Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:24:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D_Day Amended  (Read 16861 times)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:29 am »

Myself, and the other mappers in the community want feed back from people who actually play the map.
We do not want feed back from some jackass who hasn't even played the map. We don't need feed back from people who are too lazy to play a map and think it can be accurately analyzed by a couple of haphazardly pics thrown on a forum.

Some people like a little review on what they post.
Sometimes I see people complain no1 bothers to comment.
If people send u a PM about me. Why shall I not share my view on their maps. Id imagine they would like it if they say such things about my mapping skill.
Its usually appreciated. I realise now you dont. Maybe the creators of the other maps I reviewed appreciate my thoughts.
Everyhing I posted was based on pics. I said clearly 'Im basing this on the pics' because, Ill explain it to you, pics only show you so much. Opening the map in WB or playing ingame can give other/extra insights. This disclaimer means I cant give my full conclusive opinion yet.
However when asked explanations of what I say I do not mind to share my thoughts.
Very narrowminded you call me a jackass for doing so.

When you are are open enough to admit that someone else on this planet his capable of creating a map equal or superior in design to your map, then your opinions can respected.
Right now you are coming across as an arrogant know it all who has mysteriously unlocked the secrets of mapping you and only you are capable of grasping.

That you feel this way is your problem. It started in YOUR head. I never said I was the only one to make a good map. Actually I often said my WB skills are not so special, Leo and Keeps are imo more skilled than me in WB. Something Ive said many times on vent.
I do not understand where you get these ideas from. I cant help you live in a fantasy world and start thinking such things about me. As there is no proof whatsoever me claiming this.

I went out of my way to make a point of not attacking your personally. I made a point of attacking the people who put you on a pedestal. They did that under the false pretense that you invented nueville and are a superior mapper for doing so.

You didnt understand where they were coming from. I tried to explain it to you. I also noticed you give me no credit at all. A narrowminded view.
Isnt that why you made the other topic to begin with?
Dont be mad I explain it to you.

But somehow after a lengthy holiday away from Eirr, you mysteriously reappear 2 days after your map comes into question. You pop up on the forums and start to preach Skaffatology and shooting down anything that is comparable to Nueville. You sir, have become self absorbed in the false pretense that you are somehow the best at mapping.

Haha. These are your words. You wont find me saying such things as 'im the best at mapping' anywhere. These ideas you have of me live in YOUR head and are not based on anything. If you actually knew me you might think differently.

Where have I preached Skaffatology as you call it? And shooting down anything comparable to Neuville?
Another thing you make up. Maybe look around first and see my reviews on Gorks or Eagles maps. I applaud their effort, which follow the same design as Neuville/skaffatology.

The rest of us, well we are just humble servants that do not deserve any recognition for our work, or for what we have achieved. It is not possible for us less than adequate people to create a map that shall appear in the same room as the great mapper god - Skaffa.

Not sure why you direct this at me. Apparantly it were other people saying this. Nowhere did I say this. So ye, whats your point? Plus I never said no1 else couldnt make a good map. Another little fairytail you came up with.
Funny you talk about not deserving any recognition. Its actually YOU who dont give me any recognition. I tried to enlighten you but you are pardon my trench, just to dumb to understand it.
foresttrench1.jpg

Here is the big difference between you an I Skaffa. As map lead, I went out of my way to get the other mappers noticed, I went out of my way to bring attention to their maps and to get them exposure. I subjected myself to insult and attacks by suggesting a forced play option. I did whatever I had to do to get them recognized.

You took the position, sat on your ass and self proclaimed yourself - Skaffa the map god.

Haha. O great curlyhead!

What I did as maplead was put MCgrenswar in the list, ready to be put in. It was said to be put in in a few days with a patch. Patch never came, map never came. The map was waiting and waiting.

Then you got the ability to upload maps. A nice tool.
What a coincidence that you just finished your own map.
What do I see? Instead of uploading the long awaited, reviewed map MCgrens.. you uploaded your own map instead. Very good job. Real pro maplead material.

The lack of informing me thru PM that I was no longer map lead is also bad manner. I mentioned this in my previous post. Maybe it hit a spot and you had to write your big angry post.

But in your post there is not even a reply on the matter.
Instead you say I 'need to be open enough to admit ...'. Thats kinda funny isnt it.. very good self reflection!

I never proclaimed myself the pro map god. Never posted that, never said so.
But you keep up the good work oh great map lead!

PS We can do this as long as you want. Just dont lock the topic without giving me a fair opportunity to reply.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:04:33 am by skaffa » Logged

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 10:12:14 am »

i think we are done here tbh. Everyone can post his opinion but not walls of text no one reads.

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 10:18:59 am »

OK..... it's all in my head........whatever floats your boat.......

Then you got the ability to upload maps. A nice tool.
What a coincidence that you just finished your own map.
What do I see? Instead of uploading the long awaited, reviewed map MCgrens.. you uploaded your own map instead. Very good job. Real pro maplead material.

No coincidence at all. Nothing untoward or hidden with that at all. I created a mpa, wanted it uploaded.

I speak with Eirrmod often, so in vent I said hey, how can we get these guys set up to do map updates without having to wait for a patch.
He said they (meaning Skaffa) would need access (It think it is called SVN, but don't quote me on that). Eirrmod can't set anyone up on it because he does not know the correct procedure, but he has allowed me to access it using his username and password.

Now this is where things become a little personal. Eirrmod essentially has my credit card number, so he trusts me with his user name and password. Nothing secretive, coincidental or untoward. Just a guy saying - hey, you have been on the dev team for over two years, you gave me your credit card number, we have built a friendship and trust, so I see no problem giving you my password and username.

.......So I have access to do map uploads, Nothing secretive, coincidental or untoward. I just fucking asked for it.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 10:19:18 am »

As posted here:
Here's the scoop.

I am just getting my little screwed up world builder issue corrected. The I will attempt my first try at uploading maps. I will try with one of mine so as not to fuck up one of yours....

So, when you see an update on the launcher for Adaire or D-Day, you will know I figured it out. Once that happens, I am going to start a new thread for everyone to post their maps into for upload.

Until then.... add some more cool features to your map.

There is a very logical reason for the order I did things in. As it turned out, my first attempt did fail and I broke the launcher. I then figured out how to fix it. The next day, the other maps went in.

Nothing secretive, coincidental or untoward, just a logical approach.

You were unable to upload maps, but you were not limited to that. What efforts did you make at map lead to generate enthusiasm and thought towards new maps or upgrading others. How many threads did you create about other maps? How many pics did you post.

You did absolutely nothing as map lead, so please do not act all butt hurt that you are not that guy anymore.....

As a matter of fact, there is nothing stopping anyone from taking on the work that I have done. I will gladly label anyone willing to take on the work load as maplead. I will gladly commit to loading the maps and someone can take on the rest.

Show us what a leader is all about Skaffa. Prove me and my decision wrong.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2013, 10:25:36 am »

tank is right in this way. he said he wanted to try it out first with his own map to see if it works.

and now u (skaffa) appear and claim bullshit without even knowing the circumstances? Its not fair to talk this way with tank man, he is doing ur job and also brings new wind in mapping. Could u pls shut up now with ur offenses? thx
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2013, 10:30:42 am »

i think we are done here tbh. Everyone can post his opinion but not walls of text no one reads.
tank is right in this way. he said he wanted to try it out first with his own map to see if it works.
and now u (skaffa) appear and claim bullshit without even knowing the circumstances? Its not fair to talk this way with tank man, he is doing ur job and also brings new wind in mapping. Could u pls shut up now with ur offenses? thx

Before meddling in it might be wise to read those long walls of text. thx
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2013, 10:32:13 am »

I think we are truly done here.

We are of differing opinions. The community has enough information to form their own opinions now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc