I SO AGREE.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 02:41:40 pm »

I agree.

The AB infantry pool is too high.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 03:20:14 pm »

ya i tried doing the 2  AB sniper in my company and with so much FU may as well do 4 m18s and a regular AB company. after that, i was pretty much fucked. Pool was maxed with so much FU left.
My inf pool with a descent amount AB RR and AB bars is only -3. Support,  is always in the red. Armoured is like -21. I think AB needs a bump to armored and support pool max
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:22:53 pm by Poppi » Logged
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 03:55:24 pm »

Maybe there will be a metagame shift with the next big patch that this is not necessary and it's not a key to have lots of armour in a company and
company builds will be more suited to their own pool limits. (This should be normally the reason for the different pool values of each company..)

9th Armoured Engineers
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 05:42:24 pm »

Maybe there will be a metagame shift with the next big patch that this is not necessary and it's not a key to have lots of armour in a company and
company builds will be more suited to their own pool limits. (This should be normally the reason for the different pool values of each company..)

well until AB is finsihed, or RR get buffed. At capabilities lay in support and armour. Which are both low for AB.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 08:11:10 pm »

finally! responses to this!

yeah its really hard running a good AB company that can go against WM and do well with the armor pool so borked.

i think the only people that do well with AB are those that are just playing stomps or players less skilled than themselves, and a very select few that can work with smoke, but that's more micro than most can do.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 11:04:19 am »

finally! responses to this!

yeah its really hard running a good AB company that can go against WM and do well with the armor pool so borked.

i think the only people that do well with AB are those that are just playing stomps or players less skilled than themselves, and a very select few that can work with smoke, but that's more micro than most can do.

If you want to use the real AB units you have a serious problem because they are a bit more expensive then the regular counterparts and result in a unit shrink in the whole company. The AB-Ranger itselft are not the best infantry and get pretty easy killed a lot of stuff. RR's cost 150Muni and is a pure fail investment against any sort of phase armour.

The best AB players are the dudes who are spamming smoke and RRs with a massive blob.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 02:16:55 pm »

Not really, if you use a well balanced company with AB as AT support to supplement tanks and ATG's, you can do quite well.

Only time I bring out more than 2 AB is when I need to, like multiple tanks (3+) or if I'm just out of other AT so I bring 'em out and split 'em up

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc