Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:49:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So hypothetically...  (Read 4444 times)
Osprey Offline
Maj. Osprey, Royal Lincolnshire Regiment

« on: February 18, 2018, 09:28:48 am »

...if one were looking at making some kind of long-term-hiatus-breaking return to EIR:R, but now has Steam version of CoH instead of the old DVD-installed version, what would said individual need to know in order to get back up to speed re: making the mod actually work ok?

Asking for a friend, Tongue

Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 02:22:00 pm »

Well, purely theoretically, you should tell your friend to download the eir installer. Then you would install into the /steamapps/company of heroes (Your friend should know the folder may be called relaunch depending on when they installed their CoH).

You should also tell your friend that they may need to go into their company of heroes folder after the install to move the "EuropeInRuins" and "EIRRLauncher" into their company of heroes folder in the event that the installer made an extra folder in their directory.

You should also be aware that EIR has a pretty active discord that your friend can join for all their questioning/matchmaking/shitposting needs.

https://discord.gg/GSEx98F

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Osprey Offline

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 03:54:32 am »

My, uh, friend, has installed the launcher and got all that set-up and is setting up a company or two, thanks for that.

Now I'm just... er, I mean he's just getting to grips with the doctrine tree changes and trying to figure out some of the newer units, like ambulances, Chafee tanks, etc. I think he should probably just build a basic company and let it evolve from there really.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 05:30:50 am »

The launcher shorthand thread on the forum will help you with that.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 05:59:04 am »

Your friend should just invest in whatever units he thinks are cool and remember to bring enough at. Light vehicles that have at vehicle written in the brackets next to their name, like the chaffee might help with that.

He should be warned engineers and pioneers can't cap at the moment due to a bug.

Osprey Offline

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 07:04:16 am »

So, he's ready to roll (company made, doctrines selected, deployed on warmap, Ventrilo), but something is confusing him. Let's say his old Relic name for CoH was, like FalconUSA for example, and now when he logs in to CoH from steam it's Falcon, should he be using the latter as his Relic name when he makes a company, or is that just a steam id mask for the real profile. What has happened to his old Relic profile anyway, did those get axed with the relaunch.

He's also probably going to try to recruit a friend who plays CoH on steam too, so would be useful to know for my friend's friend. Smiley

Also, hey Myst! glad to see one or two names I remember, I mean, er, fine upstanding users that my friend will surely want to become acquainted with.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 09:48:43 pm »

Hello, im new here and need some assistance.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 10:01:57 am »

This thread makes me giggle

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 10:44:48 am »

Tell your friend that if he wants action points, he should seek out Lothen. He's in charge of AP distribution Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc