Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:52:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The EiR Community MOB Initiative - July 18  (Read 11407 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« on: July 15, 2018, 05:13:49 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I've been having a bit of a think, and have come up with a bit of an idea that I hope that you will enjoy. I've asked volsky and he has given his most fervent blessing:

Quote from: Volskinator
Idc, if you manage it yourself then go nuts

So, without further ado, I present to you the EiR Managing Our Balance (MOB) initiative. It's a very simple idea. Every month I'll open up a thread that will run for two weeks. Any member of the community can post up to two things (units, off-maps, doctrine choices, etc.) that they would like to see either buffed or nerfed, with a short explanation as to why they think it should happen - as per the format below:

Buff: Panzer IV/V Command Tank. It's basically a jumbo, but costs 50% more fuel. Make it cost the same fuel as the Jumbo.

Nerf: Wirblewind. It's 8 popcap and has the firepower of roughly 2.5-3 ACs in one package. Pretty bonkers, needs fixing.

The threads won't be about discussing things endlessly, or providing calculations to rival those of the Large Hadron Collider. After two weeks of nominations I'll go and collate all of the nominations made into a forum vote, open for 2 weeks. Everyone will get a number of votes based on the total amount of nominations available (the more things nominated - the more votes everyone gets) and the top 3-5 things voted upon (exact number depending on number of nominations) will be brought to Volsky to see if any change in either direction would be feasible to make. There's no guarantee a change would be made (otherwise we'd have kettenkrads with KT armour firing calliope rockets from quad MG42s pretty damn quickly), but it would be considered.

It would make sure fewer things go under the radar because people forget to mention them. It would help us all contribute to the balance of the mod. It does not require anyone to go through reams of data or make convoluted complex arguments to an uncaring audience. Simply point out a problem, and if people agree - it'll get voted upon.

So without further ado.. Get nominating. Anyone and everyone gets 2 nominations for either buffs or nerfs - so pick the ones you truly care about and we'll get them voted on.

Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 10:49:06 am »

Buff: Pershing. Its not achieving the role of "Heavy US Amor". Needing to select ammunition is an additional stupid hindrance. Needing to select 5 doctrine upgrades and then buying them is unnecessary too. I want Pershing to be great again.

Buff: Tiger. It does not "strike fear into mens hearts". Actually its pretty shit. Needing to unnecessarily select ammuniton doesnt help. Needing to select 5 doc upgrades and buying them doesnt help either. Atm nobody runs them and for good reason.

Wait did I just repeat myself?Huh Both of these drastically affect the whole commander-line so need buff asap.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:02:39 pm »

Do we need listen bad players QQ over things like Pershing?

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 04:07:25 pm »

Do we need listen bad players QQ over things like Pershing?

Everyone gets two nominations. If you don't like somebody's suggestion - don't vote for it when the votes come up. Pretty simple stuff.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 04:24:19 pm »

I use my both votes against Batgirl then
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 04:53:05 pm »

I use my both votes against Batgirl then

It's more useful if you come up with two nominations that would get more votes than Batgirl's. No better nominations = Batgirl wins by default.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 12:03:38 am »

1. Than i nominate come back of assymetric warfare for airborne doctrine.

2. Bergetiger is OKayish but does it needs regular tiger’s armour and HP?
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 12:15:53 am »

+1 Berge should be less tanky

2. Id also love to see marines transformed back into mainly long range infantry(something around their pre-rework state) instead of just more expensive riflemen.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Dauntless07 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 03:30:35 pm »

No one's going to say it? OK, then I will.

I suggest we consider returning to the old repair system, (with the caveat repairs while moving DON'T return,) and drop repair engineers in the process. Given there was a recent thread on the issue, to just summarize.

*Old system was fair and balanced
*Old system rewarded skillful repair (vehicles immobilized during process)
*New system discourages repairing LVs (uses same repair kit as tanks)
*New system encourages repairing heavy tanks multiple times
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 03:49:09 pm »

No one's going to say it? OK, then I will.

I suggest we consider returning to the old repair system, (with the caveat repairs while moving DON'T return,) and drop repair engineers in the process. Given there was a recent thread on the issue, to just summarize.

*Old system was fair and balanced
*Old system rewarded skillful repair (vehicles immobilized during process)
*New system discourages repairing LVs (uses same repair kit as tanks)
*New system encourages repairing heavy tanks multiple times

As far as I'm aware that's happening next patch in any case Dauntless (it's just a bit of a b*tch to code back in), so I won't put this one on the vote. No sense in pushing against an open door.

Just for clarity - please can we stick to pointing out buffs or nerfs to individual specific things that exist. I.e. units, doctrine abilities, unlocks and so forth. Not wholesale design changes or addition of new things - I'd like to keep the scope relatively narrow and focused on balance concerns, but would be happy to open up a design version of the initiative if this one gathers up enough steam.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 02:36:06 am »

Buff/Nerf:

- Marder has 0.75 damage modifier vs light vehicles for some reason such like Greyhound and others. I suggest buffing it to 1 to match other anti tank guns in the target table. Marder has 1.25 damage modifier vs Pershing armor, to compensate buff vs LVs Marder would lose its superiority vs Pershing thus making it to 1 to match other anti tank guns in the target table.

Nerf: Boys AT rifle's Button ability. It can be set as a doctrine upgrade over it being freely available on all boys AT rifles.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 07:31:03 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 10:39:38 am »

Buff

Engineers and Pioneers. Can we please have 2 pop versions back? Or on top of what we have now. I don't want to buy these shitty combat pios I just want 2 pop pios to build shit.

Nerf

Both versions of the geschutz. It's a fucking retarded 60 range death machine. The Stuh version is a fucking 60 range 6 pop stuh and the "AT" one snipes both inf and armour dafuq. Seriously who thought 60 range on these things was a good idea and who thought it was okay for the AT version to snipe infantry.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 06:19:43 am by shockcoil » Logged

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 08:21:49 pm »

fix dev team please.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 01:10:08 pm »

I see this initiative is already falling aprt Wink

Either way, for what it's worth. hotchkisses need a nerf. They're way too effective at sniping infantry at 140 F. They're basically ISTs on speed, with doctrinal moving repairs and the like only adding insult to injury. For comparison, Brit's AI LV - the staghound has a similar price doesn't even come close.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:29:27 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 08:19:00 pm »

BUFF: axis players

NERF: hamster
pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 08:50:33 pm »

Buff: Pershing. Its not achieving the role of "Heavy US Amor". Needing to select ammunition is an additional stupid hindrance. Needing to select 5 doctrine upgrades and then buying them is unnecessary too. I want Pershing to be great again.

Buff: Tiger. It does not "strike fear into mens hearts". Actually its pretty shit. Needing to unnecessarily select ammuniton doesnt help. Needing to select 5 doc upgrades and buying them doesnt help either. Atm nobody runs them and for good reason.

Wait did I just repeat myself?Huh Both of these drastically affect the whole commander-line so need buff asap.
PLUS FUCKING ONE

Panda's return is intimate

You mean imminent, right? -TheAdminator

NO MY RETURN IS NOT  CUMMING ITS A FEELING OF MAYBE CUZ YOU KNOW TIGER WILL NEVER BE BUFFED
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:35:06 pm by pandaExpress » Logged

they tell me i'm weird i tell them their normal
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 09:50:40 pm »

nerf - AB fireup

This ability doesnt work in its current iteration for EIR.
Its literally a get out of jail free card and allows for easy vehicle vet hunting.

I propose units using it receive a hefty sight decrease while active to simulate some sort of tunnel vision.

Failing that maybe a cool down similar to current off maps so that the units cant drop behind lines, nuke a repairng tank then fireup back to the triage.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 09:56:37 pm »

Fire up has a -50% sight penalty.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 10:12:29 pm »

Fire up has a -50% sight penalty.
yeah but sprint+immunity to supression negates it entirely.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 12:09:51 am »

is this thread dead as I see no follow up post of this?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc