Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2024, 09:58:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[August 24, 2024, 11:11:28 am]

[July 18, 2024, 05:15:48 am]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback  (Read 710 times)
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 04, 2024, 11:19:41 am »

I have time to play a round of EIR, which hasn't happened very often for some time, but no game because the server is down.

So I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for implementing the AI ​​functions.

This has given me many hours of gaming fun and as thanks I would like to point out a few peculiarities that seem to have crept into various AIs.

At the beginning, when the AI ​​was implemented, it actually avoided every fight and you had a lot of weight to lose, not through capping.

One or two AIs on the Allied side are still trying to do this, but it seems to me rather half-heartedly.

The AIs now meet in the middle of the map and slaughter each other. Whoever slaughters faster wins.

That doesn't seem so unrealistic to me when you look at the war in Ukraine, but it does take away a lot from the game because it becomes so predictable.

Sometimes I see really fantastic Moves from the enemies, which are used to clear away a problem that the enemy sees as a problem, but then they go stupid again shortly afterwards.

On the Axis side, it is pointless to include a walking Stuka in a WE AI. Despite visible enemy contact at the start of the game, the first shot goes somewhere where there are no enemies. Then the AI ​​doesn't know what to do with it and drives it into the enemy lines as if it were a flamethrower vehicle.

A Tiger tank is also always driven into the enemy defenses as if it could take everyone to their deaths if it explodes, but that doesn't happen.

The only difference in the difficulty levels seems to be how many grid squares the units dare to move away from the spawn.

The maps 8p_island Attack and The Scheld V2 always crash and I think this has been the case for at least 10 years. I would really like to play them but I wonder why you don't just remove these maps.

It's bad publicity when something like this happens.

Thank you for your attention.

Brothers stand tall!

Erst die Heimat, dann die Ferne.
Erst die Erde, dann die Sterne.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 10:46:34 am »

Thanks for the feedback Bear! For sure the AI atm is just a placeholder so its our intention to keep improving it and ill relay the feedback to Jstek.

As for the two maps, those arent official EIR maps or downloaded through the map. The way COH works is it directly downloads any maps you are subscribed to on the steam workshop into your maplist, even for EIR so those maps will show up even though theyre not supported.

You can remove old custom maps by deleting the contents in your my document/my games/coh relaunch/subscriptions folder but you may also need to remove any subscriptions to maps on the steam workshop for them to stay deleted.

Cheers

P.S. nobody really uses the forums anymore so best bet in the future is to post feedback and questions directly on our discord!!
(It's also a good place to stay in touch on any updates and to find games for when you do want to play vs other people instead of AI Cheesy)
Olazaika1 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm »

Hi Bear! Glad to hear you enjoyed the AI gamemode. As unkn0wn said - it is still a "placeholder", and is under active development!

As for the servers - we're aware of the issue, and we're trying to migrate to a better server provider. I've been resetting the server daily due to it having outages, and you may have felt it crashing more at the end of june/start of july, when I was on vacation. I can't migrate the server myself due to a lack of knowledge, but others are working on it!

Anyways, love the feedback, will let our AI programmer, Jstek know, and I'll try to do some fixes on my side as well.

Hope to see ya in some PvP games too!

lol dats true get rekt

I like balanced companies

you can't just post a replay every single time I fuck up the opening
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc