Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:32:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR mini 1v1 league.  (Read 6856 times)
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« on: October 21, 2019, 01:39:53 pm »

Since games are pretty hard to come by with the player population at the moment, I figure it might be interesting if we can get some 1v1 games going. Additionally, this would help see what meta the changes to 1v1 mode in EIR may have for future steam release.
This isnt going to be officially organized or anything of that matter. Its more like a beta test with incentives. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesnt, but it I figure it doesnt hurt to try it out.
There is no set time period for this event either. The finish will be whenever it seems its time for the finish to be.

Rules:

Game Format:
- Must be a 1v1 game

- Best of 2 series

- Arrange doctrine picks prior to the match however you wish, as long as they fall within the rotation rules below.

- Loser of the first game gets to choose their doctrine first. However, they may pass the pick to their opponent who must then pick first.

- The game must be either R+ or ME. Attack/defense mode games will be disregarded.

Points scoring:
- 2 wins 0 losses is worth 3 points to the winner, 0 points for the loser.

- A 1-1 Split is worth 1 point to each player.

- You may not play the same opponent more than once.

Map Pool:
1.) The Dike 1v1
2.) Unknown's Modified Angoville 1v1

- In any given series, the same map must be played in both games.
- The Player with the lower points total prior to playing the series gets to choose the map
- In the event of an even points total, flip a coin.

Doctrine Selection:
- Once a player uses a doctrine in a match, they may not use the same doctrine until they have played all other 11 doctrines first.

- For example, if in your first leg of your first match you select Airborne, you cannot select AB in your second leg or any other match afterwards until you have played atleast once with every other doctrine, regardless of whether you won or lost the match with AB.
- In the event an allies/axis split is not possible (for example both players have no allied doctrine picks left), the player with the lower point total chooses the doctrine of  the opponent. Subsequently, the loser of match one decides. Otherwise, roll a d6.

Company limitations:
- Reward units will not be allowed in any company build.

- Veterancy IS allowed.

Match reporting:
- A screenshot of the results screen is required from either player.

- Whenever a result for a match is posted, the doctrine selections of both players in the game must be given.
Failure to do the above will mean that no points or prizes will be awarded for the match.

If a player wishes to dispute a match result (for desynce reasons or possible rules violations)
 - For a desync: Posting their own results screen should be sufficient.
 - For a rules violation: A replay must be submitted as well.

General Conduct:

1.) Good faith matches/reporting
 - While I have no way to strictly enforce this, I would hope that no players attempt to arrange battles to allow one player to farm points to take higher prize support.
 - If there is ANY suspicion of such activity, replays will be requested, if not received, match results will be voided.

2.) Match declaration
 - If possible, it should be stated prior to the series starting that the 1v1 taking place is competitive. This can be done by stating the players taking part, the match number and that the match is competitive in either discord or launcher chat.
 something along the lines of : "Lothen vs tachibana. comp 1v1. battle 146"

3.) Strat sharing
 - Since there is no actual way to enforce this, there will be no limits on information sharing. Players are free to discuss with other players the strats, doctrines and playstyles employed by themselves or their opponents with anyone they may wish to.

Rewards:
- 500 gold for each series played (regardless of result)
- 500 gold for each doctrine you manage to get a win with (capped at 6,000)
- 10,000 gold to the overall winner.
- 4,500 gold to all players that manage to report at least 6 complete series(but are not first place).
- One chosen reward unit for the player that wins the “sportsmanship” vote at the end of the event.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 10:52:24 am by Tachibana » Logged

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
fabulous_rug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 03:53:45 am »

OK who wants to play
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 10:51:46 am »

Updated the loser's pick rule to the following:

Loser of the first game gets to choose their doctrine first. However, they may pass the pick to their opponent who must then pick first.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 01:16:40 pm »

Current Standings

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:26:28 pm by Tachibana » Logged
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 06:08:19 pm »

Wow EIR is still alive?

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

fabulous_rug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 07:37:19 pm »

I thought you died Terrapin
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 09:59:10 pm »

I thought you died Terrapin
Olazaika1 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 03:23:09 am »