Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:52:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some doubts about the EiR mod Im new here.  (Read 7667 times)
EIite-Trooper Offline
EIR Regular

« on: August 05, 2018, 12:47:42 am »

Hello everybody. Well, i discovered this mod one day ago by the moddb.com site, and im still not believing how old this mod is and how fantastic is.  Well, watching the tutorials i saw that i have to tweak some things to get the mod working, and i not fully understand what to do (the thing about the ''same nickname on steam'' is one of them -  im affraid to mess my steam coh mods already installed). English as you can see, its not my native language, what make the things even worst to understand. My question is:

1- Worth installing the mod? There are players playing nowadays?

2 - What the i have to do with my steam and relic account? The guy on the official vid tutorials talk too much fast and even watching several times i cant understand (he talks something about to ''match nicknames''. My EiR player name must be the same as the steam player nickname? But my steam account have a name, and i use a display name different from my steam account name. What of the two options i must use?

3 - What about my relic forum name?

4 - In the official vids tutorials the guy say you must installed the mod ''inside the company of heroes folder'', but i dont have a ''Company of Heroes'' folder on my steamapp folder, i just have a ''company of heroes relaunch'' folder. I must set the installation path to the ''re launch'' folder?

Thank you for your time. We must be fast, the Reich is needing me on the battlefield lol. Anyways, im happy to be here, and sorry the bad english.

Give your lives! FOR GERMANY!!!!! For German pride, WE MUST FIGHT ON!!!
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 02:08:29 am »

Peeps in discord can help you better and quicker:

https://discord.gg/GSEx98F
fabulous_rug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 04:47:32 am »

1. Yes, it is. You can't get matches 24/7, but on the right time you'll always find some players to play with. And with the upcoming steam release, activity will be at an all time high

2. It's really simple. Your steam nickname must match your EIR company name. So if you create an Axis Blitzkrieg company and name it "elitetrooper" then your steam nickname must be "elitetrooper" as well.  You can change your steam nickname any time so don't be afraid to proceed

3. I don't think Relic forums are in any way relevant to our mod

4. Yes, your installation needs to go "company of heroes relaunch folder". The video old so it's a bit mistaken.

hopes this helps, ask if you have further questions. I would advise you join our discord as well, we don't use Ventrillo anymore
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 01:21:02 pm »

Steam release? When?

Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 01:41:58 pm »

Steam release? When?

June 6th
June 30th
Sometime in July
This summer

Soon TM

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 02:01:48 pm »

Dire aint u a developer too?

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 04:12:01 pm »

June 6th
June 30th
Sometime in July
This summer

Soon TM

Dire aint u a developer too?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 01:59:53 am »

I know you may be trying to keep it a surprise but there's probably some things we as a community want to do before it launches, to ensure that the influx of players dont just end up stranded in the launcher. Opening the floodgates is one thing, but keeping the people who come in around is another.

i'm thinking forum/launcher clean-up, updating the tutorials, possibly fresh wipe, etc etc. If there's anything we can help with, you should let us know!

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 06:50:30 am »

Please give me some credit. I'm aware of all of these issues and am trying my best to resolve them. I am, however, working alone for the most part (w. help from EiRmod and SgtConti). I must say that I'm a little put out that you'd think that I'd blindly rush ahead while ignoring these issues.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 06:55:24 am »

Volski where is steam release?

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 10:40:48 am »

Please give me some credit. I'm aware of all of these issues and am trying my best to resolve them. I am, however, working alone for the most part (w. help from EiRmod and SgtConti). I must say that I'm a little put out that you'd think that I'd blindly rush ahead while ignoring these issues.

Sorry! That's not what I meant to imply at all. You're doing an awesome job but like you say it's a lot for practically one person to handle. I was rather just trying to say there may be more people able/willing to help out. Could be worth putting out a post/your thoughts on a to do list and seeing if anyone has any skills/time they can contribute. I can help with cleaning up the forum structure for instance. We may also want to just archive a lot of the older posts, etc.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:43:42 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 12:28:51 am »

I know you may be trying to keep it a surprise but there's probably some things we as a community want to do before it launches, to ensure that the influx of players dont just end up stranded in the launcher. Opening the floodgates is one thing, but keeping the people who come in around is another.

i'm thinking forum/launcher clean-up, updating the tutorials, possibly fresh wipe, etc etc. If there's anything we can help with, you should let us know!

Let's make this happen.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 02:09:21 pm »

Let's make this happen.

Oh hey pq is back

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc