Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:31:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Launcher 0.9 C, D and E proposed changes / Enhancements  (Read 4359 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: December 09, 2013, 06:57:54 pm »

Here I will list the potential changes for the next few patches.

In no particular order:

Commander Advantages
Temporary Resource, Pool and XP bonus cards, slottable in the Advantages page.
These will be 1-5 games worth of bonuses, of variable amounts.
There will be 'level' restricitons, and these levels will be attained by warmap card use (on the warmap) and battles.

Battle Advantages
One-off use cards, slottable in the RTS phase of a battle.
These will fall into one of three categories:
- Intelligence
Recon run type 'offmaps' and the like.

- Support
Arty style offmaps, and utility abilities.

- Reinforcements
Temporary units that do not stay in the company, limited use - restricted by pop only (As they come from cards, rather than your built company)

All of these cards will be scaled in power, with 'Rare' 'Legendary' being an equivilant in power to a normal offmap, scaled down from there.  Thus, commons will be more plentiful, but limited in usefulness.
We will attempt to make sure these 'offmaps' and the like stand out from normal abilities, with a different type of smoke etc (so you cant 'fake' a normal ability drop).

Warmap End game
The warmap will automatically end the war when one side hits the VP cap, AND is over the enemies VP amount by a significant amount (Like advantage in tennis), and at that point, the warmap will no longer be in effect.

When this happens, a 'End of war' type screen will be selectable from the warmap page, and show details like 'Best Axis player' and other tidbits.  This will stay this way for 50 'battles' worth of games (1 per player limit in game, 3 for a 3v3 for example) - and after that point, a 'wipe' will occur.

For these wipes, companies will lose all vet, and 'Commander' xp (when implemented) - but you will keep all gold and cards.

As an extention, I *may* code in an option to keep one unit as a carry over to the next war, but I believe this has some serious balance issues, and is very difficult to code (so, dont hold your breath).

Thats it really, there is no timeframe for these additions, and I will not give any out - Ive let you guys down too much in the past, so when I patch - you'll know =)

Regards
EIRRMod & the Dev Team!

Edit: Based off legendaries, not rares, oops.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:09:31 pm by EIRRMod » Logged

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
M1d Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 07:09:20 pm »

Cant wait!  Cool

As an extention, I *may* code in an option to keep one unit as a carry over to the next war, but I believe this has some serious balance issues, and is very difficult to code (so, dont hold your breath).

I don't really see the point as it will more than likely end up as everyones vet 5 Elefant etc..  Roll Eyes
New War.. New Wipe!

Everythin else sounds epic tho.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:10:47 pm »

I don't really see the point as it will more than likely end up as everyones vet 5 Elefant etc..  Roll Eyes
New War.. New Wipe!
Yeah, exactly - thats my problem with it too.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 07:24:27 pm »

Just careful with wipe, you don't Ctrl+delete everything.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:41:01 pm »

Just careful with wipe, you don't Ctrl+delete everything.
Shift-Delete?

CTRL-Delete does nothing afaik
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 08:12:29 pm »

Like the ideas!

Just don't like the carry over thing, everyone will just bring their Maus.

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 10:44:27 pm »

Like the ideas!

nah bro minesweepers ftw

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 11:00:23 pm »

nah bro minesweepers ftw

vet 5 minesweepers with V1's then? yes plz
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 07:18:58 am »

Warmap End game
The warmap will automatically end the war when one side hits the VP cap, AND is over the enemies VP amount by a significant amount (Like advantage in tennis), and at that point, the warmap will no longer be in effect.

But then it will still be like ww1 with no territorial changes. The side that captures berlin/paris should win. You should increase the amount of defence points that attacks reduce so that it's possible to capture and afterwards defend sectors with a coordinated push and then eventually onwards to berlin/paris.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:25:37 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 08:59:18 am »

Like the ideas!

The idea for carrying a unit over is either it's  restricted to vanilla doctrine units, or doctrinal units(which you'd still have to unlock to field) even if reward units factored into it, you'd still have to play a card for it to prevent start of the war Maus and stuff. Additionally, at some point restrictions will be in place for when stuff gets accessed.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 10:13:06 am »

just keep it to 1 squad of infantry. marine or elitegrens
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 10:18:49 am »

tbh a non reward doctrine unit would be fine.

(Mah vet 5 panzer Sad)

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 01:30:41 pm »

So no changes to pool system, except the cards?

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 02:27:06 pm »

But then it will still be like ww1 with no territorial changes. The side that captures berlin/paris should win. You should increase the amount of defence points that attacks reduce so that it's possible to capture and afterwards defend sectors with a coordinated push and then eventually onwards to berlin/paris.
The VP amount required to win is 5000 VPs.
You gain a VERY large amount of VPs for capturing the main VP points, and also the movable 'war theatres' too.

As for 'increasing the defence points taken via attacks' - thats what the cards are for.
Reduce that Defence Modifier down to 50% and all attacks are doing DOUBLE their normal attack amount.
Use cards to remove the Defence points themselves etc.
The cards are buffed to be more useful, OP in my eyes, but noone was using them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc