Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 07:34:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coh 2 Preorder Beta  (Read 63734 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 04:59:51 pm »

DOW2 clone, I think ill be playing coh 1 for many years to come, the graphics just feel more alive, despite being 6 years old

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 05:08:45 pm »

DOW2 clone, I think ill be playing coh 1 for many years to come, the graphics just feel more alive, despite being 6 years old

?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 06:20:12 pm »

Ill admit, I dont like the way all the vehicles have the "hetzer rumble". Every tank looks as if it's idling really rough and cartoonish.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 07:15:34 pm »

Wait, can people who pre ordered from places other than Steam or Orgin get into the beta?

yes
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 07:23:15 pm »

After a few matches of alpha and beta, I must bash on few things.
The UI is horrid and the voice acting is unimpressive.   The game overall, feels clunky and disorganized.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 08:34:20 pm »

Idk, it just doesn't feel like COH.

The deep snow and blizzard mechanics are about as interesting for gameplay as rivers. Deep snow restrict where you can go and blizzards keep you from moving for more than one minute. I hope I don't have to explain why that's a bad thing in a fast pace game where seconds matter more than anything for things like the victory point timer. It's not more micromanagement, it's pure limitation.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2013, 08:34:28 pm »

Had the alpha, beta is activated for me now. Downloading now, we'll see if they've fixed anything since.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2013, 09:32:20 pm »

I wasn't excited about the trailer when I saw it, and after finally playing the beta, I'm saddened.  There are sprinkles of awesome mixed into what is a game that does not stay true to it's roots.  The blizzard condition meta that was added is atrocious and adds nothing to the core of the game.  Hopefully it's an option for multiplayer.

The biggest bonus seems to be the net code.  Games play so much smoother (or seem to anyway, based on my 5 game sample size). 

I'm on the fence about getting it despite knowing I won't have much time to play it.  I just want Relic to continue making games despite THQ going under.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2013, 09:52:53 pm »

Deep snow restrict where you can go and blizzards keep you from moving for more than one minute.

Players who don't know how to attack/defend during blizzards lose. Halftracks don't suffer from the cold debuff, and pop units into cover for resistance, its very easy to move.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:21:20 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 04:59:26 am »

I too am having difficulties adapting to vCOH gameplay, once you've gotten used to EIR it seems impossible to properly appreciate vCOH again.

Without going into details (NDA) I think it's safe to say the game plays and looks a lot like vCOH. I'm a little skeptical about the blizzard conditions myself, I honestly don't expect it to make it into automatched gameplay, at least not at its current frequency. For EIR 2 I think blizzards and cold will be an amazing mechanic though. It will add a whole new dimension to attack and defend and the way people build companies. Also I agree the UI could definitely use some more improving.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:01:43 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 05:05:41 am »

Unkn0wn, are you sure there is an NDA?  They were giving away Steam keys on Facebook like they were candy yesterday which is where I got mine and although I didn't read everything I don't recall seeing the NDA.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 05:10:23 am »

Yes, though it's a bit weird indeed. A closed beta on this scale is going to be hard to keep secret.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/community-news-feed/topics/Company-of-Heroes-2-Closed-Beta-Live

As a reminder anyone participating in the Closed Beta is under a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).  Sharing information, images or footage of Company of Heroes 2 is not allowed.  Anyone breaking the NDA will be removed from the Beta and may face further legal action.

Though I'm sure we can discuss mechanics that they already disclosed, like the blizzard system
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:12:17 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 05:37:19 am »

Yeh weather effects shouldn't be covered by the NDA.
They were advertised on a broad scale as a new feature.

I'm sure the NDA would focus more on units, build structure, maps and gameplay.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 07:11:19 am »

I can say this... I played 5 games last night and I got annihilated in each one... Granted I haven't played an RTS since I can't even remember, and EIR was the last one I played... 
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 07:53:31 am »

Played a bunch of games with Spartan, Lionel and Overlord yesterday.

While they were fun... overall it wasn't the kind of fun that I can see lasting. First off the level of abillity in the CoH2 community right now made every game except for one a complete walk through the park... and you'd think the keeners would be playing now. Also I just can't see this game being enjoyable for any extended period of time (more than a few days) without some very clever mods in its future. The maps all seem relatively tiny and you essentially just end up fighting over the same 2 or 3 screen-sized areas on each one. There's just no point pushing further at any given time.

There are also just too many easy units and cartoonish game features. A t-34 can ram an elephant and damage it's engine and destroy its gun instantly. What the hell is that? As russians all my ATG's and light AT vehicles can shoot a few rounds of very accurate artillery ridiculously often.

You can just spam 2-3 of them and rarely do infantry or support weapons ever pose any problem to you. Keep in mind these are your cheap AT units.

Blizzards as noted above seem like they might be a smart idea, but really they aren't implemented well.

Also there just seems to be no elegance in the game even compared to vCOH. There's really no point to use a combined force or any real level of tactics because pretty much everything has some ridiculous ability that lets it do anything it needs to do against any target.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:50:03 am by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 08:25:13 am »

My experience is strictly limited to the alpha unfortunately. But I liked what I played then. I've got though numerous sequels of games and I always feel like 'the previous one was more fleshed out' I think it's just a feeling of comparing something you've intimately know for 6 years with fresh meat.

As far as vCoH2 goes, it isn't the EiR gameplay and that's certainly different, but I found the players in 1v1 last time who just sat still during a blizzard got rolled even harder by me, in no way did weather slow me down(it's a metaphor), in fact it paralyzed my enemies and I won games much quicker.

The few inhouse matches we played in the alpha were a lot of fun and challenging.

I won't get a chance to play this beta but I imagine everyone will swap to coh2 regardless just because it's new and will get future support. Either way I plan on getting it because I'll enjoy it.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 08:28:42 am »

Care with the NDA... I've seen one taken out of beta
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 09:22:09 am »

Played a bunch of games with Spartan, Lionel and Overlord yesterday.

While they were fun... overall it wasn't the kind of fun that I can see lasting. First off the level of abillity in the CoH2 community right now made every game except for one a complete walk through the park... and you'd think the keeners would be playing now. Also I just can't see this game being enjoyable for any extended period of time (more than a few days) without some very clever mods in its future. The maps all seem relatively tiny and you essentially just end up fighting over the same 2 or 3 screen-sized areas on each one. There's just no point pushing further at any given time.

There are also just too many easy units and cartoonish game features. A t-34 can ram an elephant and damage it's engine and destroy its gun instantly. What the hell is that? As russians all my ATG's and light AT vehicles can shoot a few rounds of very accurate artillery ridiculously often.

You can just spam 2-3 of them and rarely do infantry or support weapons ever pose any problem to you. Keep in mind these are your cheap AT units.

Blizzards as noted above seem like they might be a smart idea, but really they aren't implemented well.

Also there just seems to be no elegance in the game even compared to vCOH. There's really no point to use a combined force or any real level of tactics because pretty much everything has some ridiculous ability that lets it do anything it needs to do against any target.

thats how i felt as i played dow2. It was so limited in the quality/amount of strategies and tactics that i got bored of the same fuckn gameplay strats very fast. Well sounds like coh2 will be the same, better graphics (okay i have to test if it really is better) but a lose of depth in gameplay and strategy.

I gonna test the game on friday and gonna focus on these points, but all these comments i already heard are making me scared and sad Sad

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 10:01:57 am »

I won't get a chance to play this beta

Alpha accounts were activated for the beta burn.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 10:23:24 am »

Alpha accounts were activated for the beta burn.

I don't think thats the reason he can't play

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc