Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:06:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From: PE | To: EIRR  (Read 43779 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2013, 09:11:23 am »

At least PE get Fucking grenades, CW get rifle nades, and umm rifle nades .

There about as useful as socks for a double amputee

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2013, 09:15:48 am »

I think OMG is an inferior mod overall but that doesn't logically mean that it can't have one or two individual features that perhaps work better.

Their supply system is an example. EiR is a tremendous mod that's way ahead in most everything, but their supply system infinitely better than our pool system in my opinion.

I find the idea of the pool system has merit, but it's a bit too limiting on creativity. In its defense though, a lot of players don't like spam and would probably complain alot if it wasn't. Personally though I like the idea of companies and counter companies but that's definitely not a majority opinion.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2013, 09:21:22 am »

I think OMG is an inferior mod overall but that doesn't logically mean that it can't have one or two individual features that perhaps work better.

Their supply system is an example. EiR is a tremendous mod that's way ahead in most everything, but their supply system infinitely better than our pool system in my opinion.

I totally agree. The team has talked about it often.

The issue with the supply system is that we can't just copy paste it into EiR:R. Everything would have to be rebalanced accordingly. Not saying it couldn't be done, but it would be a massive overhaul that will never see the light of day in EiR:R

EiR2 on the other hand...... Something we have discussed but not finalized.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2013, 09:36:17 am »

Of course there are backdraws to their system, for one iirc you're only allowed one sniper or tiger or (insert heavy unit) per company if you want to talk about limiting company builds.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2013, 09:43:05 am »

We never loath at looking to OMG. I don't think you can take one little piece of their mod and throw it into ours with out adjusting everything else it is connected to.

I have a question though - if their systems are so much better, why is everyone over here playing and their mod is basically over? I find it very difficult to look to a dead mod for inspiration for one that is doing reasonably well.

I am not bashing OMG, I am questioning your inspiration source?

Well I enjoy our mod much more as whole, the player base, the doctrines(even though I complain about them a little), and the warmap are all great.  I realize you can't just drop in their resource system without cascading effects.   I think their supply system has some merit though.  The idea of getting x amount of units per y amount of games is something that can limit spam while encouraging persistence by costing you if you lose your units more than just losing vet.  However, the drawback is that in an end-war situation, you will end up with people simply resetting their companies in order to resupply their units.  OMG uses the resource cache system as an offset to this, giving you more resources to build a company with that has played a certain amount of games, but I don't see how that can be worked in with the warmap, so it there would have to be another factor encouraging people to maintain companies to avoid the encouragement of repeated wipings to avoid limits on spam/hunting/trolling companies.

Oh, and I played OMG for a few days before EIR made the switch to Steam most recently.  I've played it randomly here and there off and on occasionally for a few days at a time over the years.  Not nearly as often as EIR though.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2013, 11:11:25 am »

EIR used to use the OMG supply system, before there was an OMG and they were still part of the EIR community.

It's an ok idea, but it doesn't work out well due to the inherently higher survivability of Infantry and Support units. Basically, we had people dropping AB RR's or suicide rushing high availability units to kill low availability units, just because it could prevent a player from playing their company for a few games.

However, you COULD tie this into the Market system, and allow people to buy regular units from a shop with set gold prices. 50 Gold a Tiger? 20 Gold per Sniper? Something like that might allow you to limit spam if the players economy can't keep up. Also makes reward units that may not be amazing more useful as a stop gap or free filler. Which of course means we can fix things like the Pz II and M5a1 HT...

EDIT: To clarify, I'm only saying you pay gold if you want to buy something outside of it's regular availability schedule.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:29:40 am by AmPM » Logged

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2013, 11:26:12 am »

I'm certainly not saying its a perfect solution.  But I'm trying to find something that will please the no-pool crowd and the no-spam crowd.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2013, 01:49:01 pm »

I'm certainly not saying its a perfect solution.  But I'm trying to find something that will please the no-pool crowd and the no-spam crowd.

I truly hope you can, because we have been trying for years and still make some people unhappy  Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2013, 02:00:04 pm »

Tough part is finding ways to allow spam and at the same time cause it to make the company less adaptable.

I'm not sure if its the design of companies that are at fault or that the maps we a play are all basically the same formula that doesn't challenge people to play in different ways.
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2013, 08:40:58 pm »

It's not about the difficulty, it's an inherently flawed and broken design that causes balance issues. Panzer Elite have infantry and lightly armored vehicles, an officer would fall under the infantry and not vehicle category. It's just like with their grenades, how are they supposed to compete with other factions when their grenades cannot kill infantry or support weapons?

PE nades are about denying cover and getting shit to move. You have to play it differently.  its just a different flavor of pussy, but its still pussy so its ok by me

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2013, 03:21:03 am »

PE nades are about denying cover and getting shit to move.

But that's just utility, regular grenades force units to move AND kill them. It would be like adding a sniper that can't kill infantry but instead moves them a little, how can that be considered as useful as a regular sniper? As a matter of fact the design behind the incendiary grenades in vCOH was that they were supposed to be really weak utility grenades because they were available at the very start of the game. But in EIR it makes no sense, why should they have deliberately weaker grenades?

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2013, 04:03:32 am »

But that's just utility, regular grenades force units to move AND kill them. It would be like adding a sniper that can't kill infantry but instead moves them a little, how can that be considered as useful as a regular sniper? As a matter of fact the design behind the incendiary grenades in vCOH was that they were supposed to be really weak utility grenades because they were available at the very start of the game. But in EIR it makes no sense, why should they have deliberately weaker grenades?
single greatest utility available, most inf battles come down to cover.
PE infs ability to negate it is second to none.

your whole sniper rant is moot because its no were near the comparison between pineapples, stick and incendiary nades .
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2013, 04:31:32 am »

i happen to prefer incendiary nades personally, but what the hell do I know.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2013, 05:02:20 am »

Giving the permanent critical back to the latht? +1

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2013, 05:52:07 am »

single greatest utility available, most inf battles come down to cover.
PE infs ability to negate it is second to none.

It only forces the enemy to move out of cover temporarily, which is the exact same way a regular grenade works except a regular grenade can kill units that are too slow to move. The damage on impact and DPS of the incendiary grenade is so low that you can stand in fire for a minute before you lose a single soldier. It's quite possibly the worst upgrade in the game.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2013, 06:03:43 am »

Inc grenades burn for what 30 seconds ?
Regular nades give you like 3 seconds to react.

3 seconds out of cover or 30 ? Hmm you tell me which is better.

That's more then long enough to give you the edge in any combat situation .

Not too mention the added dps.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc