Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:47:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Release  (Read 24485 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 07:20:26 am »

so weird, i just did a clean install on a new pc with the current launcher and everything worked like a charm, didnt even get that "wrong location. dumbass" - message   Roll Eyes

Their issue was the updater crashing as soon as all files were updated and they'll hit 'launch'. That's all they gave me.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 04:33:52 pm »

Ask em to do a remote session so you can see the error

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 10:29:11 am »

join the luncher gays

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 08:40:21 pm »

suppose i better sort my life out and reinstall EIR

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2018, 12:12:38 am »

Is the steam dream now dead?
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 12:43:48 am »

Scumbag Volski lures everyone back with promise of steam release... then never actually does steam release.

10/10 ruse I fell for it.

TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 07:08:13 am »

Scumbag Volski lures everyone back with promise of steam release... then never actually does steam release.

10/10 ruse I fell for it.

Fuck off David <3
---------
 Message from The Steam Team on Jun 28 @ 3:23pm | 8 days ago
Hi,

Sorry about the delay. I managed to get your app to launch, here was the procedure:

- Your app had been installed through Steam, with the same error on launch
- Downloaded the AutoUpdater from your website (http://www.europeinruins.com/EiRR_Setup.exe)
- Installed to "../Steam/steamapps/common/Company of Heroes Relaunch/"
- It created a folder in /Company of Heroes Relaunch/ called "/Company of Heroes/" and installed there
- When launched, received the error "This was installed to the wrong location, please move to the CoH folder"
- Moved all the files to /Company of Heroes Relaunch/, replacing 165 existing files (from the Steam version)
- Launched again, the AutoUpdater required/downloaded 49 new files
- App now launched as intended

This leads me to believe that the Steam version is somehow different from the non-Steam version. The first thing that jumps out is that the website's file is 441 MB, while the Steam download is 80 kB. Perhaps some files are not downloaded by the Steam version's AutoUpdater?

Cheers,
Zac
---------
Message from you on Jul 2 @ 7:23pm | 4 days ago
Thanks for the reply, Zac.

I spent the afternoon troubleshooting the issue with an old dev of ours, Xeonis. He had me try using just the AutoUpdater and RelicCOH.exe (the "wrong folder" error occurs when the Updater can't find RelicCOH.exe within the same folder).

He had me place both the Updater and .exe in the same folder, and I then ran the updater. It's the standard 80 kb one--the larger file that you found on our site is our old EiR_Setup.exe (it's been so many years since I had to set up the mod, I'd completely forgotten about it). With only those two files to begin with, I ran the updater and it found 306 files in need of updating (Xeonis got the same result). Once it had completed downloading and updating all of the requisite files, the launcher opened and ran properly. I found the same result using the AutoUpdater that's downloaded as part of our Steam build.

Only receiving 214 files at the end of the day is way off the mark--is there any way to discuss the issue in realtime? Discord, Ventrilo, or even a screenshare program of some kind to try and figure out the problem--something seems to be getting lost in translation in these PMs/messages.

Here's a link to a Youtube video that I recorded, showing proof of functionality upon download from Steam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMnOThiKXkM&feature=youtu.be   
---------
Message from The Steam Team on Jul 4 @ 12:35pm | 2 days ago
Hi,

Sorry, I was unclear about the files downloaded - I also receive a notice to update 306 files when first launched.

After installing both launchers again, I determined the cause of the crash - Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 2.0 is installed with the web version, but not with the Steam version. Please include this prerequisite with your app, using an install script: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/sdk/installscripts

Let me know if you have any questions on setting that up.

Cheers,
Zac
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:24:21 am by TheVolskinator » Logged
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2018, 03:00:15 pm »

Any art or media requests you need help with for the release volsk? I assume yourself or xeo can write the scripts.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2018, 06:25:33 pm »

I have a bunch of screenshots to write new text for. Conti will likely be the one helping out with the script; that sort of thing is beyond my level of expertise.

A massive problem that Shermanator had when he tried to play the mod (other than being led into battle by General Crimson) was that there were no worthwhile and up-to-date guides on "how to build a company for dummies". So get on that bois 8-)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2018, 06:39:19 pm »

I have a bunch of screenshots to write new text for. Conti will likely be the one helping out with the script; that sort of thing is beyond my level of expertise.

A massive problem that Shermanator had when he tried to play the mod (other than being led into battle by General Crimson) was that there were no worthwhile and up-to-date guides on "how to build a company for dummies". So get on that bois 8-)

lol.... so typical Eir community. Everyone is in a hurry to get something to the public without any planning or making sure it is public ready. This whole "we will tweak it later" is why this mod continues to be a small boys club and not what it could have been. To bad really......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2018, 06:21:17 pm »

Other than how doctrine selection works, tank's video tutorials should still be fine. Unless you want vids about making "good" companies, but then that all comes down to opinion and personal preference.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 06:40:07 pm »

lol.... so typical Eir community. Everyone is in a hurry to get something to the public without any planning or making sure it is public ready. This whole "we will tweak it later" is why this mod continues to be a small boys club and not what it could have been. To bad really......

I can only manage so many things at once. I trust the community to come up with competently-written guides; my play is too conservative to serve as a good basis for truly great EiR play anyway.

I choose to focus my efforts on the Steam page, communicating with Steam, and preparing the art, promotional screenshots+text, the launcher, and so on as best I can. There is no plan to tweak it later--I want the mod ship-shape before release. So, by God, we're going to make it ship-shape.

If you have suggestions on how to better-plan the release, please share them. Anything to make the process easier, anything to reduce my workload--I am all ears.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:15:13 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 11:16:59 pm »

Other than how doctrine selection works, tank's video tutorials should still be fine. Unless you want vids about making "good" companies, but then that all comes down to opinion and personal preference.

I think you should definitely stay away from telling new gamers how to min/max and spam a company. If that was what you were getting at. If not, apologies.

Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 02:00:27 pm »

Any news on this?

IMO all the patches and so dont matter too much if we dont get more players. Only way to get new players through this..

volskiebaby...
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2018, 07:38:37 pm »

Conti just submitted the finished EiR built to Steam today. We now await the testing staff's reply.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2018, 08:08:14 pm »

Can we all take a moment to thank SgtConti btw? The guy came over from the Far East Mod release team and offered to help get us on steam on his own volition.

We had no idea how any of this steam release stuff works and any of the previous devs who got us on greenlight were unable or unwilling to help but this guys who has never played a second of EIR has been getting all this work done behind the scenes simply because he loves CoH and wants to keep the modding community alive.

Hats off to SgtConti.
fabulousrug Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2018, 10:07:06 pm »

Thanks a lot SgtConti you're a lifesaver
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2018, 06:35:14 am »

WELL

Awesome!!

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Volskie  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Conti Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2018, 09:41:59 am »

As ever, thanks for the work Volks, and thanks to Conti too. Hopefully this will bring new blood to the mod.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 11:11:07 am »

wp Steven and cudos to Conti

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc