Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:46:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: actually a little sad...  (Read 6950 times)
salan
« on: May 21, 2008, 11:21:56 am »

I am a bit sad to see EiR on the brink.  I believe that this experience has been one of the best, and potentially frusterating, experience I have been part of on the net.  I have never found a mod I have so badly wanted to help succeed that I would do almost anything I could to lend a hand to.

Dash, you are a mystery, I must say.  you are very personable and polite and easy to talk to on vent, but you are so quiet on the forums it is hard to truly understand your plight.  For all of the heartake and headakes I may or may not have caused with being a vocal minority in the community, I wanted to thank you for your efforts, your time, and your patients with us, the mob.

Ucross, I said it in the pm I was talking with you there, you have accomplished more with EIR in the time since you took lead then the year previous.   People might have been sick about seesaw balancing but I can understand the foundation behind what you were doing and the amount of work you put into this mod is litterly unseen by any of us in the community.   Thank you very much for your investment in something that was a hobby to you, and an addiction to us.

Phil, you crazy fucker.. its about time you got mad!  all the time you sit there and everyone mocks your lack of work, and yet EiR litterly would not be here without the time and effort you yourself put in to this point.  you do deserve a break, even if the masses are biting at the bit for more...

Roflmao, you may never get to take over phil's launcher with your war map, but from our conversations and the ones to come in the future you are by far one of the most intriguing people I have gotten to know in a long time, it was nice when you started to be part of the community as well.

Lai, unknown, apex, stumpster, forefall , blah blah... the disolved balance team...   while you guys head butted endlessly and ultimately got very little done, I also wanted to mention a thank you for the love you put into this mod.  People see arguments as a bad thing, opinions as one sided and progress as slow.  in truth the only reason any of those happen is because someone feels an investment in their heart or mind.   Like many of the community members here you guys really put yourself out there to try and better the mod and help where you could... ahh to be the inside man, an enigma for sure... you want in, but once you are in, do you want out?
coughstumpstercough

ultimately what I am saying is simple..

thank you, thank you for your time, your efforts.  take a break...  but please don't let the mod die.  I for one will continue to serve this community to the best of my ability and I will do what I can to bring more new blood in, as well as continue to tie those whom I have formed a friendship with together as has been the last year.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:39:26 am by salan » Logged
Wraith547 Offline
15th Panzer Division
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:27:23 am »

/signed

I agree with everything said here, especially the part about not letting EiR die.

Fl-, just give the word and I assure you there are a multitude of people here willing to step in and take care of your baby until you are ready to reassume the position of [God].
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:29:17 am »

/signed

BrotherGlacius Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:30:10 am »

***** /signed

***** Brother G.
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 11:31:13 am »

/signed

Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 11:31:58 am »

thank you, thank you for your time, your efforts.  take a break...  but please don't let the mod die.  I for one will continue to serve this community to the best of my ability and I will do what I can to bring more new blood in, as well as continue to tie those whom I have formed a friendship with together as has been the last year.

QFT!

/signed
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:07 am »

/signed

Especially:

I believe that this experience has been one of the best, and potentially frusterating, experience I have been part of on the net.  I have never found a mod I have so badly wanted to help succeed that I would do almost anything I could to lend a hand to.

I am proud to have had the opportunity to do my part in map making, managing the mapping forum, and signing people up on Vent.

I definitely understand the burnout.  It's the reason I have barely worked on 6p_Rheims in the past month.  It's really hard to keep up the stamina to keep pouring your creative energies into something.  Especially with all the competing demands on your time.

In any event.  I agree with Salan.

PS - Wraith's comment about the [God] position just drives home the amusing religious overtones.  And lo the faithful shall await the return of their leader to usher in the second coming of EiR and the golden age of CoH modding.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 11:44:29 am »

May I note something here?

Is it not that the developers got 'pissed' because of players excessively demanding updates?
If everyone were to simply wait somewhat longer, weeks, months or years, that doesn't matter.
This is the game you got and it works fine, yet you demand something that has to surpass the stage of the mod as it is now? (before the demanding became uncontrollable)
You came here playing this game, you liked it so you stayed, you don't like it you strayed away, you get bored you find something else, perhaps returning someday.
Still, I found this mod to be a great experience, something which I never saw before and something with which I never get bored with. (I usually get bored pretty fast though) Credits to fl-, Phil, UCross, rest of the (former) development crew and the members of the community who contributed to the mod (like salan, stumpster or even thtb  Smiley)

But alas, I'm just a kid, my opinion doesn't really change things, though it calms me down just as I type this. Somehow...

Also, if I forgot something or mentioned something wrong, please do note my errors but do not harass/burden me with it, for I have no intent to do such things.

~~Falcon333

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 11:56:11 am »

go on: signed Smiley.
DerangedGerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 12:08:38 pm »

/signed

Proud mapper for both OMG and EIR.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 12:42:21 pm »

/signed, especially

I have never found a mod I have so badly wanted to help succeed that I would do almost anything I could to lend a hand to.
For all of the heartake and headakes I may or may not have caused with being a vocal minority in the community, I wanted to thank you for your efforts, your time, and your patients with us, the mob.

CatinHat1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 12:47:17 pm »

very nice

signed

116th Leichtes Panzer Battalion
"Windhund"

Medal of Perseverance:
From Last War-TWZCatinHat (41.6 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcL6DwSufMI&feature=related
salan
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 09:10:11 pm »

/signed!  errr
Thirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 09:17:08 pm »

Good stuff as always.
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 09:56:19 pm »

Agreed, very well done Mod for what is has presented thus far, I personally have been looking forward to the eventual release of 2.0 to inspire me to make more maps for this great mod.  Lots of fun times have been had and I will definitely be keeping up with the latest news in the community. Smiley

Life or Lack There Of
GammaCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 10:01:34 pm »

I may not be playing much since the last two wars, but my support for this mod is undying. If there's any mod that has ever achieved so much, it is definitely this one. We don't have the rights to arbitrate whether or not you should work on this mod, but I'm sure almost everyone, if not everyone, would be sincerely glad that you keep this mod alive.

/signed

AirborneCommander - Blank
DeltaCommander - Blank
ThetaCommander - Axis Defensive
GammaCommander - Allied Armor

http://snarkersville.myminicity.com/tra

http://snarkersville.myminicity.comhttp://snarkersville.myminicity.com/ind
muha2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 10:28:30 pm »

Well, lets hope the mod picks up eventually, for the time being, Ill go play something else.

I have deep respect for all the modders out there, you peopel are the ones who make games fun.

GG
Migi Offline
See airborne should get SMG's too!
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 11:09:02 pm »

I sing to the part of thank you all very much, as far as helping im so strapped for time and my own wife problems and cant commit to help.

thank you guys so much,
Migi

DM_Craft Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 01:09:53 am »

/signed
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 07:51:18 am »

Well said Salan. Thank you guys for all the work and effort. You've done a fantastic job in making a mod that is so fun to play.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc