Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:22:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 4  (Read 9090 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 04:12:56 am »

and idiots are throwing money at EA while having foam in their mouth and arguing which is better CoD or BF series in a kiddy nerdrage where they compete who bedded one another's mother.

If EA released modding tool for frostbite 2 engine. You'd see a whole new light shining at the base game which was a pretty big crap with sprinkles.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 09:59:46 am »

Oh yeah, 'new features'  Roll Eyes, take out features the old games had then reintroduce then as novel additions in a sequel. The only 'new' thing here is destructable buildings but even that is something many shooters contemplated in the past and decided against for gameplay reasons

Guess most battlefield players suffer from some sort of amnesia

Oh sure, "new features"

Oh wait, its the old features brought back from BF 2 and 2142, ones that i really liked.  I have yet to be disappointed in a Battlefield game, other then the Bad Company series, so I personally still have faith in the series.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 11:44:16 am »

To each his own I guess, I was a huge fan all the way up to Bc2, but I kinda stopped being interested when they started recycling the same shit over and over, cod-ified progress with truckloads of unlocks and shamelessly killed modding
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 12:01:45 am »

To each his own I guess, I was a huge fan all the way up to Bc2, but I kinda stopped being interested when they started recycling the same shit over and over, cod-ified progress with truckloads of unlocks and shamelessly killed modding

I agree with the Neverneverland man. The whole Modern FPS is more or less chest height walls cover based shooting, regenerating health, fast paced action with massive quanities of military hardware which only few lucky sods have had access in real life. Really now, regenerating health...running around holding sprint and releasing sprint only to fire one magful at the enemy until it dies to rinse and repeat. Adding vehicles to it is like adding sprinkles to a big turd. Yet people are foaming "CANT WAIT TO PAY 60 EUROS FOR A MASSIVE DLC PATCH FOR BF3!1!1!" whilst arguing which is better. CoD or BF.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 12:39:49 am »

I still don't understand why any cod game has sniper rifles and lmgs.
Not a single stage is big enough or has good enough sight lines to use then effectively.

I will say that the bf series has remained relatively realisitc, plus it has vehicle's that you can actually use, as opposed to being some sort of whack a mole reward.

I'm nervoiusly anticipating bf 4

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
IJustDontCare Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 09:31:18 am »

Haven't posted on these forums for awhile, but my biggest concern is the price tag. Do you think it will really be worth paying 60$ plus 50$ for premium for the DLC in the future? I mean for fuck sake $110 for a game right off the bat.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 10:39:23 am »

I agree with the Neverneverland man. The whole Modern FPS is more or less chest height walls cover based shooting, regenerating health, fast paced action with massive quanities of military hardware which only few lucky sods have had access in real life. Really now, regenerating health...running around holding sprint and releasing sprint only to fire one magful at the enemy until it dies to rinse and repeat. Adding vehicles to it is like adding sprinkles to a big turd. Yet people are foaming "CANT WAIT TO PAY 60 EUROS FOR A MASSIVE DLC PATCH FOR BF3!1!1!" whilst arguing which is better. CoD or BF.

Without weapon unlocks and customization it would get really boring really fast.

Regenerating health is silly, but it's better than having to rely on pub teams to have medics or like in old school FPS run around to find a health pack spawn. It's the best solution to most problems.

The equipment, at least in BF3, wasn't all that out there. I'm not sure about other countries, but I've at least had familiarzation with most of the addon's to an M4, and in the US at least, a lot of those optics and attachments are perfectly legal to own (the base weapons on the other hand are more controlled depending on state). Outside of the explosives it is all pretty standard.

$110 is a lot to pay to start, but if it's a game I really want to be part of I don't mind it. I put down $125 so far Kickstarting Star Citizen and plan to up my deal to the $250 package.

Hell, I've sunk more than that into DOTA2
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:41:22 am by AmPM » Logged

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 10:50:34 am »

It's just that with the new DLC cultur, regular games have become like the F2P:s, but with all their drawbacks and none of the advantages.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 10:54:35 am »

It's just that with the new DLC cultur, regular games have become like the F2P:s, but with all their drawbacks and none of the advantages.

We used to call them Expansion Packs. Which is all they are. You don't need them to play, the game is complete as is, other than that they have stuff ready to add much faster than they used too.

You could easily say the same thing about CoH with the expansions they released.

Hell, DOOM, the original had expansions.

Things haven't changed, just the wording and how we view it. It used be seen as optional to own the expansion/DLC. Now we feel we must have it.

For BF4 specifically, it's not a game that I must have, or really care much about. I will pick it up after a few months when the price drops.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 12:31:39 pm »

We used to call them Expansion Packs.

Yep, AMPM is right, DLCs are just retermed Expansion Packs, with some of them being just as useless as certain expansion packs were.

However its often a 'buzzword' and rallyingpoint for failsters around the net. There is nothing wrong with them per say, some can even be good adding a fair amount of content for their price. (considering DLCs can now come in a variety of prices and sizes it can be a good thing)

This in a way can be a good alternative over the old 30$ expansion.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:35:53 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »

On the other hand, the general content value compared to price isn't really the same when comparing the old to DLC's. In general two 15£ dlc's would not match up to a 30£ Expansion of ye olde.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 06:16:54 pm »

Entirely depends on the expansions and the DLC.

Some are worth it, some are not.

Tales of Valor was crap for instance, so was Soulstorm for DOW. Some DLC is fantastic, like for Skyrim. Some is just terrible.

The value of DLC/Expansions isn't in the quantity of the things it gives you, but the improvement in gameplay those things provide.

Pretty much the whole industry is just pushing shitty simplified crap at us.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc