Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:40:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goliath Targetting  (Read 7325 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: November 29, 2012, 01:20:53 pm »

I bring this up because I would like dev confirmation that this is something that needs to be fixed.

Many many units target pios rather than goliaths. right now we are calling for a nerf on goliath, but its hard to say how imbalanced it is when the main problem is them not being targeted.

This is equivalent to a us croc targeting say a marder rather than an mg team, it's just not right.

So can we have all US and CW units target goliaths above all other units? I see no threat that is ever bigger to a unit than a goliath, and i think everyone can agree on this.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 01:29:00 pm »

Why is this in the bug forum?

this kind of unit targeting is never a bug. always a feature.

we can also make tanks and infantry prioritize snipers over normal infantry. but we don't.
[edit] topic moved
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:03:54 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:57:03 pm »

its supposed to be like that

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 12:43:41 am »

cuz when goliaths rushes its cba for some ppls to target goliath, they want ez mode when PC does all work for them, they could just sit and watch, why bother with micro? better ask devs to "fix" game to make it easier to play...

most complains about goliaths comes from ppl with lack of micro speed, have not seen QQ about golis from good players tbh..

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:23 am »

thanks for calling me a good player Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:59:35 am »

thanks for calling me a good player Wink

tym you barely play and i havent seen you go against this goliath spam, please post replay of you going against it and winning.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 09:57:01 am »

tym you barely play and i havent seen you go against this goliath spam, please post replay of you going against it and winning.

and your point is? my brain still functions and last time i played with u and leo i outscored the both of you with a brand new coy i just put together right before the game.

So it seems Me not playing for 3 weeks > you

and goliath spam is goliath spam, nothings changed, i know the tactics to beat it, and the counters to use oh and how to manually target the goliath.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 09:59:56 am »

Manually targeting a Goliath is very hit and miss if it is moving at full speed.

Even then, if you click on it your vehicle will stop, this is kind of an issue when trying to kite it with say, a quad.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:51:09 pm »

I go against it a few times a day and beat it all the time.

It only works in unfair games (when anything will work) or against lazy/unprepared players.

In an even game vs intelligent players, it fails and it fails hard. Worse still, because it is such a lazy strategy it actually makes the people who use it worse. Shab's sniper micro, for example, has fallen to pieces ever since he began relying on goliaths.

I say leave Goliaths the way they are. If people want to unknowingly make themselves shittier players by relying on it, go for it. The rest of us can then enjoy getting easy wins off them now that the surprise and novelty is gone.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 01:32:54 pm »

yea wind is right, every game he loses is unfair teams, every game he wins its balanced teams, and yea he allways wins vs goliaths and his sniper micro is superior  Roll Eyes

and yea post some replays where he loses and dont agree with him choosing maps and we have hiden personal insults in his inteligent arogant posts so i ask for tank130 to take a deeper investigation here  Tongue
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 02:13:30 pm »

The rest of us can then enjoy getting easy wins off them now that the surprise and novelty is gone.

They can still be quite effective when used at a short distance coming out of ambush. Not much you can do then, but then it is a bit more then a giant mine.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 03:52:27 pm »

Goliaths are more useful when they're not spammed and activated in an optimal situation, spamming them you just tend to throw 'em around (in my experience in using the strategy both ways)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 03:54:09 pm »

yea wind is right, every game he loses is unfair teams, every game he wins its balanced teams,

Not likely. I've posted several losses as replays in the past few months because they were such good games.

Shitty argument denied.

yea he allways wins vs goliaths and his sniper micro is superior  Roll Eyes

I've won the last three games I've played against your fail goliath spam. And I've won them hard. In all of those games, you've failed to get so much as 7 kills with your sniper because you're too used to playing noobs and mindlessly throwing goliaths around. Your KT micro is just as bad lately.

Your goliath company fails whenever you play in a remotely even game. In those games you're snipers and tanks (especially your uber fail KT's) die with <10 kills because you don't have the abillity to micro them properly.

You need to get back to being a good player by playing strategies, and games, that challenge you. Instead you've gotten fat and lazy lately. I mean, don't take this as complaining: I love cleaning the floor with your fail goliath spam... but for your own sake, think about getting back to the player you used to be.

Goliaths are more useful when they're not spammed and activated in an optimal situation, spamming them you just tend to throw 'em around (in my experience in using the strategy both ways)

Tym is correct here.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »

Not likely. I've posted several losses as replays in the past few months because they were such good games.

Shitty argument denied.

I've won the last three games I've played against your fail goliath spam. And I've won them hard. In all of those games, you've failed to get so much as 7 kills with your sniper because you're too used to playing noobs and mindlessly throwing goliaths around. Your KT micro is just as bad lately.

Your goliath company fails whenever you play in a remotely even game. In those games you're snipers and tanks (especially your uber fail KT's) die with <10 kills because you don't have the abillity to micro them properly.

You need to get back to being a good player by playing strategies, and games, that challenge you. Instead you've gotten fat and lazy lately. I mean, don't take this as complaining: I love cleaning the floor with your fail goliath spam... but for your own sake, think about getting back to the player you used to be.

Tym is correct here.

post beating goliath replays pls.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 08:17:01 pm »

Tym is correct here.

wtf, u agreed with me? no arguments? no tym ur retarded...the world truly is ending!
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 09:42:34 am »

You still miss the point. Goliaths are more effective against some companies than others. Obviously it's easier to count them with Mark Target Jeeps, T17, Quads, Shermans and ATGs. But with Infantry heavy companies it's a completely different story. They are nigh impossible to target with Zooks or Bars and ATGs only hit 50% of the time. So let's say that he flanks in from behind? Then what do I do?

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 11:00:41 am »

I would like to see acc table vs goli's. When I played with them yesterday zooks where taking them out left and right.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 11:06:54 am »

i can only post my problem with goliaths.

It is very hard to click on the little guy when its coming full speed down a road, it is also very hard to move a quad and then click on it.

Also atgs miss quite often i have shot 3 atg shots at one and they all missed. single zooks are also pretty shitty  without TR so.

Im not saying its op or not im just posting my personal problems with them.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 12:57:12 pm »

wtf, u agreed with me? no arguments? no tym ur retarded...the world truly is ending!

You make a good argument, I'll agree with you. I don't hold logic hostage against the person who may happen to chance upon it.  Tongue
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »

Aero's got a problem with Goliaths moving full speed down roads?

You mean there's a problem with how they can be used to the maximum benefit?

On a road which confers a Rec. Accuracy modifier?

"Stop Whining"

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc