Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 12:17:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for a coder !  (Read 6339 times)
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« on: August 30, 2013, 02:24:57 pm »

Our mod group is searching for a coder, which can make things like :

- battlereport system
- system to get XP points of a unit / player (transfering exp from battle to battle)
- system to distribute XP to a unit when it gets called in
- make a connection between game and the database (sql)

We're in finishing phase, but we're stuck here. If you can make some scars and you want to join our group PM me Smiley
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:28:29 pm by GrayWolf » Logged

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »

What kind of a mod is this?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 04:29:01 pm »

Sounds like an eir knock Off

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:50:51 pm »

What kind of a mod is this?

me, Graywolf, GORKHALI and ick321 creating a mod where axis finally will be OP as fuck, Gork will be adding map errday alldays, we gonna call it EEIR:R (EastEuropeInRuins:Rules). Just PMed LeoPhone, Smokaz and skaffa aww shit our mod will be cooler than yours, umad now?

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 12:37:43 am »

me, Graywolf, GORKHALI and ick321 creating a mod where axis finally will be OP as fuck, Gork will be adding map errday alldays, we gonna call it EEIR:R (EastEuropeInRuins:Rules). Just PMed LeoPhone, Smokaz and skaffa aww shit our mod will be cooler than yours, umad now?

Somehow, you're right...

It will be totally different than EiR/OMG mod. For example : Base building system.

If you want to be part of the CoH:C development team (he he he), PM me.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:37:37 am by GrayWolf » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 04:20:25 am »

You can have EIRRMOD! Oops

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 06:45:13 am »

Try looking for smurfs old butt buddy, he was looking for one too to iplement the old eir mod/balance.
Offerd to help him as I know a little in scar but didn't hear anything from him after that.
Think it was crono or something.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 05:09:23 am »

yeah shab is right.

Its a persistency mod with basebuilding. The Core of it is that you individualize your offmaps, develop your company, gather reward heros and Build your own tank.

Well you start like Vcoh. Play your first match (maybe win it) and level up - you go to your doktrin screen.
here you can invest it into 1 of 7 abilities. First point is to unlock that ability. Each further point (up to 3) goes into a variant of it.
The maximum lvl you can get is 14. Either you specialize on 3 abilities and develop them to the end. OR you choose diversity 7 abilities on lvl 2. Niche VS variety.

For each battle you have a chance to earn a reward unit called hero - there is a whole list about them.
These units lvl up like you know it from eirr - and they die like in eirr. Maximum heros you can lead to battle is 2.

When you create your company you also choose a heavy tank: Like a Tiger, Pershing, churchill, Jagdtiger, Priest .....
The Crew also lvls up improving accuracy, damage etc.
Also you gain modification points every 2 lvls with which you are able to make the heavy tank to YOUR heavy tank. For example: you can buy smoke canister or HE canister, or you can switch the Treads of your tank receiving less crits.....

There is also the ideas of gizmos: kind of passive doctrin abilities - however they are not thought to an end.
The original idea also included new tank tables forcing the players to act carefully with their rolling steel.
What defnitly is going to be in is an anti blob system - you remember the mob bonus from vcoh? Works the same way but increases received accuracy and damage.

To summerize it:
-individual doctrines
-Lots of heros/reward units
-your own tank
-choose your own buffs

The entire mod is about decisionmaking - the doctrine alternatives are so cool you want both, just like the stuff from the tank workshop you want all upgrades - but you cant, you have to make a decision.
And with each battle you see your company growing and it becomes more and more your company. just like the old eirr

What we have:
- is a system that downloads stuff from a database - THX to xeo
- the concept
- the terror doc is coded and will be testes the next days
- guy making the website for us
- if no players arroung play vs ai (50% less XP)

Heres the concept:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AncgcJ_NSxU8dHJLOTVSR1R6ZGpTM2lHcEpDX1duUlE#gid=8

PS: all choises will be made in a weblauncher
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:24:32 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 08:59:38 am »

You are making a mod for a 7 year old game?

Other then that hiccup, I wish you the best of luck, sincerely.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 09:14:27 am »

Do you know, how many players are actualy playing CoH ? More than CoH 2, hehe ;p
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 10:02:49 am »

You really still know nothing about the game industry, Tank. Its nearly shocking.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 10:03:54 am »

The modding community is still very small. Only Eastern Front and Blitzkrieg mod have a playerbase large enough to find multiplayer games.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 10:04:56 am »

like!    

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 10:35:29 am »

thx tank,

these ideas are arround in my chaotic head for long, but i simply couldnt realize it. But Xeo taught me how to modify the rgd's and he also wrote  a scar script, which let you spawn units which you haven choosen before the match in a database.

So he layed the technical base for this mod. Now i am having a chance to make these concepts come true. Luckly i found supporters like Gaywolf, who support these ideas and to make our mod.

kind regards ick
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 10:42:24 am »

The modding community is still very small. Only Eastern Front and Blitzkrieg mod have a playerbase large enough to find multiplayer games.

Wasn't referring to COH in general, more to Tanks comment about 7 year games and modding
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 01:55:55 pm »

You really still know nothing about the game industry, Tank. Its nearly shocking.

You are shocked that a 40 year old business man, who only plays one computer game, has a limited knowledge of the game industry? I find your comment more shocking TBH.

My point is, Creating yet another mod for an old game that just came out with a sequel appears to be a lost cause. However, I also gave them encouragement because I know they have a tough road ahead of them.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 05:25:54 pm »

I dunno tank, sequals arent always better just look at DOW2
I can play like 4 hours of Dow1 without getting bored, im lucky to enjoy 15 mins on Dow2
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 08:42:11 am »

I dunno tank, sequals arent always better just look at DOW2
I can play like 4 hours of Dow1 without getting bored, im lucky to enjoy 15 mins on Dow2

The funny thing is :

CoH 2 have the same problem  Grin
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 09:13:36 am »

I think CoH2 sucks compared to CoH1 as well. I just don't know if that means creating a new mod for CoH1 is a good idea or not.

Meh, either way, you should have fun doing it and the experience can be used in other places as well. Good for you guys!
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 10:10:02 am »

I think CoH2 sucks compared to CoH1 as well. I just don't know if that means creating a new mod for CoH1 is a good idea or not.

Meh, either way, you should have fun doing it and the experience can be used in other places as well. Good for you guys!

Thank you very much !  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc