Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:43:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No, no, no  (Read 21745 times)
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 05, 2008, 10:01:34 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEP7uti0PDw&feature=related

Oh snap

Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:10:55 am »

Old and most likely staged =/
grav Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 10:19:39 am »

omg... dodge this then: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYmTEmUYj_8

yea i know its old but...
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:07:46 am »

Oh, that one is old...
...but still a great one!  Cheesy

why is everyone except me retarded?
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 01:17:14 pm »

I don't know, I just never found stupid people amusing.

Drunk people on the other hand... =D
LordMalgoroth Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 01:21:39 pm »

You know they found at least ONE person who knew the answers to those questions. God that was embarrassing to watch.
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 01:24:48 pm »

They found many, it probably took them days to find people who didn't.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »

or they were set up, there is a spoof done in England in which they got kids and adults to deliberately give stupid answers... its not exactly hard, the vid is still funny Smiley
Wraith547 Offline
15th Panzer Division
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 01:46:27 pm »

If you want some more stupid American I would youtube some Jay Walking, they are always worth a good laugh.

Also if you want another viewpoint on American/International stupidity I would taking 5 minutes to read this guys essay. He points out some of the major flaws of American education both at home and in the schools.

Disclaimer: If you are European and easily offended by people suggesting that you are in fact not of superior intellect to Americans I would skip the last part.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/45795/Why-the-hell-are-Americans-so-stupid-

Edited to add disclaimer
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:49:32 pm by Wraith547 » Logged
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 01:52:55 pm »

I'm not superior in intellect to Americans.. I'm just superior in intellect to most people.
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 01:58:25 pm »

I would say it is a intellectual problem, say that Americans are stupider then Europeans. However, it is a problem in the entire western world now a days, where people, especially young people are ignorant! They simply do not care, it takes too much effort trying to understand something, and therefore they would rather be un-informed. I know this first hand, since most young people here are just as ignorant as the Americans in the video. They might score smarter on an IQ test then me, but do not use that intellect, and that is the problem.
Wraith547 Offline
15th Panzer Division
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 02:04:12 pm »

I'm not superior in intellect to Americans.. I'm just superior in intellect to most people.

No disagreement here Wink

I would say it is a intellectual problem, say that Americans are stupider then Europeans. However, it is a problem in the entire western world now a days, where people, especially young people are ignorant! They simply do not care, it takes too much effort trying to understand something, and therefore they would rather be un-informed. I know this first hand, since most young people here are just as ignorant as the Americans in the video. They might score smarter on an IQ test then me, but do not use that intellect, and that is the problem.

I personally think its a failing at every level, starting with the family in most of the western world. I fear for the future sometimes. Going into the education field has made me realize that in an effort to make sure everyone get treated the same and no one "fails" they have dumbed things down to the point that teachers make their kids color instead of reading, because it might be to "hard" for Timmy and no one wants to hurt his self esteem.

The traditional family unit is dying, teachers are hamstringed by PC bullshit and ludicrous curriculum controls, No Child Left Behind is complete and utter bucket loads of fail.

Gahhhhhh I need a new career field Angry
They Call Me SpitFire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 02:17:25 pm »

I as an American child am ignorant. I can barely learn anything on the news all they talk about is Ana Nicole Smith or Brittany Spears or Jessica Simpson, they don't know anything about the Eastern World.

I have to look up my news online which is probably 40% accurate half the time.

American Ignorance has Three Main Clauses

1. News-
  The news is pretty shitty over here, always biased. All the talk about is antiwar, celebs,  or election day thats all I can hear about around here. I bet you if a bomb blew up in Las Vegas and killed 30ppl, some thing about Jessica Simpson would be on instead.

2. Parents(Family)-
  Half of parents in a America anymore don't care about there kids education, they try to make them some superstar basketball/football player. Or some rapper. In one of my classes 60-70% of the children were failing. Guess who? The people who want to be basketball players or superstar singers or actors.

3. School-
  The school system at a local elementary or middle level is shit. The can barely teach us anything. There is usually disciplinary shit going on or some Mr. Kid day(my principal) 15mins a day for 2weeks talking about a Mr.Kid day. We sure aren't doing to much in this.

Well my conclusion would be to work on these things if we ever want a "smart america" some of the smartest people are americans and europeans. Why? They usually get better education, but we are having smaller&smaller passing students each year over here, cause we are working on bullshit that doesn't need helped like building a new tower in New York what a waste of tax dollars that could have been devoted to education or otherstuff.
   Thats my opinion. I'm only 13(thirteen) so try not to flame me 'cause I'm wrong. Thats just what I've seen through some experience.

Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone
Just the one-two of us, who's counting on
That never happens
I guess I'm dreaming again
Let's be more than
No, oh
Crush
Crush
Crush
Crush, crush
(Two, three, four!)
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 02:45:29 pm »

I have to look up my news online which is probably 40% accurate half the time.
Agree, however, if you look up more different sources you will get a broader picture then normally. I believe would be better off checking out news written by non-political correct news. Who actually tell you what happens no matter what!

1. News-
  The news is pretty shitty over here, always biased. All the talk about is antiwar, celebs,  or election day thats all I can hear about around here. I bet you if a bomb blew up in Las Vegas and killed 30ppl, some thing about Jessica Simpson would be on instead.
I do not know, since i am a Norwegian. However over here the journalists are 70% leftist. So i am forced too think for my self when i watch then news. "What are they saying happened? What really happened? Why did it happen?" I would actually say that what is on TV now is more dangerous than what was on propaganda posters in the 1930's. You see the propaganda posters are blatant about what they mean, the TV now, is more sneaky and not blatant at all. They only have a slight bias.

2. Parents(Family)-
  Half of parents in a America anymore don't care about there kids education, they try to make them some superstar basketball/football player. Or some rapper. In one of my classes 60-70% of the children were failing. Guess who? The people who want to be basketball players or superstar singers or actors.

I actually have not seen this problem too such an extent. In Norway people don't generally don't fail classes before they stat turning 17-18. And they normally only fail the hardest classes, say as engineering math. Maybe thats because our school is so dumbed down that it is almost impossible too fail. Or maybe it is just the difference in the mindset.

3. School-
  The school system at a local elementary or middle level is shit. The can barely teach us anything. There is usually disciplinary shit going on or some Mr. Kid day(my principal) 15mins a day for 2weeks talking about a Mr.Kid day. We sure aren't doing to much in this.
Never had that problem here, so don't know too much about it unfortunately.

Thats my opinion. I'm only 13(thirteen) so try not to flame me 'cause I'm wrong. Thats just what I've seen through some experience.

For someone too be 13 and actually have an opinion in todays society is too me the light in the far end of the tunnel. Stand up for your beliefs! Keep it up!
LekyIRL Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 02:51:34 pm »

I don't think the american school system is that bad. I prefer it to my own. I haven't actually been to school in america,so I don't know what you teach people, but based on what my sister has told me,it sounds quite good.

In my opinion,some American's don't seem to realise that there is a world outside their borders is because the US is huge. I was overwhelmed when I went there.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 03:14:07 pm »

Thanks for the input flack Wink  and its not necessarily the school system in general everywhere its the minorities in several cities.Its not bad, but its not what it could be. I don't know I  live in West Virginia where nobody cares about us Cheesy
Wraith547 Offline
15th Panzer Division
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 04:04:54 pm »

The issue with US school systems falls into two primary categories

1. There is an apathy among children towards specific subjects, particularly history and english. I think this is a result of a society that Old Klash mention; one more concerned with Paris Hilton than the effects of the civil war. This is expounded by the apathy that is shown by parents who don't push their children to succeed. Much like the author of the essay, I was pushed as a child to read and I was exposed at an early age to literature. With my schooling (complete as of tomorrow at 9:45AM) I don't have much time for pleasure reading, but I do consider it something I do for FUN. This is also in large part due to the decay of the nuclear family (ie two parents and children). It is a established fact that children who have both parents are more likely to be successful and with divorce rates in the US at almost 50% these things go hand in hand.

2. There is a significant restriction on what teachers can actually do to educate children. There is essentially no wiggle room in lesson planning. You have specific goals that must be accomplished each day. This is well and good, but half the time these goals are idiotic and do little to actually educate the students.

For example, a teacher is expected to spend 45 minutes teaching about the way of life of Native Americans in pre-colonization America, but are expected to cover the entire Great Depression and WWII in one 90 minute session. I for one think this is completely ridiculous.

This is further compounded by the assumption that we need to make sure that everyone is kept on the same level, ie teaching to the slowest child. This just hold every other child back and is ignorant of the fact that some students really just don't care about their education.

During an interview I had with a school system here in Virginia, I was being offered a position teaching 7th grade Literature and Social Studies. I was given a run down of a daily schedule that each class is expected to follow. 15 minutes instruction, 15 minutes visual interactive exercise alternating for 90 minutes. In other words you can't teach the whole time, you are required to teach for 15 minutes and then let them color for 15 minutes...... unbelievable.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 04:13:12 pm »

yes Wraith that is so true and is a major problem.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 04:27:14 pm »

Agreed with everything Wraith said, after watching what my dad has gone through as a teacher I couldn't do the same.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 04:44:38 pm »

The reason the school systems fail is the leftist bullshit that everyone should feel good about themselves and we shouldn't teach anything that could possibly offend anybody. As such, the lessons are not challenging until college, the subject matter is usually one sided and filled with holes, and nobody wants to fail any kids because its "negative".

Some schools actually got rid of anything lower than a C grade, calling it "Incomplete" and you just have to turn in a couple assignments to show you were paying some attention to get it back to a "Pass". Its retarded, the school system has gone soft, and our kids are losing out because of it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc