Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 09:40:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.0 fails Phils outburst  (Read 22014 times)
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« on: May 21, 2008, 02:51:06 am »

Im sorry did i say somthing wrong? i was asking if the mod is done let me clarify was that directed at my question phil?

Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 03:05:41 am »

Weird, I thought my post was quite clearly directed, and it wasn't at you Nevyen.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:08:48 am »

Ok i think it was the timing i posted and that came out im with you in principle but i guess still sad its come to this
PlagueAngel Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 03:11:31 am »

NO MORE GAME BEFORE RESTART WAR ? ( REFRESH TERRITORIES )
Haroquen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 03:23:54 am »

I think, judging from all of this, I can safely say the prospect of 2.0 has driven a small constituent of people insane.

I hate. <3
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:52:11 am »

the fact pickles mon was mentioned in bold told me his rant was directed at that particular person Smiley.
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 03:52:31 am »

Ok i think it was the timing i posted and that came out im with you in principle but i guess still sad its come to this

As elite as I am, I did not write that response in 11 seconds Smiley
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 05:20:27 am »

In the "Why 2.0 fails" we mostly talked about some good things in changes of development procedure that EiR would benefit a lot from. The few unsensible respones should obviously be ignored. They help noone. 
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 05:32:12 am »

Wow, I'm a little confused about what's going on Shocked.

Anyway, why not make the source code for the mod available if you'll call it a day though? I'm sure many other mods could benefit from it (like Fortress Europe) and who knows, it might appeal a successor to rise. This is just hopeful thinking but it's better than the code just getting dusty on fl-'s laptop Smiley.

Europe in Ruins has done some amazing things for COH and the modding scene and is by far the most advanced modification around, would be a shame to just give that all up, but if it does happen, I completely understand.
I personally had a blast these last 15 months and for that I'm grateful.
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 05:42:42 am »

I don't know if I should be glad or sorry for finding this mod so late.
Back in early 2007, I searched a mod for CoH, I looked at EiR, but I was too afraid of PvP in a RTS, I could be bad and harm my teammates somehow.
So I decided for K-Mod.
If I would have taken EiR back then, I would now be one of the bored veteran players, I would have seen the heights of this mod;
But now that I'm new, I'm still having fun with the mod, as I didn't try out everything, yet I'm sorry seeing this mod decaying when I'm new to it.
I would just want the new war to start, and I fully understand FL if he wan't to retire.
I once tried making a small mod for Warcraft 3, it's incredibily easy as you don't need to know any coding, I worked 3 years on it without ever releasing it, and then I stopped.
Still fills half a Gigabyte of space on my harddrive.
And now there are still people complaining about Fldash being tired of the mod while he already has achieved so much.
I don't get it.

@Phil : Would have been just my reaction. Kudos to you, my friend!

Hey, it's not going to happen
octide Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 05:43:57 am »

I'm a programmer - I could help...

I also have experience with mods (for HL2 that is) and I must say its a shame that you guys have what so many modders want ( a great community wanting to play, its not huge, but with the new factions it would grow again ) and hell even a new ModDB award and you're so willing to throw that away.

On the other hand, I can fully understand that you have no obligations to continue it if it aint fun for you no more, and that i got kinda sick of my own mod at times as well.

Yet I think that this behaviour doesnt exactly encourage other people who would be capable of helping with development to actually do it, because in the end, when you decide to pull the plug its all gone and if somebody (for example me) worked hard then it would be a shame.

If you're no longer (or atm not actively) developing the mod, why dont make (parts of it) open source?
For example the protocol that the launcher uses, its a simple thing to do and would enable everyone to write their own launchers.
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 05:48:15 am »

Would love a personal launcher! Cheesy Decide from different types with different rating systems, map updates and icecream Cheesy!
But didn't Fl stated he doesn't wan't someone unworthy to do the job?
He may not trust other people, while the launcher is as far as I know Phils work, who is still here.#
We could use this thread for an actual discussion, maybe open a Help Wanted thread anew.
We derailed it anyways. Smiley
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 05:51:13 am »

Guys, don't act like it's all over (open source code lol). I think we can still get PE and Brits integrated into the current system, since FL said the new factions would be ready. With comparativly little work EiR would gain a lot, with new game material for months. Maybe this also sparks some fire again.  

And Unknown, you still fail at The Hidden.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 05:56:13 am »

I very much doubt that's going to happen Apex, fl- said himself that he wasn't too sure if he really wanted to release just the OF factions. And what good would that do? It would only keep the mod running for a few additional months if there are no upcoming updates.

In addition, fl- wouldn't be around for technical assistance, and it could be crawling with gamebreaking bugs. Who will fix those, Ucross? I don't think so.
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 06:02:31 am »

I think you are misinterpreting fldash. As far as I understood it, he was uncertain about whether to just release the new factions into the current system or whether to continue to work for 2.0 as big package. You could hear that he is less interested in EiR these days, but I doubt that he just wants to throw it all in the garbage.

Now I understand Unknown, you just want the Source Code for your own BotB Mod!  Wink
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 06:13:20 am »

I think you are misinterpreting fldash. As far as I understood it, he was uncertain about whether to just release the new factions into the current system or whether to continue to work for 2.0 as big package. You could hear that he is less interested in EiR these days, but I doubt that he just wants to throw it all in the garbage.

Well he should make up his mind about it, I hope he continues it, wether by adding PE & Brits with later upgrades or by continueing the 2.0 project. If not, he should at least release the sourcecode so others could benefit from the amazing work he's done in the past 15 months. It would be an incredible shame to just quit the mod and let all that code go to waste.

Now I understand Unknown, you just want the Source Code for your own BotB Mod!  Wink
I don't even see how it could contribute to the BotB mod tbh. Wink

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:16:39 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
octide Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 06:16:43 am »

ok maybe misinterpret fl-, okay, but APEX what is there to misinterpret about phil's

The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it.

??
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 06:39:03 am »

Lol don't listen to Phil. He's angry about the little 14 year old thai girl that is sueing him for sexual seduction. In court, he tried to build up his defense around the fact that she chained him to the bed first, and that he was the one beaten with the paddle by her, but failed due to the neighbours statement that the screams sounded like from a women.  Wink

Apart from that, Phils justified emotional response was directed towards the stupid post pickles wrote. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:45:39 am by Apex » Logged
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 06:42:10 am »

That´s how Phil roles afaik.

He is right.
Its not there duty/job to code for ppl on the internet that generally act like dickheads.

How are we to say; fldash, get seperated, ditch your wife and get back on the mod!
He stated clearly and understandable that his wife is more important and evryone here over a given age shoud be able to understand that.

Just Chill.
EiR is great as it is right now. If your bored do something else or join us in other games we play togther and with WE i mean the EiR Community. Maybe 2.0 is just a state of minde, a idear that keeps us togther?
I woud prefer to say that the fun we all have and had with EiR and with each other makes us a outstanding Community.

I woud understand and recommend to just delet evry "when does 2.0 come out?" Topic and post.
I know that Apex post was ment to help, to decrease the workload, but thats up to fl- and he doesn´t do things halfhearted.

Eleven Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 07:06:42 am »

I sure hope the mod doesn't die.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc