Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 06:32:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CoH 2 Modding?  (Read 10477 times)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 09:57:24 pm »

I was fine with the game itself, but the way modding has been treated and the atrocious DLC plan has made me regret it to... sigh

Don't get me wrong, most games aren't easy to mod and I wont raise a stink about it but the way the devs went around and pretty much assured that they care about the modding community and next to promising the best support they could do, then turn around and basically slap everyone in the face after the game was out has been... rather ugly.

tldr as I said before, I'm glad they ain't making no HW3, they'd fuck it up anyway I'm sure.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 01:19:57 am »

They do support modding. Why would they release the world builder if they didn't?

They just want to make sure that when Modding is more accessible they avoid hacking and other assorted stuff.

They are adding World Builder, working on a observer function, added replay functionality and modding support.

CoH1 didn't have mod tools.

There are also mods out there for COH2 currently, they just don;t seek to do what we want to. Jumping down relics throat over something that may or may not be coming is highly unfair. You don't ask an employer for your yearly salary upfront and besides, how many games have day 0 mod tools?

if everyone just cools down it'll be fine. God forbid you've got to wait close to a year for your EiR fix.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 07:48:23 am »

Im sure that the COH2 devs have every intention of supporting mods, but for Sega to allow it to happen, they're going to need to be shown the money, otherwise it's all speculation.

They probably would want to control it more than anything. Like many people pointed out, -dev mode allows you to by pass locks on DLC content, which is lost revenue for SEGA. I never thought that they would let such a big hole be exploited in the first place. They probably want to do proper mod tools.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 09:38:13 am »

Im sure that the COH2 devs have every intention of supporting mods, but for Sega to allow it to happen, they're going to need to be shown the money, otherwise it's all speculation.

They probably would want to control it more than anything. Like many people pointed out, -dev mode allows you to by pass locks on DLC content, which is lost revenue for SEGA. I never thought that they would let such a big hole be exploited in the first place. They probably want to do proper mod tools.
See, I'm not all up on blaming SEGA because the TW games have seeming no problems supporting mods and even providing proper mod tools by the devs themselves, something I might remind you that Relic has never done. I am pretty damned sure this is a Relic thing, not sega. It's clear as day they planned to go with this DLC heavy plan back in the THQ days, even before SEGA took over and might I remind you that DoW2 was a bitch to mod to?

No, either the higher ups in Relic straight up lied to the devs or the community people were making promises based on their own hopes, either way it's their fault and fucked up.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 04:34:00 pm »

Oh look RTW has DLC and modding?! Still can't be relics greedy fault

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 05:00:00 pm »

Im going to say its gearboxes fault just because!

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 05:01:17 pm »

They do support modding. Why would they release the world builder if they didn't?
Because they're not charging for maps, so people making free maps have no effect on their bottom line, making custom units/custom doctrines would. Might I remnid you the new commanders they sell for several bucks a piece is something any competent RGD guy could have whipped up in... Well, doubt it'd take more than an hour. 5 man mp40 grenadier squad? Osttruppen doctrine, bah.

They just want to make sure that when Modding is more accessible they avoid hacking and other assorted stuff.
I've seen zero proof that that closing the loops they did would make it harder to cheat, if not they would probably have done the same for CoH1 given the fact that, I dunno, they had the exact same loopholes there from day one?

They are adding World Builder, working on a observer function, added replay functionality and modding support.
They've been saying that for over a year that they support modding and all that stuff (they were reassuring people they supported modding way before launch) and they've still got little to nothing to show for it.

CoH1 didn't have mod tools.
CoH1 didn't actively close loopholes that made modding possible either, they had a neutral stance to it at worst.

There are also mods out there for COH2 currently, they just don;t seek to do what we want to. Jumping down relics throat over something that may or may not be coming is highly unfair. You don't ask an employer for your yearly salary upfront and besides, how many games have day 0 mod tools?
While most games dont have day 0 mod tools most do not go out of their way to fight ways to mod stuff either. Besides, this more like an employer withholding a salary as, you know, they made some pretty clear promises on this LONG ago.

As for the fact that there are mods out for it? So far, I've only seen cheatmod.

I don't want to sound pissed or anything, but I seriously don't see why you're defending relic like this. Even worse is I don't see why you guys want to blame SEGA when RTW2 had steam workshop support within the launch month.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:10:13 pm by nikomas » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 05:09:48 pm »

Relic gave us mod tools for dawn of war 1 saga.
that kept it alive long after its zenith.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 10:43:00 am »

Shouldnt there be a patch today?

chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 10:52:31 am »

baine intressierts?

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 10:56:14 am »

Iam proud my mom didn`t  dump me in the gutter. I support everything  lol
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 12:48:08 pm »

LOL dat cheffy is fucking epic  Grin

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2013, 11:43:41 am »

http://www.coh2.org/guides/10929/how-to-create-your-first-coh2-mod

CoH 2 Modding guide

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 11:48:55 am »

Time to buy coh2 lol
calbanes Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 12:10:57 pm »

Time to buy coh2 lol

You just lost a 33% off in Company of Heroes 2... Tongue
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 12:16:25 pm »

You just lost a 33% off in Company of Heroes 2... Tongue

while EIRR2 wil be out price will be low lol so its ok np
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 01:10:28 pm »

EIR2 will be released when COH3 is out.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 01:55:24 pm »

He posted pic in eir related discussion 1 week ban.

Not sure if funny or very sad truth :|

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2013, 02:04:14 pm »

Not sure if funny or very sad truth :|

Both.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 10:08:18 pm »

What this means is we can edit the RGD side of things, that's been possible for a little while now but I'm not sure it allows custom scar code and the like, the stuff we need to get EiR server based stuff running.

But hey, one can hope!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc