Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 01:28:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Leig  (Read 5342 times)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« on: November 24, 2012, 08:13:25 am »

There's not much wrong about it but its armor type makes it kinda hard to use, This is more as all Tank or Anti-tank Projectiles hit it quite easily even at long range taking it down to really low HP so it can be taken out by small arms fire.
Also it cant be sniped by recon snipers as they aim for the gun instead of the crewmen.

Thats pretty much it.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:25:51 am »

The issue is that it always penetrates whatever it's aiming at (at least up to a Sherman) and is a crew manned, 60 range anti infantry, support weapon, and atg unit. At least units like the GMC can be caught and killed easily with handheld AT. The Leig can safely sit back behind mg and pak support and use it's barrage to effectively kill anything crew packed before that player moves up. It's a mini howitzer that has a shorter cooldown, can move, can shoot while left on it's own, that actually grants its crew green cover--I'd say it's fine as is, maybe a little too good at what it does. In that game on Forest, had you had a second Leig you would have wiped the floor with myself and niko in half the time it took you.

Though frankly, the root problem with Defensive is the Officer, which is way too good at what it does and offers buffs far outside the range of what other factions and units have available. It's a passive freaking Vet3 aura, that's insane in an EiR environment. Especially when Ludwig can eat two sherman shells to the face assuming he has medkits popped, and either kill or damage the sherman if he has a schreck.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 11:31:55 am »

The real problem is that Officers are just unstoppable gods that can kill shermans by themselves according to Volks...

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:32:11 am »

Agreed what you said volk that the leig is powerful but what you are saying that it can sit behind the line and kill is not true, first its range is around the same of an ATG so it needs to be behind a house or a scrub so it can work.
Another thing is that the projectile in the huge arc fire ability slows it so much down that if a player is atleast looking at the battlefield he can move his units away before it lands, but neither of those are the problems.

The problem is that Everything hits it, and even tough it can decrew atgs with ease ATGs are a lot more likely to actually hitting the leig before the leig decrews the atg meaning if a player is being harassed by a leig all he needs to do is to get a line of sight on the leig and fire at it with anything from Light AT to hellcats and hit it.

yes the leig is kinda powerful but keep in mind using the leig effectively you need micro or extreme luck as if you focus on the micro you need to use attack ground on every shot the leig does.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 01:49:51 pm »

The real problem is that Officers are just unstoppable gods that can kill shermans by themselves according to Volks...

if they have a shrek i would be scared

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 03:12:41 pm »

so its a powerful unit which has a weakness, the problem is?

oh and its quite cheap for what it does. It's cheaper than a nebel and far more effective.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 03:30:24 pm »

It's not cheaper than a nebel. It costs a lot of munitions.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 04:22:44 pm »

i think the leig is fine, i know what you mean about it being easy to hit with stuff, but how else are you supposed to kill it? It's an incredibly underused weapon, if it weren't for the botched bottle T4 I would use it all the time.

I haven't really used one with out an officer near it, but if you want it to be like an atg armor wise, i think it needs to be as slow as a pak, because it moves so quick even if you manage to flank it, it will move out of range quite easy.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 08:59:36 pm »

It's not cheaper than a nebel. It costs a lot of munitions.
But does it cost more fuel than a light vehicle?

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thingafter they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 10:59:02 pm »

But does it cost more fuel than a light vehicle?
http://youtu.be/5t-nWlQNefQ?t=1h40m51s
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:05:06 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 08:06:09 am »

Actually pony, you're just flat out wrong now...

400/35/100
vs.
360/120/0

What's cheaper?
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 08:35:41 am »

Nebel is cheaper, barely cost any munitions.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 08:58:52 am »

Nebel is cheaper, barely cost any munitions.
what.

400/35/100
vs.
360/120/0

That's because... *Deep breath...* IT COSTS EVEN MORE IN FUEL AND MUNITIONS COMBINED!
[Insert Rageface, but cant due to forum rules]

You've even got less of fuel, so technically fuel has a higher value per point than ammunition does. Even if one does value them the same the fuel+muni cost is higher and the manpower cost is also higher. Hell, the nebel even takes more pop.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:12:09 am by nikomas » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 09:29:50 am »

Fuel only gives the option to have vehicles, it does not add any direct benefit unlike munitions which affects how many upgrades you can have.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 09:37:53 am »

Fuel !only! gives the option to have vehicles, it does not add any direct benefit unlike munitions which affects how many upgrades you can have.
You mean, A Pzkpfw.IV (Almost the fuel cost of two nebelwerfers) does not hold any value as a trade off? Pony, please, think about it for a bit.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 10:25:23 am »

Leig is pretty weak  Cool

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc