Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:06:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i want BOTB skins  (Read 18302 times)
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2008, 07:22:33 am »

Sturm did a lot of good work on his mod, but it still has too little content yet. BotB on the other hand is a very good, complete mod.
Lets get on vent later and play some BotB. 

BOTB is not really balanced to be honest.,,

Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2008, 08:09:36 am »

Wow!  Fortress Europe sounds awesome!

Will definitely have to give it a try tonight!  How balanced is it?  Man, if we could combine those gameplay changes with EiR's amazing persistancy and backend, we could rule the modding world!

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2008, 08:12:54 am »

I'm not really a fan of Fortress Europe, it feels rather arcade-y, recycled gameplay, and more than a little aimless, IMO EIR is better for more reasons than persistancy.

That's just my opinion, though.  And Salan's.

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2008, 08:15:59 am »

I'm not really a fan of Fortress Europe, it feels rather arcade-y, recycled gameplay, and more than a little aimless, IMO EIR is better for more reasons than persistancy.

Hmm... I'll still give it a try, though your review does not sound as promising as the mod's description.

In what way is it arcade-y when it sounds like the idea is to strive for realism?
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2008, 08:26:39 am »

All the resource points on a map are replaced with strategic points that you fight over, but they don't seem to have an appreciable value; most of the time, you're probably better off letting the enemy come to you.  You're basically spamming large infantry squads w/LMG and grenades, throw them at the enemy and spam grenades to make your opponent retreat first.  Reinforce when you retreat and repeat.  There are tanks and support weapons thrown in for good measure, but the tanks are few and far between (thusly ATGs have limited value as well), and support weapons seem to be more of a novelty in the end when faced with the infantry masses.

You know what it reminds me of?  There's this WWII map I played a couple times on Warcraft III... yeah.  That map was fun, but I'm not in WCIII anymore.

<EDIT> By all means though, give it a try.  That's just my opinion, and I wouldn't exactly call it a chore to play Tongue
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:14:55 am by CommanderNewbie » Logged
salan
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2008, 10:22:13 am »

you dirty little man..

I actually REALLY like fortress europe, way way more then BOTB.  Botb is artillery spam warfare, Fortress europe takes artillery in a different direction.

there are so many functions that both of these mods are doing that stand out, they are trying to get away from vanilla COH... thats the biggest draw for me.

I really only post these on EIR's site hoping that the devs check em out and can use some of the ideas to increase the potential of this mod...
BradAxis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2008, 10:23:46 am »

so.... did any1 finally post the skin packs?
salan
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2008, 10:26:24 am »

All the resource points on a map are replaced with strategic points that you fight over, but they don't seem to have an appreciable value; most of the time, you're probably better off letting the enemy come to you.  You're basically spamming large infantry squads w/LMG and grenades, throw them at the enemy and spam grenades to make your opponent retreat first.  Reinforce when you retreat and repeat.  There are tanks and support weapons thrown in for good measure, but the tanks are few and far between (thusly ATGs have limited value as well), and support weapons seem to be more of a novelty in the end when faced with the infantry masses.

You know what it reminds me of?  There's this WWII map I played a couple times on Warcraft III... yeah.  That map was fun, but I'm not in WCIII anymore.

<EDIT> By all means though, give it a try.  That's just my opinion, and I wouldn't exactly call it a chore to play Tongue

actually to fix your opinion the author of the mod is releasing 0.3 where the annihilation mode runs off of a % of the map captured for 4mins = victory.  AKA eir conquer conditions.

the point of the map and capping really doesn't seem to effect resources, everyone gets the same amount (AKA eir.. zomg?)  at basically the same rate, it might change with the manpower, i can't remember im sorry (i believe it does but not sure) and after a while you STOP getting resources, meaning you only have what you have on the field to survive with and whatever you have to resupply with.  

the 0.3 version introduces map win conditions, if you own 66% or more of the capture points for more then 4 minutes your team wins the fight.  he'll adjust as needed im sure.

It's a squad based mod  (nothing comes in singly except the big tanks) that barely uses vanilla resource setups.   totally recommend trying this one out, maybe ucross will take a look.
salan
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2008, 10:40:48 am »

actually i just realized..

his mod name is FORTRESS EUROPE... but his website is

Fortress europe, europe in ruins

heheh!

uhmm.. hmm maybe its dash's alter ego ?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2008, 10:43:20 am »

Fortress Europe is pretty much a sister-mod from Europe in Ruins .
Sturmhaubitze, the author of this mod started out almost at the same time fl- did, they both had a vision and he ran as a development member for our mod for a little bit, more as an adviser than an actual developer though Tongue. As you can see, his website is also hosted on the EiR webdomain Wink.

I think their roads eventually split because Sturm wanted to go a whole new direction in terms of gameplay (unit/weapon stats, etc) where as fl- wanted to stick close to vCoH and add persistency.

Btw, make a new thread about Fortress Europe/BOTB or something, this one's getting a little cluttered.
salan
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2008, 10:57:12 am »

ahh, ok i'll make a different thread, silly me..

and ya i did recognize the name from way back, wasn't sure though
CatinHat Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2008, 08:35:45 am »

what happen with the skins ?

I just want to use the 7th Army's Panther skin and maybe the tank ruins ...

BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2008, 08:52:49 am »

/signed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc