Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:09:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Poll
Question: Who would u vote as president of the USA 2012?
Barack Obama - 22 (78.6%)
Mitt Romney - 6 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Election 2012 USA  (Read 42978 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 07:51:53 am »

If organization of religion isn't alowed in a secular state, it suddenly does not become a secular state, but an imposed anti-theocracy. You blame the tool? I don't quite recall the book in the Bible (regular or Apocryphal) which featured Jesus slaughtering pagans, herding Jews into cchoncentration camps and enslaving people. I do, however, recall that the message of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim holy texts is one of peace and solidarity. The issue comes when people interpret that as they will. Instead of banning the tool, perhaps one should be better instructed in its use. A tool can be used for creation as well as destruction.

Getting rid of religion will solve nothing - many of the evils you speak would exist or already exist outside of it. Evil is universal. Malicious brainwashing before the age of 18? Maybe instead of getting rid of religion, crusade against children's advertisers, or Disney, for locking children into an ultra-consumerist ideology even from infancy.

I blame the tool that is organized religion, not the religious text. I'm pretty sure nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say "oh, and yeah, build me a bunch of extravagant and super-expensive churches and have pastors/priest preaching my word in a language most people can't even understand". Didn't stop Catholicism from being the evil piece of shit that it was in medieval times.

I do however recall the Bible (in particular the old testament) saying slavery is more or less so OK as long as it's not done to Jews, that it's OK to murder your own son as long as you're convinced god has a direct phoneline to your head and is telling you to do it and that anybody who so much as looks at a woman with lust is condemned to suffer eternally in the pits of hell. You know, batshit crazy stuff.

I have zero problems with Christians who believe in what they believe, while understanding the one, in my opinion, most important bit of the bible - the one about not judging people. I.e. - respecting people for their beliefs. What brings me into a blind raging fury whenever I get to talk to US christians is the fact they are the most hypocritical and ignorant pieces of crap on the planet - forgoing their own commandements to perpetuate that same religion. It doesn't seem like the normal avenues for the dumbing down of such stupid religious extremism have worked in the US, which is why I think the country should have a massive, institutionalised back-lash against organised religion. At least until religious dogma stops having any part in any political debate, and institutional persecution of non-Christians is abolished. Simply put - if the kids can't play with their toys without poking each other's eyes out, then take away their toys until they learn.

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 07:53:04 am »

Maybe instead of getting rid of religion, crusade against children's advertisers, or Disney, for locking children into an ultra-consumerist ideology even from infancy.

Actually adverts aimed at children is already illegal in several countries.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 08:14:45 am »

I blame the tool that is organized religion, not the religious text. I'm pretty sure nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say "oh, and yeah, build me a bunch of extravagant and super-expensive churches and have pastors/priest preaching my word in a language most people can't even understand". Didn't stop Catholicism from being the evil piece of shit that it was in medieval times.

I do however recall the Bible (in particular the old testament) saying slavery is more or less so OK as long as it's not done to Jews, that it's OK to murder your own son as long as you're convinced god has a direct phoneline to your head and is telling you to do it and that anybody who so much as looks at a woman with lust is condemned to suffer eternally in the pits of hell. You know, batshit crazy stuff.

I have zero problems with Christians who believe in what they believe, while understanding the one, in my opinion, most important bit of the bible - the one about not judging people. I.e. - respecting people for their beliefs. What brings me into a blind raging fury whenever I get to talk to US christians is the fact they are the most hypocritical and ignorant pieces of crap on the planet - forgoing their own commandements to perpetuate that same religion. It doesn't seem like the normal avenues for the dumbing down of such stupid religious extremism have worked in the US, which is why I think the country should have a massive, institutionalised back-lash against organised religion. At least until religious dogma stops having any part in any political debate, and institutional persecution of non-Christians is abolished. Simply put - if the kids can't play with their toys without poking each other's eyes out, then take away their toys until they learn.

See that's where I somewhat agree. I personally think Bible Belt Christians shouldn't even possess that epithet. However, in this case religion is used as a veil. Removing Christianity from the area would not change the horrid practices which occur in such a place - it would only force them to hide them further. It's not organized religion that's the problem. You don't see Catholic clergies or Orthodox clergies exerting their influence on society. It's the people who are at fault, and not the organization itself. Taking away organized religion will do nothing but further attenuate the problem.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 08:26:04 am »

Because Bible Belt Christians are not practicing organized religion (specifically Protestant Christianity)?
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 08:37:26 am »

They're practicing organized religion, but the undesirable aspects of their society are only superficially related to it.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2012, 08:50:13 am »

You don't see Catholic clergies or Orthodox clergies exerting their influence on society.

Only that's EXACTLY what they do.

The catholic church's ban on condoms is a glaringly obvious example of this, but there are others as well.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2012, 08:57:17 am »

What I should have said was government. Exerting influence on certain aspects of people's lives is fine - people can choose whether or not they can make decisions for themselves. I certainly don't obey every edict or doctrine which comes out of the Vatican, yet I am still Catholic.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2012, 10:30:39 am »

Generalizations reveal it.

How is it generalizing? A large part of the christian community believe in creationism. That's a lot more than just a few bad stereotypes.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 10:53:02 am »

What I should have said was government. Exerting influence on certain aspects of people's lives is fine - people can choose whether or not they can make decisions for themselves. I certainly don't obey every edict or doctrine which comes out of the Vatican, yet I am still Catholic.

Christianity exerts influence on the US government in several ways so no that isn't true. Abortion, taxation of churches and gay rights are issues which organised Christian groups have managed to influence legislation on in several states.

A great deal of Christians in America believes that the US government shouldn't be secular and exerts influence to steer it in that direction and they have been making progress.

Several states explicitly forbids atheists from holding office.

Speaking of Catholics, the Vatican exerts a great deal of influence on both the people and state of Italy.

And then there's a few outright theocratic states which by definition is absolutely influenced by an organised religion.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 06:15:07 pm »

wow, 3 pages that quick...i missed some good stuff Sad where we at?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 10:36:50 pm »

Im predicting Mitt Romney to win.

Read this lol.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9659694/US-election-2012-voting-machine-changes-vote-for-Barack-Obama-to-Mitt-Romney.html

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 10:44:14 pm »

(And yes, I am aware that he didnt win)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 10:45:09 pm »

I have to say I much prefer the opinions of my friends across the water and elsewhere in the world then my friends on facebook when it has come to the election.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2012, 10:54:56 pm »

I have to say I much prefer the opinions of my friends across the water and elsewhere in the world then my friends on facebook when it has come to the election.
+1
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2012, 11:11:16 pm »

My friends are divided into two categories. People into Obama. And people in a branch of the military service and their wives/husbands.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2012, 11:32:04 pm »

My friends are divided into two categories. People into Obama. And people in a branch of the military service and their wives/husbands.
Ouch, really?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2012, 11:48:21 pm »

Obama's overall support for the military is pretty bad. He's extremely unpopular with the armed forces and anyone that is a military family member in general.

Both are faulty. Shitty political system is shitty.

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2012, 11:53:13 pm »

lol there ever heard of this shitty anonymous group who was trying to vote for a 3rd party.

kust taking away votes :p

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 12:11:31 am »

And..... Obama takes...... thank god intelligence prevailed.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 12:40:53 am »

This should be interesting, debt ceiling fight is coming up.

"Interesting" in US politics generally means terrifying.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:43:04 am by acker » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc