Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 12:56:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comet  (Read 12795 times)
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 12:58:12 am »

Oh you guys, you know lovers spat during the holidays^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 01:50:05 am »

Oh you guys, you know lovers spat during the holidays^^
I have a lot of respect for wind, and the way he taught me to play EIR.

I would equate it to having both your arms broken and thrown in the deepend, and then being told swim.

I feel as tho I'm a better person for it.

On a side note, wind any news on the balance team withdrawing the nerf toavres

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 04:58:37 am »

On a side note, wind any news on the balance team withdrawing the nerf toavres

Asks Wind if the AVRE is being changed by the BT when the BT Lead is posting in the thread.

lol.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 05:08:50 am »

And now this thread is a Q&A session!

What we are going to do with the AVRE... Is not to be made public knowledge until it's in the patch and there's nothing you can do about it!

Or, I can just tell ya'll that we're removing timer reductions from vet, giving it a base -15 second reduction (120 - 105) then changing doctrine for a further -15 seconds at T3 and another -15 at T4 for a total of 75 seconds recharge consistently. Vet affecting recharge time was removed due to it becoming lulzy fast on recharge and not having to rely on keeping one alive for it to become consistently useful.

But that really would be telling.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 05:21:38 am »

inb4 wind explains how the AVRE needs to wipe anything it hits of the face of the earth, and that the BT is retarded.

(What? It's a pretty safe bet)

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:37 am »

inb4 wind explains how the AVRE needs to wipe anything it hits of the face of the earth, and that the BT is retarded.

(What? It's a pretty safe bet)
Only seems fair the avre should so long as goliaths are in the game and overly capable of doing the same thing.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 05:41:39 am »

Comparing a single use disposable explosive with a constant explosive spewing unit.

Hm.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 05:58:58 am »

u gotta love those guys.. troling Wind with "RGD" knowledge despite a fact that Wind is way way better player in game and i bet its 10/10 times Wind woulda beat any of you despite of your knowledge about statistics.

ofc knowing stats is important thing but troll eirr veteran like that is kinda low level and dat uber angry happyness showed here..  just saying

back on topic: comets dont need any buffs, i have tried them in all factions and they are great as it is now Wink

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 07:05:24 am »

Keep in on track and knock it off with the personal stuff guys......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:03 am »

The Comet is awesome, and is sick with a vetted CCT on it <3

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 08:53:24 am »

u gotta love those guys.. troling Wind with "RGD" knowledge despite a fact that Wind is way way better player in game and i bet its 10/10 times Wind woulda beat any of you despite of your knowledge about statistics.

..and you know What? Nobody cares.
I''m not despiting the fact that Wind might be better then a lot of people here but in the end it doesn't make the statistics wrong.

9th Armoured Engineers
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 12:21:15 pm »

I''m not despiting the fact that Wind might be better then a lot of people here but in the end it doesn't make the statistics wrong.

The only thing I've said in this thread is that the Comet is epic (which it is) and no one has brought up any RGD statistics to dispute that. There isn't even an argument about it. No one is crazy enough to try and argue it isn't awesome. XII saying he wishes it were faster is the closest anyone has come.

Hell, Hicks actually used the weapon/armour/health info to help demonstrate why the Comet.

As for for the Avre, I've done the same thing the other small handful of actually good players in the mod have done: stopped caring. The fact that the Avre has all but vanished from the game (2 active players have used one in the past few weeks) right now speaks for itself. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who knows actual good players who are active are going to know more about what makes a nerf/buff completely stupid than a clueless buffoon like PQ or an incredibly incompetent and useless player like Alpha who couldn't play in a high-skill game of EiR and not get stomped into oblivion to save her life.

So we've stopped caring. My strategy is to just wait it out and hope Hicks (who actually seems to know his shit) will be able to turn balance practices back into the land of common sense. I'd personally wish he'd start by kicking off some of the useless clowns who have no business being involved in EiR balance... but that's just me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:24:27 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 12:52:23 pm »

Well Wind, if you look back a page you'll see that I've actually stated what we are doing with the AVRE.

Also, if you feel there are particularly pressing issues that need addressing... Raise them. I'll listen. If the statistics agree with your experience then it'll be looked at in short order.

Make it constructive and to the point. Bullet point it if you have to - I know how you love your tales of old and can wander with your explanations.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 01:43:19 pm »

Hicks I'm playing the waiting game with the AVRE to see how you handle it. I think in general you being the BT lead is the first ray of hope that dark chapter of EiR has had in a long time. Hopefully that turns out to hold true six months from now.

In terms of the AVRE, yes I know you've listed the changes you're planning on an earlier page.

Do I think it's enough to give it reload reductions via doctrine (and a -15s base reduction)? No. I think the starting point of any AVRE rescue effort should start with undoing the incompetent changes of PQ's reign of terror that drove it to extinction... but I'll wait until your change comes into play and see what happens. I balance on actual experience and in-game stats first so I'm gonna withhold any conclusions until the meta game has a chance to judge the new AVRE for a few weeks.

It's a great unit so I'm hoping your changes are all that are needed to get people using and enjoying the unit again even if at this point I'm sceptical they will.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:46:42 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 01:53:23 pm »

I have to admit, this "Wind being positive to somebody he doesn't usually see eye-to-eye with" routine is somewhat unnerving. But it works.

My proposal for you stands though Wind. Feel free to make a point of that which seems like a current and pressing issue (Not just the AVRE) - With the amount of stuff we've been sifting through it'd be an easy matter to overlook something which should be obvious.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 02:24:19 pm »

You really need to stop on the PQ hating, it's not his fault that doctrine patches have taken forever. I'm sure that at the same time as re-balancing the base AVRE he put a bunch of good builds into the RE doctrine for it, but due to issues with a certain someone they never came to light. The biggest change we will see to it will probably come from his doctrine rework, and not Hicks' changes (though due to the time of release people will think it was Hicks').

We all know this to be true as the Infantry doctrine rework was released months ago, yet was not followed by any other rework cos they are all probably in the coding backlog.

Alpha the biggest problem with pq and half the BT was that they were "balancing"  units without actually being active players and testing said changes.

That's the main gripe towards the old BT.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 02:45:30 pm »

Alpha the biggest problem with pq and half the BT was that they were "balancing"  units without actually being active players and testing said changes.

That's the main gripe towards the old BT.

First off XII I commend your attempt here but she's not going to get it. If by this point she's somehow decided in her imaginary world that I said PQ's BT was an epic bad joke because "patches took a long time" there's no reason to hope she's going to take the time to read anything else properly either. It's especially ironic because, from day one, I've argued that all balance ideas should undergo thorough and rigorous testing... something which would dramatically slow down changes but ensure any changes were intelligent.

But I will "yes, and" what you wrote and elaborate a bit further as well because.

It's also because they were making changes and then, when pressed to explain why they made said changes, scrambled to invent contradictory, bizarre and outright ridiculous explanations for why they did what they did. Eg. PQ's infamous "design principles" argument that basically cracked everyone up.

If you have  BT comprised mostly of inactive (or semi-active) players who also happen to be among some of the least competent players in the mod... lead by a mostly inactive and poor player... AND you don't actually test proposed changes in an actual in-game environment... you're going to have a bad time in a mod this small.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:53:53 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 03:02:36 pm »

Wind, I know you're deriving untold buckets of personal enjoyment from your little...

Fuck it.

Give me something useful and stop feeding the hormone bag lol. You don't get to hint at having other balance related things to say and then go pick a fight with somebody else. -.-'
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 03:15:59 pm »

Do I think it's enough to give it reload reductions via doctrine (and a -15s base reduction)? No. I think the starting point of any AVRE rescue effort should start with undoing the incompetent changes of PQ's reign of terror that drove it to extinction... but I'll wait until your change comes into play and see what happens. I balance on actual experience and in-game stats first so I'm gonna withhold any conclusions until the meta game has a chance to judge the new AVRE for a few weeks.

It's a great unit so I'm hoping your changes are all that are needed to get people using and enjoying the unit again even if at this point I'm sceptical they will.

To clarify a little bit, I think the nerf aspects of PQ's infamously banal AVRE tinkering patch should be undone (namely the nerf to the AOE damage at certain rangers) while small buffs should be kept. It made absolutely no sense that a unit that was already barely used and which was in sore need of a buff got taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back... arbitrarily.

The reasons are explained in detail in the thread where he got grilled about it and basically revealed the only reason the BT made them was "...well...because...balance lead?". Any change that fucks with a unit that is already pretty much extinct had better have a lot more thinking, justification and careful testing behind it than that nonsense.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 03:18:36 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 07:26:22 pm »

Let me clear this up for the long winded morons in the crowd.

The members of the current Balance team are the exact same people that were in it when PQ was lead. I should also mention that PQ is also still very active in the balance forums.

Every single decision made by the balance team is approved by the Senior development team before it is passed to the coders to get implemented. Let me make this perfectly clear - Eirrmod, the main dude of this mod, approves every decision made by the BT.

So knock it off with your childish, grandstanding, insulting remarks of members of our Dev team. If you are unhappy with a decision, feel free to post why you are unhappy.

We will not tolerate the personal insults any more. Personal attacks on our Dev members will result in a 30 day ban from the forums and the launcher.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc