Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Faust vs Sticky  (Read 3692 times)
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 04, 2017, 11:14:46 am »

Just curious, but why is faust insta hit and sticky rng? Stickies are harder to deliver and they get rng, discuss.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 03:14:38 pm »

I always took it as sticky has a greater disparity in upside vs downside. When you get the engine damage/destroy/immob it lightyears beyond faust. When you don't, faust is better.

Delivery is harder, yes, but you'd have to remove the crits from the sticky to allow it to be easier to deliver. Secondarily, if you make the delivery easier by removing crits and perhaps replacing it with damage, then it comes into direct competition with the bazooka for Damage unless you altered the penetration rates. However, if you alter those, you run into delivery reliability again.

The reason you don't run into the same conundrum with axis is due to how superior the Panzershreck is compared to the bazooka. Penetration is overall reliable, damage is very good and accuracy is reasonable. The faust does have better penetration and accuracy, but the disparity vs most allied targets is not that great due to how well the shreck generally penetrates allied armor and the damage drop off is present.

Basically, yes, stickies are way harder to use, but their potential upside is greater. You can definitely debate whether the upside there is great enough. I personally think the upside is worth it, but I can see why some would think that it is not.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:42:33 pm »

That may be true if you're comparing one sticky vs one faust, but fausts are spammed these days and their guaranteed hit make them way more cost effective than sticky even with their upside.   
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 10:20:41 pm »

As somebody who uses fausts a lot - they are not a guaranteed hit. Although their scatter is low, it's still somewhat higher than RRs and just being in vehicle cover, or having smoke may very well mean shots do not hit you. Additionally, with 30 range and a long, long wind-up animation it is relatively easy to dodge them unless you have a slow, unwieldy vehicle and have gotten yourself flanked.

Fausts are an overall great ability. I wouldn't say they're overpowered.

I do think that stickies shouldn't ever bounce.. especially against bloody halftracks/pumas.

TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 11:36:54 pm »

Yeah, I wasnt making argument that fausts are OP, but using them as frame of reference for stickies.

Given the general shit that is allied AT power, w/o some kind of tweak, ATG walls will continue to be the only option.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 09:53:17 am »

^An incoming buff to the M10 will provide the US with a functioning Firefly lite next patch.

Stickies are only "bad" because you need to shell out a truckload of MU on ATGs, repairs (squishy vehicles), heals (optional), and nades/BARs/something to make your infantry actually kill things. That leaves little room for more than 1-2 stickies per company, whereas an entire company of fausts works just fine.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:12:47 am by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 10:41:08 am »

I don't think a company full of stickies is effectively much different than a faust+vehicle or a teller+vehicle company.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 03:04:34 pm »

Iwhen i first started back playing i fucking hated the sticky. i thought it was so junk i think you can probably find a thread or two i made about them essentially saying the same thing as area.

It took a long time for me to appreciate the sticky as a real thing. It does its job well it denies a zone or area from tanks. any person with half a brain fears any vet 2 stickies because the amount of pain they bring. The biggest thing a CW player loves is probably stickies. with the lack of a real disable and mines being 1 use i thnk the sticky is probably pretty potent now.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc