Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:35:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome To The Suck: Steady Aim Ability  (Read 6180 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 05, 2016, 06:58:36 am »

I cannot believe this ability has made it into the final launcher version of the new doctrines for both WM and Brits. This ability was always completely useless in 99% of situations. I don't think anyone who has used this would disagree. It already sucked on 4 men KCH, how suck will it be on bren tommies? It needs to be replaced or completely reworked.

There is never a situation where you need full accuracy with slowed movement..NEVER. The concept of having full accuracy while moving sounds nice but it gets ruined by being slowed down and does nothing but make you take more unnecessary damage because of the time you wasted not moving to cover faster.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:00:53 am by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:32:56 am »

I cannot believe this ability has made it into the final launcher version of the new doctrines for both WM and Brits. This ability was always completely useless in 99% of situations. I don't think anyone who has used this would disagree. It already sucked on 4 men KCH, how suck will it be on bren tommies? It needs to be replaced or completely reworked.

There is never a situation where you need full accuracy with slowed movement..NEVER. The concept of having full accuracy while moving sounds nice but it gets ruined by being slowed down and does nothing but make you take more unnecessary damage because of the time you wasted not moving to cover faster.

I found it to be quite good previously.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:02:23 am by aeroblade56 » Logged

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:12:11 am »

I found it to be quite good previously.

The only scenario I could see it working is if allied inf tried to retreat out of a firefight and youd move your unit up to get a few more seconds of fire on them. This added "bonus" is horrible for a doctrine ability
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:14:12 am »

It was nothing really special tbh.

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:26:35 am »

I need lothen or volskinator to elaborate on the details of the exact ability. But i was under the impression it got a flat Accuracy increase when you popped the button, making it a excellent defensive tool.

Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 08:38:32 am »

When toggled on, weapon has 0 penalties to accuracy while moving. It is not a base accuracy buff.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 08:39:21 am »

That would make it a lot better for most infantry except for KCH for which it would be useless. It always was not a "buff", but a reduction in penalty (no accuracy penalty when moving, but exhaustion speed). It does nothing for you when you dont move

EDIT tachi beat me to it
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:40:55 am by EliteGren » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 09:40:23 am »

i think you are overlooking the use of fatherland defense in  enemy territory  same Doctrine Unlock.

The new doctrines is to promote a more unique play style for you.

You can also get volks with -15% accuracy while moving which isn't as good as airborne armor but it does make them quite a bit tougher

This in hand with the Extra HP per man also increases their ability.

So i guess if you nit pick doctrines they probably do seem whilly nilly, but if you look at the abilities as a whole there are combinations.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 09:57:48 am »

I didnt mean the doctrine unlock at all, the other bonuses are good for sure, just this ability that was granted with it is very useless. A flat accuracy increase for defensive positions like you meant would be a lot better because that would actually fit this doctrine.

I was actually looking at the mando ability and thought it was really bad on bren tommies because of my experience with 4 men KCH where it was already bad
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 10:03:11 am »

My concern with a flat accuracy buff would be the stacking potential with KCH and Officer auras.

Cant say much for tommies as I'm pretty bad on brit knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:04:56 am by Tachibana » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 11:23:19 am »

How about it giving them a blob modifier tied to more accuracy vs infantry in the open and in light cover? It would help vs charging blobs, and it wouldnt be across-the-board useful, it would be poor vs smoke cover, poor vs at guns, but non directional yellow cover (craters) wont ruin it, and it would help grenadiers, volks and kch against allied inf.
It would also not make the squads better at 1v1, but help downplay the usefulness of massing infantry in the open.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 11:34:33 am »

Don't like it? Don't use it.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 11:38:48 am »

Don't like it? Don't use it.

There is nothing to use. There is no reason to use it. It is actually worse than just charging in normally, especially with KCH. I am offering up that this gets a reason to be used man. You cant just put everything thats bad under the rug Kim jong il style
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:42:14 am by EliteGren » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 02:36:32 pm »

I think elitegren you should look at the doctrine again.

Hitlers buzzsaw has good blob control even against smoke cover.

Do not forget you also are getting the Wehrmacht infantry officer.

I think you do not know that mp44's do full damage no matter what armor type.

Soldier,elite armor,airborne armor. Mp44's deal full damage.

Pileup the axis officer and you negate any accuracy problems the mp44's would have.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 03:22:54 pm »

I think elitegren you should look at the doctrine again.

Hitlers buzzsaw has good blob control even against smoke cover.

Do not forget you also are getting the Wehrmacht infantry officer.

I think you do not know that mp44's do full damage no matter what armor type.

Soldier,elite armor,airborne armor. Mp44's deal full damage.

Pileup the axis officer and you negate any accuracy problems the mp44's would have.

It feels like we talk past each other. MP44 damage dafuq does that have to do with steady aim. I'm not talking about accuracy at all. The thing that makes it shit and worse than just not using it is that you get slowed down. It's better to just quickly charge in and get in cover than appraoch with it because you take unnecessary damage until you reached cover. Also makes it so fucking easy to get grenaded. I can only advise you to test that ability yourself and you will see that it does not help..you are better off not being slowed while attacking
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:30:19 pm by EliteGren » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 04:30:14 pm »

the problem to me is that why would infantry not run away?

was the initial dev thought to have slow moving kch advance with better moving accuracy? even KCH prefer to be in cover, and unsupported KCH assaults, can be stopped by a jeep.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 05:42:51 pm »

the problem to me is that why would infantry not run away?

was the initial dev thought to have slow moving kch advance with better moving accuracy? even KCH prefer to be in cover, and unsupported KCH assaults, can be stopped by a jeep.

Support weapons might not be able to pack-out in time.  Not sure if KCH have had a problem decrewing them but maybe they can clearout an MG before they get suppressed?
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 03:22:21 pm »

Support weapons might not be able to pack-out in time.  Not sure if KCH have had a problem decrewing them but maybe they can clearout an MG before they get suppressed?

You make an interesting point ugly. It would be interesting if the unit that used it was not prone to be suppressed. You'd be slowed, but atleast you gain a reasonable return
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc