Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:42:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: this is the chance  (Read 16092 times)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 08:13:42 am »

So when was the last ban? Anyway, this is stupid, sorry for derailing

i got banned tbh

whenever im banned the forum dies, ufeelme

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 06:00:36 pm »

i got banned tbh

whenever im banned the forum dies, ufeelme

Forum is still alive. Not like the game though :/

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 04:34:41 am »

Forum is still alive. Not like the game though :/
Forum is just dust and echo's.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 03:50:30 pm »

Much like an old ladies twinkle cave

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 04:40:59 pm »

Much like an old ladies twinkle cave

Well with you here you can fix that in a Instant.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 06:05:36 am »

Lube me up Scotty! Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 09:25:40 am »

EIRR community is gone, mostly. They outgrew EIRR. To get EIRR going you need a new community and that is not easy to get. Which means no community, no players aka no activity. The chances of EIRR reviving are very very low. It is an old game after all. The safest bet would of been EIRR2 with CoH2 since CoH2 is still fairly active one which would give fresh blood- alas ain't happening yet. I wasn't the person who came to this conclusion of course, but I do agree with it.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 01:06:24 pm »

Man, its hard to belive i was 16 when i first played EIR, Trough all the people ive met while playing here and all the people ive pissed off.
Its been an honour playing with most of the guys, I really do hope that che and the crew will be able to kick some new life into this Dustbucket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymz_wJ6RydI
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 05:43:54 pm »

EiRR Needs publicity, but it needs to be more user-friendly and stream lined. Nothing in the gameplay mechanics, but in the workings of the website and launcher themselves, as getting from seeing EiRR to building your first company is irritating at best, a complete pain in the arse at worst - Even with tutorial videos everywhere.

Publicity is a simple thing to do these days, but it'd be pointless if anybody who came along didn't stay due to the unfriendly mechanical workings of EiRR.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2014, 08:32:34 pm »

Publicity is a simple thing to do these days, but it'd be pointless if anybody who came along didn't stay due to the unfriendly mechanical workings of EiRR.

Yup, I have been saying that for the last 4 years. The core mechanics of the mod is fucked in regards to accessibility. The mod was first created for a group of friends, then grew. No one took the time at the start to make it user friendly, so the longer it went and the more it grew, the less it became fixable.

That is why we have chosen to create Eir2. One of the key components we are working on is accessibility. Our focus is all about the core mechanics and simplicity of use. Once that is all in place, then we will focus on game play & balance.

It's why we are also considering a new forum / Website . Something that keeps everything connected.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2014, 05:59:17 am »

Who will join then? Who will replace the lost members of a community? The old very doubtfully comes back in strong numbers. Who'd be obliged to join a game community- a game that is already quite a old piece of work. No matter how much PR it'll be, I don't think it'll ripe the waves enough to matter, no matter the content. Sure better user interface works, easily understandable and accessable system is a good core mechanic. Unless Lucifer strikes a deal with Steam for PR- few youtube videos and updated mod page wont help.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 09:30:07 am »

All that tells me is you clearly don't know how publicity works or how to get something out there, lol.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 11:41:45 am »

I don't think our intent was ever to have 10K people playing our mod..... We would certainly love it, but it's not going to happen.

A couple hundred would be awesome and something I would like to shoot for.
vCoH and CoH2 are still immensely popular and the release of CoH2 has brought the entire franchise back to life. Certainly not to it's former glory, but nothing to sneeze at either.

If we can get Eir2 out in a reasonable time frame, then we will be able to ride the wave of new marketing. But that said, EiR and EiR:R became very popular with nothing more than some You Tube videos and some MOdB pages.

We lost more players than we gained simply because it is a cluster fuck to get this mod going. If we fix that we have the potential to retain a larger crowd.

The old very doubtfully comes back in strong numbers. Who'd be obliged to join a game community- a game that is already quite a old piece of work.

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but why wouldn't they come back? If the core mechanics are better and the balance is better, and the game play is better (doctrine design for example) wouldn't the players that used to love the game want to come back?

Hell, OMG has been dead for almost 2 years, but one patch brought it back to life.....lol

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 01:21:24 pm »

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but why wouldn't they come back? If the core mechanics are better and the balance is better, and the game play is better (doctrine design for example) wouldn't the players that used to love the game want to come back?

They have grown older, most with jobs, some with kids, some with other responsibilities. They don't have time anymore. There might be people with time who might join, but that might just be a fraction of total population.
Dauntless07 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 02:42:18 pm »

How sad, I was looking to find someone to play, and I found this. The launcher is simply deserted. I'll admit, I didn't play the mod actively once the initial awe wore off. The reason is games took more than an hour to set up; making sure teams were balanced, everyone was done with diner, everyone had proper settings, etc. All of that got very frustrating to me to be waiting rather than playing, especially when there are thriving communities on newer games that make matchmaking a non-issue. Then, of course, there's school and work. I don't think I could play consistently now even though I want to.

I hear some of the old community is hanging around OMG mod while EIRR is in suspension, so I've been downloading the launcher files for the past few hours to hopefully find some there. Very sad it's come to this; but the mod and game in general does seem to be dying. I haven't had any luck recruiting my friends to play such an old game, they are simply uninterested. I know beneath it all EIRR is such a great game; it would be a shame for all that to die, but I don't know what to do.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2014, 07:17:02 am »

They have grown older, most with jobs, some with kids, some with other responsibilities. They don't have time anymore. There might be people with time who might join, but that might just be a fraction of total population.

OR WE MOVED TO OMG MOD BECAUSE THIS MOD IS FREAKING DEAD.
I cannot read this bullshit anymore guise. Make this mod alive again (patches, maybe some new units?) and people will come back. Or make EiR2 in short time (few months).
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2014, 07:27:43 am »

Yeah this is pretty much full of shit.

Age, jobs, kids, responsibilities... People had those and played anyway. Problem is the mod not the people for the moment.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2014, 07:40:23 am »

Yes, the problem is the mod, not the people

Edit:

Hmmmm, I gotta re think that a wee bit. The hostile community is the people. The dead mod is the mod's fault.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2014, 08:14:14 am »

the community isnt hostile. without a reason so.

even OMG mod has hostile people alot actually. the fact that they force to be on the damn teamspeak to play i think is the big slayer for that mod.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2014, 09:06:49 am »

Hmmmm, I gotta re think that a wee bit. The hostile community is the people. The dead mod is the mod's fault.

Yeah, what I said should be taken in the context of "Why new people don't stick around, and why oldies have buggered off".

Old problems are still present that could have been fixed long ago leads to Oldies losing interest. On the other hand, the shoddy interface/registration/ui-friendliness leads to new players not taking a look because of it, and those few that do think balls to this, with a few rare exceptions.

Anybody who has the patience to sit through the circus act of getting the mod working and getting used to it are usually patient or stubborn enough to shrug off our rather toxic community - Not that it's an excuse for people on here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc