Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:41:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Poll
Question: Who would u vote as president of the USA 2012?
Barack Obama - 22 (78.6%)
Mitt Romney - 6 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Election 2012 USA  (Read 42976 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2012, 10:03:15 pm »

Im astonished to see people suggesting China will go to war.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:42 pm »

If China makes any hostile action towards the US all of that debt is erased. Kinda handy.

If China made a serious attempt at attacking the US, the  US would be erased...... not so handy.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2012, 10:17:53 pm »

If China made a serious attempt at attacking the US, the  US would be erased...... not so handy.

Would you like to figure out how they would cross the ocean? Or project power? Or do anything.

TBH there is no real issue with a Chinese invasion.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2012, 10:26:41 pm »

you guys are retards fantasising about a Chinese invasion, go get some education.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2012, 10:45:29 pm »

Would you like to figure out how they would cross the ocean? Or project power? Or do anything.

TBH there is no real issue with a Chinese invasion.

Hubris doth cometh before a fall

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2012, 12:43:56 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=egUDYu_qmL0&feature=endscreen

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2012, 02:25:37 am »

If China makes any hostile action towards the US all of that debt is erased. Kinda handy.

Only 1/16 of the debt is loaned by China.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:46:58 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2012, 10:03:47 am »

Only 1/16 of the debt is loaned by China.

Yes, but enough that it would make them sad to lose it.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2012, 10:23:06 am »

I read an interesting statistic today.

Apparently 8/10 of the richest counties in the USA voted overwhelmingly in favor of Obama in this election. Kinda puts down the Rich vs Poor claim alot of people have been making in the media.

Also(I know politics is a slow moving machine) but since 1899 there has been 23 official recessions in the United states and 17 of those happened under a republican administration. It would seem that republican leadership is not so handy with the Economy.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:24:46 am by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2012, 10:43:15 am »

Apparently 8/10 of the richest counties in the USA voted overwhelmingly in favor of Obama in this election. Kinda puts down the Rich vs Poor claim alot of people have been making in the media.

The majority of the richest counties in the USA are located in the most Democratic states in the United States. The information is true as it goes, but the people of the state are already more Democratic, on average, than the average American.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2012, 11:15:14 am »

The majority of the richest counties in the USA are located in the most Democratic states in the United States. The information is true as it goes, but the people of the state are already more Democratic, on average, than the average American.

So........... what made them more democratic? Were they poor republicans that turned demo when they got rich? Or did being Democrats make them rich.

Or is your post kinda silly and pointless.........
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2012, 12:17:17 pm »

Also(I know politics is a slow moving machine) but since 1899 there has been 23 official recessions in the United states and 17 of those happened under a republican administration. It would seem that republican leadership is not so handy with the Economy.

that's what i found in my research as well and i think the 3 biggest in the last 100 years came with republicans in office.

then again, europe is highly democratic outside of germany and look how bad they are.

Just shows, you can't go extremes, everything in moderation

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2012, 12:32:02 pm »

then again, europe is highly democratic outside of germany and look how bad they are.

Just shows, you can't go extremes, everything in moderation

A major issue i think is that Europe and the US are largely set up in the exact same way. (A big group trying to contain lots of little self governing bodies) However Europe doesn't have an overall moderating government body the way the US does (the federal government) That has helped mitigate the impact of the economic crisis.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:34:44 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2012, 12:38:57 pm »

I wish people (Americans specifically) would stop referring to "Europe" as it if it was a single country like the us...

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2012, 12:47:08 pm »

*Yawn*

Reason why rich counties tend to vote for Obama is not because they literally contain loads of rich people - but rather contain loads of relatively well-off people (the middle class), who generally have a relatively more left-wing stance (in American terms. In Europe it would be considered only very very slightly off to the left from the centrists) on social and economic issues. Something that the democrats encompass - at least better than the republicans do.

Trying to make out that the typical Democrat voter is poor, and the typical Republican voter is rich is just bloody silly. There's plenty of Democrat leaning business owners (President of Chrysler, anybody?), and there's plenty of Republican leaning poor people (think who a typical religious fundamentalist living in a trailer park would vote for?)

Also, saying that left-wing countries in Europe are not doing too great while the more right-wing ones are doing well is just.. wrong-headed. The Scandinavias are doing as well as ever, while at the same time a relatively right-wing (economics and foreign policy) country such as Switzerland isn't really feeling much wrong with itself either. The reason Greece is failing isn't because of it had social security or regulation. It's because it implemented the whole thing with about as much sense and foresight to it as the average starfish.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2012, 12:48:58 pm »

I wish people (Americans specifically) would stop referring to "Europe" as it if it was a single country like the us...

Read up on the organizational structure of the US niko, and why its internal divisions are called 'states' and not territories or provinces. The come back and tell me the US is a single 'country'

Hint: there is a reason its called United 'states' and not an actual distinctive name.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2012, 12:51:12 pm »

The US is indeed like a more homogenous European Union rather than a fully integrated single country.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2012, 01:30:46 pm »

So........... what made them more democratic? Were they poor republicans that turned demo when they got rich? Or did being Democrats make them rich.

Or is your post kinda silly and pointless.........

I don't know the specific reasons as to why the richest districts are so, but the same trend holds for rural and urban communities as well*. More urbanized areas make more money, but are more liberal than their rural counterparts.

In the above case, it's not that Democratic tendencies caused richness or richness caused Democratic tendencies; it's that urbanization caused both. There may be a third variable causing both trends concerning the richest neighborhoods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spurious_relationship

However, it is true that, all other things held constant, an increasing income tends to correlate with increased Republican vote share. Short run interest and all that.

*Or, for that matter, red and blue states. Blue states tend to make more money than red states per capita, but still vote blue. Note that red and blue are opposite in America compared to most of Europe.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:50:14 pm by acker » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2012, 01:55:48 pm »

Read up on the organizational structure of the US niko, and why its internal divisions are called 'states' and not territories or provinces. The come back and tell me the US is a single 'country'

Hint: there is a reason its called United 'states' and not an actual distinctive name.
Oh of course I know that, but my point still stands. I get annoyed when people reefer to "Europe economy or any other (Insert subject here)" not seeming to realize how different some countries here can be from one another.

While the US does have independence between states, it's not on the level where you can and do have entirely different cultures and languages between countries. Something a lot of Americans (not saying you or anyone in this thread in particular) seem to not realize or at the very least address when they generalize Europe, that's what can get very annoying.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2012, 02:10:12 pm »

I don't think you know what the word country means, because USA is one whereas the European Union isn't.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc