Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:26:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR:R 2 and EIRR:R steam  (Read 11016 times)
akosi Offline
EIR Regular

« on: July 21, 2015, 12:05:36 pm »

hi guys

I saw the greenlight page on EiR and want to ask will it be ever in steam?
Also saw some topic about EiRR2 is it real?

akosi
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:01:22 pm »

think they want to do coh2.

sega are giving better modding tools(so i hear)

I would say possibly but i would think it would be another year or two or five.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 10:03:36 pm »

Getting this mod a steam page would be pretty cool, especially with the eventual new doctrine work coming up. How would we get that set up?

(just make baine's video the teaser XD)

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 06:42:23 am »

We discussed it and felt it better not to promote the mod until the new docs are done and working.

Bringing people to the mod now is sort of like advertising a bad situation with only talk of a better.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 07:49:15 am »

We discussed it and felt it better not to promote the mod until the new docs are done and working.

It's all cool, but we don't know for how much the actual hype on "steam coh mods" will continue. The faster the better, right?
Tbh, if people join now, it won't matter, cause the mod is already finished (just a bit bugged) and it would be better if they join now, because some things will be unbalanced and need fixing after applying doctrines, which can make mod less enjoyable.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 10:17:15 pm »

It actually amazes me how ill informed and out to lunch young people can be about marketing.

Marketing 101:
 - You will never get a second chance to make a first impression.
 - Never market your material until it is ready to market.

GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 11:21:20 pm »

Don;t be funny tank.

1. If you post it on steam in 6 months for example, no one will bat an eye. People now only look on steam, because a lot of mods are posted on. Your theory of marketing is good, old and simple, but on the internet (steam) it's different. Wait 3 months and people will forget that you can use steam to dl the mod, lol

2. Say what you want, but the product IS ready, lol. Tbh I personaly don't know how much time adding all the 12 docs will take (and then balancing them and fixing them, which is already a problem just with AB), but I just want more people to enjoy the mod.

- You will never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Doctrine rework won't change the impression. Some people will like more the new, than the older, so it's not a really good argument. Good impression means community and atm people are playing and the more you gather, the more will come (Lemming train effect - basicly it's easier to run sth, than start sth).

Tank please, I'm not marketing expert, but marketing isn't rocket science. You should stop with these "young people", because if you don't know what "Aspartylglucosaminuria" is, does it mean, that all the "old" people don't know that?
I've done my reaserch (Blue Ocean strategy, Mcdonaldization of society - these are books I've read recently about market and sociolgy). You just hurt my pride a bit here, I also want to open a company in the future, so I HAVE to learn about marketing and psycholgy.

Ofc, I do agree with you
, I just simply think the product is ready and the impression won't be changed by how much u change doctrines (community matters). I also might be wrong on the steam expiration date. Maybe people will start using steam, instead of moddb, that would be even reasonable.

That was a long post. Thanks for reading Cheesy
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 03:36:19 am »

Don;t be funny tank.

1. If you post it on steam in 6 months for example, no one will bat an eye. People now only look on steam, because a lot of mods are posted on. Your theory of marketing is good, old and simple, but on the internet (steam) it's different. Wait 3 months and people will forget that you can use steam to dl the mod, lol

2. Say what you want, but the product IS ready, lol. Tbh I personaly don't know how much time adding all the 12 docs will take (and then balancing them and fixing them, which is already a problem just with AB), but I just want more people to enjoy the mod.

Doctrine rework won't change the impression. Some people will like more the new, than the older, so it's not a really good argument. Good impression means community and atm people are playing and the more you gather, the more will come (Lemming train effect - basicly it's easier to run sth, than start sth).

Tank please, I'm not marketing expert, but marketing isn't rocket science. You should stop with these "young people", because if you don't know what "Aspartylglucosaminuria" is, does it mean, that all the "old" people don't know that?
I've done my reaserch (Blue Ocean strategy, Mcdonaldization of society - these are books I've read recently about market and sociolgy). You just hurt my pride a bit here, I also want to open a company in the future, so I HAVE to learn about marketing and psycholgy.

Ofc, I do agree with you
, I just simply think the product is ready and the impression won't be changed by how much u change doctrines (community matters). I also might be wrong on the steam expiration date. Maybe people will start using steam, instead of moddb, that would be even reasonable.

That was a long post. Thanks for reading Cheesy

+1

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
akosi Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 04:44:10 am »

yes
If Korp doesnot stream it, i didnot even know about this mod. Who check the moddb nowadays?
If the mod is in steam, people play it, elso not really.

Off: seems there are lots of topic i cant reply. So i ask here,

what is the point of the warmap? You just sit back and get bonuses that is all, but capturing etc is seems worthless since you dont get anything + for it.

Also is there a way to see all the reward unit in the game, and the reasons that you get a reward card for? Like winning battle etc...?

(sorry, i am new)
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 05:14:15 am »

Off: seems there are lots of topic i cant reply. So i ask here,

what is the point of the warmap? You just sit back and get bonuses that is all, but capturing etc is seems worthless since you dont get anything + for it.

Also is there a way to see all the reward unit in the game, and the reasons that you get a reward card for? Like winning battle etc...?

(sorry, i am new)

Warmap wasn't fully developed and probably won't (this is EiRRmods child).

You can sell reward cards on the market, not units you already have deployed in battle.

Also, it would be better if you create a topic if you want to ask for something. You can also ask people in launcher. Smiley
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 06:03:57 am »

i dont think the Mod DB has been updated in a long time. i sent tank a message involving upcoming PR so hold yer horses kids.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 06:26:17 am »

Bolt the deal is that, you shouldn't update moddb, but post this mod on the greenlight on steam, which is better advertising method atm. Smiley

We all know EIR's moddb is way too outdated Tongue
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 07:32:51 am »

Your are right. Obviously your success and experience is much more effective than mine......
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 08:15:29 am »

No, I said, that you shouldn't feel like you know everything about marketing just because you have a company of your own.

We're talking about the mod, that needs players, not whole campaign of developing EiR.inc and its product. If you want to be some marketing tactican for EiR, then okay, you can wait months for patches and fixes until your product is shining as fuck, but I don't know if there will be still people intrested in it. That's what I'm trying to say.

This's my point of view, I don't really care if you're some big fish, I have my own knowledge, that I'm sharing with people. It only depends on you if you accept my opinion or not.

EDIT:

Just to make sure, I do agree on your success and what's more I admire you for being able to develop a working company, which isn't as easy as said. I don't know if it's big or not, but being a CEO is a very heavy duty no matter the size. Like I said, I also want to open my own bussines in the future, so I to look up to people like you, when I think about it.

I sound rude, but come on tank, that's just a mod. Smiley A simple sign "please come here" might be a good idea, since a lot of people are coming back.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:26:17 am by GrayWolf » Logged
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 01:56:43 pm »

Yes Tank130 ur right. First impression is very important thing. But we all know EIR:R don't have enough man power resources to make this mod go on pro level. When i have tried EIR:R for the first time it was broken as fuck, only few people online, 15+ games were total stomps but still i liked idea of this mod which still keeps me here. So why don't give a shot and try sell idea of this mod instead of finished product?

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 06:58:33 pm »

No, I said, that you shouldn't feel like you know everything about marketing just because you have a company of your own.

We're talking about the mod, that needs players, not whole campaign of developing EiR.inc and its product. If you want to be some marketing tactican for EiR, then okay, you can wait months for patches and fixes until your product is shining as fuck, but I don't know if there will be still people intrested in it. That's what I'm trying to say.

This's my point of view, I don't really care if you're some big fish, I have my own knowledge, that I'm sharing with people. It only depends on you if you accept my opinion or not.

EDIT:

Just to make sure, I do agree on your success and what's more I admire you for being able to develop a working company, which isn't as easy as said. I don't know if it's big or not, but being a CEO is a very heavy duty no matter the size. Like I said, I also want to open my own bussines in the future, so I to look up to people like you, when I think about it.

I sound rude, but come on tank, that's just a mod. Smiley A simple sign "please come here" might be a good idea, since a lot of people are coming back.

arent you the guy who said you knew how to make models?
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 10:23:38 pm »

arent you the guy who said you knew how to make models?

Models for coh are made in 3Ds MAX 8 or 9 from what I remember. I wasn't the guy, my father was the guy. He's an architect and interior designer, but he likes ww2 history, so he offered to make models of russian tanks and more if he could.

Unfortunetly all of this doesn't matter, because he's not using 3Ds Max anymore.

If someone is still using 3DMAX and want to make models, there are tons of tutorials how to make models for CoH.
All you need to download are special tools and a quick review how to make gun animation etc.

Tbh, I go on university in 2 months (robotics for now, but I'm applying for programming) and if everything is fine I might learn how to make 3D models. If I learn that I'll try to help mod with this knowledge.
AlphaTIG Offline
The actual account of AlphaTIG
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 07:28:36 am »

Yes Tank130 ur right. First impression is very important thing. But we all know EIR:R don't have enough man power resources to make this mod go on pro level. When i have tried EIR:R for the first time it was broken as fuck, only few people online, 15+ games were total stomps but still i liked idea of this mod which still keeps me here. So why don't give a shot and try sell idea of this mod instead of finished product?

i never thought i'd say this, but i agree with shab..

and while i appreciate the work the team is doing on the mod, i highly doubt that the new system will be playable anytime soon.

and i think we are all here for the idea behind the mod.

so why not give it a try? more players means possible donations and possible new team members.

you dont have to sell a finished product, early acces is a thing.
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 03:27:40 am »

Models for coh are made in 3Ds MAX 8 or 9 from what I remember. I wasn't the guy, my father was the guy. He's an architect and interior designer, but he likes ww2 history, so he offered to make models of russian tanks and more if he could.

Unfortunetly all of this doesn't matter, because he's not using 3Ds Max anymore.

If someone is still using 3DMAX and want to make models, there are tons of tutorials how to make models for CoH.
All you need to download are special tools and a quick review how to make gun animation etc.

Tbh, I go on university in 2 months (robotics for now, but I'm applying for programming) and if everything is fine I might learn how to make 3D models. If I learn that I'll try to help mod with this knowledge.
Blender is free and in a ways better nowdays than 3DMAX. I think there's more Blender tutorials out there overall, but ofc if all CoH modelling tutorials are for 3DMAX then it MIGHT make things a bit more complicated.

I hope that I will find some time for my EiR video (which I've mentioned earlier) before I leave for exchange. Modelling would be fun aswell but I've got already hands full learning Blender level designing at internship.

Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 03:30:33 am »

Also modelling with Blender is not hard imo if you got any spatial intelligence at all. Just need to start from some youtube tutorials.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc