Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 12:45:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SimCity  (Read 33319 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 09:23:12 pm »

Also i bet that Hearts of Iron has 100x more going on under the hood then Sim City

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 09:26:43 pm »

i hate to rain on your parade there spartan, but tig is right...sort of....her wording is wrong, the servers were overfull for a little while, some people were unable to play due to traffic, some were, you guys got lucky. That is all

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »

i hate to rain on your parade there spartan, but tig is right...sort of....her wording is wrong, the servers were overfull for a little while, some people were unable to play due to traffic, some were, you guys got lucky. That is all

Read rifle for the love of intelligence. She said you can't play at all while servers are down, like in D3. Which is wrong. The servers did have some issues, and still do however unlike D3 the servers going down doesn't kick you from the game.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 11:13:25 pm »

So don't be a slimy gymbag and get your panties in a bunch just when i say something wrong, i have no idea that you have played it and had that exact issue, or i can go on is information from all the sources i have seen (and those sources had issues like the ones i described before).

I just personally get annoyed at people who try to sound knowledgeable without having tried it themselves, opinions are fine, but when you try to say it as fact it can give others the wrong idea and then things start becoming 'fact'. 

Like Belgium being a country, we all know it doesn't exist, but because people keep quoting Wikipedia  and stupid trolls who say they were born there you start getting people who actually believe that it really exists.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 12:18:23 am »

Well you do get a full working game, it's more like buying extra's for the car (like a satnav) than buying a car without steering. Plus, DLC does mean that the lifespan of the game is longer. Just the thing i hate is how expensive the DLC is for something so small.
Not quite.

Its a bit more like I have a big lurking henchman standing behind me every time I try to use the car, and if hes in a bad mood, I cant drive anywhere.  If I want extras (some actually critical to the game) like airbags, spare tire or heavens forbid a gastank, I need to pay.

I agree that DLC can extend the life of a game, however thats what expansion packs are for.
Say in 10 years time, their servers are down - my 'car' has just been rendered useless.

Well they want it to run on the crappiest of computers too. The thing is, even on a PC which has all the best or second best runs the game at 30fps, and tanks it at 18fps if you fully zoom in (on high graphics, even though the textures are blurry). None of the simulation is doing that (cos the server does that), it's the graphics of all the tiny little people walking around. Now imagine what it would be with the simulation on top of that where it's simulating everyone's place (a new business won't work until someone is hired, and they then drive to the building, and then walk inside). It's a really awesome simulation system, and would probably work fine on high end PC's once all the drivers are optimized; however, for now, it's pretty tanky. (oh and the simulation on servers isn't perfect either, sometimes it will just teleport things when it is taking too long to work something out and would mess things up if it didn't just teleport it. Bus waiting times would be longer than they should. This is on server run things as well, so if they aren't perfect, then an average PC would fail).

Btw, i don't really believe their claims, but from seeing how the game runs, i can't fully deny it. Though i do believe that if drivers are optimal then it would be fine to run from a PC.

I main guess is just that EA want to stop piracy, and make more money.
The amount of data that would be required to send back and forth to a server seems like a poor tradeoff for letting the CPU do the work.  Given that you can still play in offline mode (or whatever someone said earlier here) - that the server does not in fact calculate ANYTHING related to major gameplay - just the store and multiplayer aspects etc.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 04:40:31 am »

Anyone that bought this game is a corporate whore just like me.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 05:14:58 am »

Pretty infuriating the industry hasn't learnt anything from the Diablo 3 fiasco, quite the contrary it seems. I'm not buying Simcity for now, it's also ridiculously expensive and I absolutely hate origin.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 09:23:19 am »

Pretty infuriating the industry hasn't learnt anything from the Diablo 3 fiasco, quite the contrary it seems.

It never will, the amount of arguments i had with people like PQ who tried to justify the heavy hand of companies like World of Tanks, which in ways are worse then EA, Or the Blizzard fanboys is quite astonishing. Returning back to EIRRMOD's analogy, the car industry has the Lemonaid book, and other people who would shred and deny a car from sales if it tried releasing a half finished product or a poor one.

Sim City isn't in the same league as D3, the DRM isn't nearly as bad in the form that you aren't immediately kicked off. The biggest issue is the consumers however. The lemonaid and many other concerned industry parties were set up by consumers who wanted regulation.

Our generation tends to say, "nothing we do or say will make any difference" and whine on forums, even though the opposite has only been proven over and over again. Regulating game quality would be simple to get done, but no one feels inclined to bother.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 10:17:07 am »

Pretty infuriating the industry hasn't learnt anything from the Diablo 3 fiasco, quite the contrary it seems. I'm not buying Simcity for now, it's also ridiculously expensive and I absolutely hate origin.

Diablo 3 failed because of bad gameplay at high levels, not because of always online DRM....

If you don't have a constant connection these days then too bad.

Going back to EIRRMods car analogy, it's more similar to if you bought a car, and it's all there, but if you don't get fuel for it doesn't go, and if you want that body kit or after market mod you have to pay for it.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 11:36:23 am »

It's a great analogy especially the part about fuel as cheaper, better and more effeciant alternatives have always existed but supposed by tactics such as murder threats strong arming, bribery and just out right buying out propietary technology and businesses combined with misinformation such as limitations on electric mileage or speed. Most of that was done in the past but a similar pattern exists in the gaming industry.  So while I accept always on drm it's up to us to make sure such strong arm tactics such as alwaysa on drm and charging full price for a game you don't own
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 12:49:35 pm »

If you don't have a constant connection these days then too bad.

Yea because D3's launch was such a huge success? Some people couldn't log in for a while day, and they had waiting to join server queues for weeks after launch. Same thing with Simcity now by the looks of it, people already have to queue up to be able to play a game. THAT is infuriating. If you're going to force online play, at least sort your fucking servers.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 06:38:08 pm »

Yea because D3's launch was such a huge success? Some people couldn't log in for a while day, and they had waiting to join server queues for weeks after launch. Same thing with Simcity now by the looks of it, people already have to queue up to be able to play a game. THAT is infuriating. If you're going to force online play, at least sort your fucking servers.

So it's pretty much like any other MMOG? Wow, shocking.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 08:19:31 pm »

So it's pretty much like any other MMOG? Wow, shocking.
In the last year ive been in a line to login only once.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:12 pm »

Its fine to like a game but trying to defend and justify a bad system makes you a moron. Unlike most mmog's sim city has no real reason to be online only
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 10:33:52 pm »

Their DRM is 'always connected' so people can buy the extra buildings etc.  Which is bullshit for a gmae that you pay full price for, and then pay MORE for extras.

EA are publishing this game. Their payment model is full price for the game and then the same price for the DLC that you have to buy if you want access to 90% of the servers.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 10:49:03 pm »

It all comes down to the ancient philosophy of
If you build it they will come.

There a far too many "sheep" consumers who will buy anything that is presented to them.
EA exploits this perfectly

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 11:26:04 pm »

i forsee them NOT patching this issue out but rather offering a premeium service for people who wish to pay for guaranteed server acess
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 11:38:18 pm »

i forsee them NOT patching this issue out but rather offering a premeium service for people who wish to pay for guaranteed server acess

Nah

They'll just offer a Day 0 DLC pack for that for only $15 and your soul.

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 07:47:49 am »

Many people requesting refunds have had their Origin accounts banned

lol
never gonna touch a new EA game ever again.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 09:08:16 am »

Yeah, if you dispute it with them, or try to get the refund another way (e.g through a credit card company) they ban you.
Misinformation, the only way that would come up is if you threaten to forcibly take your money back using a chargeback, or whatever that is called. It's common practice to and steam would ban you for the exact same thing for a very long time.

They have NOT banned people for simply asking for refunds, even the conversation with support that was put up that started this stated exactly this and even that kiddo got his money back in the end.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc