Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:25:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you want to win use this strat!  (Read 20646 times)
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« on: January 05, 2017, 01:57:29 pm »

Brits -> Royal infantry doctrine:
1. Play Brits -> Royal Infantry
2. Use Discrading sabot, Forward observation, High velocity, Stretcher bearer
3. Unlocks: Bottom (1,2,3), Middle (2)
4. Play around 8 riflenades, 2 CCS, 1-2 Priests, 2 Fireflies, 3x17pdr, 6 MGs, 2-4 repairs, 8 For king and country charges, whatever the fuck you want that's left.
5. Huh
6. Profit.

Extra notes:
- Use ground target on riflenades and aim in the middle of the squad. Riflenades will aim at the center of the squad instead of the 1 guy that's the closest. Also you can abuse ground target to fire beyond rifles range Wink
- Don't be afraid to to use fireflies aggresively. Worst case scenario there's pak that you'll kill with a volley of rifle nades. You have more than enough AT with 3 17pdrs and 2 piats
- Upgraded Priest cooldown is exactly 120 seconds. Don't be afraid to use it. It'll recharge quickly anyway.
- Obvious counter to riflenades are tank rush and mgs. To counter tanks you have your teammates and 17pdr/firefly. To counter MGs you have FKAC ability, that nearly completly negates suppresion (-75%) and smoke nades. Whenever you go into enemy territory (you're not able to use FKAC), use scouts or put smoke forward just in case. Riflenades are soul of your company. Don't waste them.

Wehrmacht -> Blizkrieg doctrine:
1. Play Wehr -> Blitzkrieg
2. Use Hero of Villers, Fear in the Hearts of men, Overwhelm, Panzer Ace! (Panzer Ace! will be added in the future)
3. Unlocks: Top (2,3), Bottom (1,2)
4. Play Mp44 Stormies with Assault tactics and 2xStgs + 2xTigers+ 2-3 paks + 8 repairs (spread beetwen 2 repairmen), sniper.
5. Huh
6. Profit.

Extra notes:
- Use stormtroopers to scout for your Tiger. The best counter for Tiger is enemy ATG, but with upgraded Assault you can just remove it every 3 minutes.
- If you're afraid of enemy m10 rush... Don't be. You should have at least 1 pak covering Tiger and Tiger itself can defend against 2 no problem. You can also count on your teammates to cover your Tiger. Fully upgraded Tiger can carry whole game if covered properly.
- Remember that head of your company is Tiger, but body holding it are Stormies. Don't be afraid to use their sprint ability if situation is getting worse for them. It has short cooldown and no exaustion on squad.
- You can use sprint while in cloak to move at normal speed, while still undercover.

Brits -> Commandos doctrine

- Doctrine choices
- Company build:
1. Scouts
2. Main forces
From top left : Officer + 2 AT rifles Mandos, 8 squads with grenades (1 upgrade per 2 squads -> call-in), Tommies with CCS, 2 Snipers. All of my units have doctrine upgrades (Better smoke, Better sight).
3. AT troops
From top left : 2 squads with piats and grenades, 4 squads with AT rifles and grenades, Officer. Again, all the doctrine upgrades.
4. Tanks
3 Fireflies and 2 CCT both with smoke.

This company build is about using your snipers with AT Boys rifles. If enemies have bigger tanks, use fireflies and piats. Mandos AT rifles can hit infantry quite well. Snipers are an overkill. This company build goes well against PE. If possible try to set up the triangulation. With this, the enemy counter-snipe is impossible.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:25:31 pm by GrayWolf » Logged

GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 02:07:31 pm »

1.1 Updated with mandos strat
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:24:29 pm by GrayWolf » Logged
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 02:32:37 pm »

count on your teammates to cover your Tiger.

The pandastrats are real.

You should probably add that if more than one person on your team is doing it, It's probably not gonna work.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 02:36:17 pm »

The pandastrats are real.

You should probably add that if more than one person on your team is doing it, It's probably not gonna work.

I've played with Jake, you lothen and Volsky. All did good as for covering me. 99% of the time you don't need cover, but if there is BP on the field marking you, you might need it. Smiley

I would actualy make a shoutcast with you to point of some of the Blitz/Royal Inf weaknesses and strong points Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:49:23 pm by GrayWolf » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 02:58:50 pm »

You can use sprint while in cloak to move at normal speed, while still undercover.

Hmmmm.... pretty sure that is not a good thing.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 03:02:42 pm »

Hmmmm.... pretty sure that is not a good thing.

Sprint ability basicly gives you +1 speed (or sth like it). Cloak lowers the speed by 1. Soooo sprint while cloaked is normal speed basicly (speed - 1 + 1 = speed). Works same with Blitzkrieg ability or keep it moving.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:27:03 pm by GrayWolf » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 09:48:57 am »

Okay, I've had it with the influx of Tiger/Storm spam. 9x ATG per US company baseline, in triple callins, and 2:1 Jeep/infantry ratio within the company.

M10s don't cut it, M18s are too expensive, 2x ATGs don't scare off Tigers, and 5 or less ATGs in the company will just be destroyed since the Tiger two-shots the gun itself.

I'm done with Riflemen, period--they're so fucking useless that I'm even nerfing their vet into the ground (come newvet release once docs are done). And even Marines aren't worth the time and effort to invest any MU whatsoever in, so at least I have some lying around for spare AP rounds.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 10:48:07 am »

There was a reason I created the 80gunz alias...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 12:18:25 pm »

Well, the worst bit is the lack of spare MU when playing as the US. You need ATGs, a lot of them, for your AT (since M10s/M18s just don't cut it), as well as AP rounds for the ATGs. On top of that, you need to add a munitions upgrade to your infantry, regardless of what type it is (InR being the one and only exception), in order to have any hope of killing anything.

When you want to add healing and possibly repairs to the mix (the latter of which you will need more of compared to an Axis, especially WM, player, since your vehicles will be penetrated and damaged much more often) you need to forgo other "must haves" like smoke (mortars), snipers, and so on. If you want to cram indirect and snipers into your company, you need to run a lot of vanilla infantry--infantry that's really, really terrible.

I see none of these issues in the Axis camp. Grenadiers are perfectly competent without any upgrades at all, and medkits are a paltry 20 MU. FSJ, for the exact same price as Grenadiers, come with the same, if not better, base damage output (3x Gren K98 and one G.43), Soldier armor (which renders basically all US small arms nearly useless with a 40% damage penalty), a hilarious ambush bonus (1.35 acc. and dmg.), and the ability to ambush in the first place--you get the initiative in nearly every fight you enter.

Hell, rug runs/ran a nothing-but-FSJ company, and other than the fluke 2v2 on Dike, he just sits/sat his FSJ in cover and racked up 8+ kills per squad, with only a Panzerfaust equipped to every unit. These FSJ were busy shredding LMG Marines, upgraded Rangers, and Tommies--all of which are more expensive.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 01:11:19 pm »

Well with enough ATGs you don't NEED AP rounds, especially if you have stickies around.  But if you focus all the way into ATGs, that leaves vanilla rifles which are...subpar.  And then requires you to find some way to kill infantry without munitions which is...difficult, like you said.  This is also why I've basically played nothing but Axis when I've played in the last 6 months
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 01:15:40 pm »

Sounds like we need to look at axis infantry, not allied infantry.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 09:48:04 pm »

Why?
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 01:15:45 pm »

G43s are assault weapons when it comes to FJs. Thought gren rifles are better when it comes to ambush bonus on medium/long range.

Just a tip. Ambush bonus applies to riflenades leading to 1.35 damage riflenades. If you can get it to vet 3. They will surely wipe men with a single grenade hit :v
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 03:09:48 pm »

Lol, good luck getting them to hit anything w/o RCA scatter bonuses.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 05:56:23 pm »

Lol, good luck getting them to hit anything w/o RCA scatter bonuses.
Ikr
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 08:32:30 am »

G43's are better at all ranges.

Volsky told me sth different :v You sure? These are not OMG G43s

Well even if it's true, there is no reason to take g43 over MG34 atm. MG34 is a must on FJs company, because it just performs way too good.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:34:05 am by GrayWolf » Logged
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 02:33:22 pm »

Crete vet + mobile Suppression G43/FG42 > MG34.

Luft surprisingly good at making opponent go slow as well as having plenty of speed buffs for itself. I think that may be volsky design, not sure though. Luft pretty well done doc overall though I think. Lots of nice synergies and multiple strategies(though falls undercosted atm).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:36:02 pm by Tachibana » Logged
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 03:36:20 pm »

Crete vet + mobile Suppression G43/FG42 > MG34.

Luft surprisingly good at making opponent go slow as well as having plenty of speed buffs for itself. I think that may be volsky design, not sure though. Luft pretty well done doc overall though I think. Lots of nice synergies and multiple strategies(though falls undercosted atm).

Luft is OP in 2v2. You can start with 36 pop Smiley

25 starting callin + 6 from doctrines + 5 (deploy ambush FJs, when you're 31/31 pop already). You don't need pop to deploy them :V

Decent start is 2 FJs with MG34, 2 marders (22 pop) and the rest is up to you, I'd take tank busters squad (27 pop) and upgraded scout car (31 pop). You also deploy ambush FJs for an overkill (36 pop in total) Smiley
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 03:40:32 pm by GrayWolf » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 08:45:45 am »

I used the OMG mod DPS calculator for that assumption.

http://omgmod.org/wiki/zaxis/
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 01:40:03 pm »

Even with the OMG calculator, gren kar > g43 is a weird assumption to jump to. According to that, gren Kar has a less than 0.2 dps advantage at long but is worse at every other range. If we're being totally honest, very few infantry engagements in EIR take place at long range(which is probably why certain members of the community insist pgrens are worse than rifles)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:45:20 pm by Tachibana » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc