Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:23:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Spirit and a bit of Appreciation  (Read 4637 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« on: November 27, 2017, 08:45:22 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well. In the spirit of Christmas Joy and festivity, I have felt that perhaps it is time for us to give a little back to the community that we have all been a part of for years and years, enjoying the fruits and the fun that the reap.

We all love Europe in Ruins. Many of us may well have grown up with the mod through our teenage years. Others, perhaps, have joined a bit later down in their lives - but once we have sunk our teeth into it, we haven't really let go, have we? There have been changes of management, there has been changes in coders. There have been changes in balance leads - and for a very short time, I was one of them myself. Let me tell you - it is effing hard work.

And in all this time, we obviously have had many people to thank for the amazing experience that we have received. Luci, for the current launcher and the countless hours he originally put into the mod, all those years ago. Salan, when he took over for a while and introduced Reinforcements, the Brits and PE, when EiRR was in it's darkest hour. Phil, for all his coding work way back in the day. Tank - for all of his financial support over the years - the lights have been kept on largely thanks to him for the past 6 years. And many others who have sacrificed time, devotion, blood, sweat and tears over the years to make the mod run, to make the mod great and to make it fun, for all of us.

Today, I would like to give something back to a member of our community that has been an absolute shining beacon for the mod, and likely the sole reason for its' continued existence today. A man who has given something that he, in all fairness, never needed to, and probably could not afford to give, but did it anyway. A member who is often under-appreciated, and who has continued to persevere despite this. For years on end, doing all the grunt work and listening to all of us moan. He might explode, he might go on a rant, but he is always our lord and saviour - Volskinator.

I have created a just giving page, with what I believe is a modest target for us to give something back to Volski this Christmas - for all the hard work he has done for the mod over the years, and I hope that at least some of you will feel that Volsky absolutely deserves something nice this Christmas for all he's done. My wildest hopes are that we will break the modest target I set and let him have a bit of a bash this Christmas. If not, then if we can all at least give what we can, we will at least show whatever appreciation we are able to muster.

Link below:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/volskinator

A big thank you to you Volsky. You deserve it.

P.S. If a mod could pin this on the discord chat that would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Myst

Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 08:50:20 pm »

Seeing as to how volsky took $100 out of his own pocket to start procedure for EIR steam release, I'll add a bit.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:02:55 am »

Would like to donate, but being a student hurts my pocket. We'll see after the next paycheck <3 Keep up the good work Komrade!

terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 06:26:34 pm »

Just popped in my donation

Volks- As much as I can be a raging, drunk dick to you at times especially while playing this mod, thank you for taking the time to keep this swamp alive.  As much as it is a swamp, at least it's still our swamp. That and the fact that your DIY coding skills have allowed us to still enjoy this mod even after 10 years of different coders and designers.  

I would send you a proper bottle of tequila too, but you would not enjoy it, so I will drink it in your honor. Thank you again, Volks

Myst- Definitely glad that you came up with this idea, though as a suggestion, could you give us the option to change currency (USD, Euro, etc.)? Some of us are rather lazy and do not want to Google exchange rates.  

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 06:32:01 pm »

If I could I would! Sadly, justgiving only allows you to put up your home currency as the one for the fundraising goal :/.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 06:57:04 pm »

I am very happy to see this post - Thanks Myst!
Donation made  Smiley

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hobomancer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 02:18:48 pm »

Gay and fake
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 01:29:18 pm »

We have reached the magic £300, but the fun doesn't need to stop there! There is still time to donate more if people wish!

- Myst
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc