Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:49:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Here  (Read 6488 times)
Kotyonok Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 12, 2008, 08:02:25 am »

Hello all, I just stumbled across this mod via filefront and I got really excited when I saw the community, so I was curious if anyone could guide me into the game lol
(i did watch the tutorial and get set up fine)

Thanks all,
Koshka

"Love is finding beauty within imperfections."
~Me
"Be the change that you want to see in the world."
~Ghandi
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
~Albert Einstein

That's my philosophy so far.
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 08:08:47 am »

try a few 1v1's before you play larger games give me a call i would be willing to give u ur first game and so would a large % of this community also its best to get vent as if u need a question you will generally get an answer!
Kotyonok Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:11:00 am »

I'll be on tonight (workin at the moment) but I've been reading up and I'm extremely excited.
I do have vent and a headset so I'll get that set up.
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 08:14:45 am »

i'm so glad from my perspective it seems no 'newbs' have any idea how to get vent but its a releif to finally get one!!
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:16:38 am »

I do have vent and a headset so I'll get that set up.

That alone will make you a much loved newb.  If you need any ventrilo help, send a forum PM to me or Salan (we are Vent moderators).

Welcome to the mod!

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 08:18:44 am »

Welcome aboard!
Be sure to download the mappacks (see map building forum -> map database) as most maps are played on these excellent custom maps Wink.
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 08:20:38 am »

Welcome aboard!
Be sure to download the mappacks (see map building forum -> map database) as most maps are played on these excellent custom maps Wink.
but dont ever play Road To Carentan, abbeville or veirville! they are the worst maps in the mapack!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 08:37:39 am »

Brad's just jealous because he doesn't have any COH-related skill himself. They're in fact some of the most popular maps and you'll have a blast playing them... I can guarantee you that! If not, you can always sue me Smiley.
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 08:52:53 am »

Brad's just jealous because he doesn't have any COH-related skill himself. They're in fact some of the most popular maps and you'll have a blast playing them... I can guarantee you that! If not, you can always sue me Smiley.
no Unk i'm just jealous of having no mapping talent and i'm just windind him up his maps are generally the best options when playing EIR
Kotyonok Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 08:58:19 am »

Wow, I think I'm going to really enjoy it here  Grin
This seems like an amazing community lol
and I tend to be a happy newd that enjoys learning my way out of it O,o
btw, I go by both Kotyonok and Koshka (they both me Cat/Kitty in Ruski).

OH! AND
I'm a DJ and I love making any type of music, just wind me up and put me in a direction lol
I'd love to help out on music for the mod if anyone would like.
Kolath Offline

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 09:04:19 am »

I'm don't think that the EiR devs were planning on doing any custom music, but one of our veteran community members, Akranadas, put out a call for creative talent over in this thread: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php/topic,5726.msg100799/topicseen.html#new
Kotyonok Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 09:12:25 am »

To Kolath: Thanks I was just pming him about that lol I love to get involved in a community as good as this one.
and btw Kolath, I totally friggin love your dp Long Live Starcraft!
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 09:46:37 am »

We all know that Starcraft is cool.  Tongue
Spamming your units all over the map  Roll Eyes

why is everyone except me retarded?
plaperriere3 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 10:59:42 am »

Hey all...im a newb too.  Played a total of 4 games thus far...and Im at a 50% ratio with the allies.  I got a freind of mine that joined as well...and we usually play together.

In a nutshell...here are two requests:

1)  Sent a PM to Kolath for help setting up Ventrillo.  Been using Skype with my friend to communicate, but I understand that Vent is the way to go in this Mod.  I have XP and he has Vista.  Need some help getting that all set up.  It is downloaded on both our machines...just need to figure out how to set it up.
2)  Looking for some people to help us out, being newbs and all.  We both have been playing COH for some time...with very respectable records...so, we know the game.  But, it is pretty obvious that there is a learning curve with EIR and it will take a bit to get used to.  But, since there seems to be an outcry for more allies, and developing these newbs into better players...gonna need some good ole help.  If anyone is interested in joining up and playing...please send me a PM and let me know when you'll be on so we can look for ya and join up.  Im EST and he is PST...so we generally are on around 9:00pm est. 

We really are eager to get better at this, so all the balance "conversations" that have been posted that i have been reading will be related more to the MOD, and not the community.   Wink
Seems like there are more axis players and less allied players...so there are 2 here willing to come up the ranks to pound on some Axis butt!  Thanks all.

Plap Grin Grin
The_Saint Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 11:14:58 am »

We all know that Starcraft is cool.  Tongue
Spamming your units all over the map  Roll Eyes

lay off starcraft that game got me into RTS's and besides the same shit happens in most RTS's anyhow.
plaperriere3 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 11:44:43 am »

Hey all...im a newb too.  Played a total of 4 games thus far...and Im at a 50% ratio with the allies.  I got a freind of mine that joined as well...and we usually play together.

1)  Sent a PM to Kolath for help setting up Ventrillo.  Been using Skype with my friend to communicate, but I understand that Vent is the way to go in this Mod.  I have XP and he has Vista.  Need some help getting that all set up.  It is downloaded on both our machines...just need to figure out how to set it up.
2)  Looking for some people to help us out, being newbs and all.  We both have been playing COH for some time...with very respectable records...so, we know the game.  But, it is pretty obvious that there is a learning curve with EIR and it will take a bit to get used to.  But, since there seems to be an outcry for more allies, and developing these newbs into better players...gonna need some good ole help.  If anyone is interested in joining up and playing...please send me a PM and let me know when you'll be on so we can look for ya and join up.  Im EST and he is PST...so we generally are on around 9:00pm est. 

We really are eager to get better at this, so all the balance "conversations" that have been posted that i have been reading will be related more to the MOD, and not the community.   Wink
Seems like there are more axis players and less allied players...so there are 2 here willing to come up the ranks to pound on some Axis butt!  Thanks all.

Plap Grin Grin
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 11:47:56 am »

Plap Grin Grin
if u see me online ill give you guys a try!
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 11:51:07 am »

Isn't 9 est like 1 in the morning here brad?
plaperriere3 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 12:01:31 pm »

Smithy/Brad - you guys overseas?  I am at work now...and if you guys are on now...you have to be in the far eastern part of Canada or somewhere in the Atlantic   Huh Huh.  Either way...I will look for you Brad.  Thanks.
Kolath Offline

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 12:08:52 pm »

Brad's in Ireland Scotland.   We have a lot of players from overseas.  Apex and Thtb are German.  Unkn0wn is Belgian.  Saint and Brad are Irish.  Akranadas is in the UK I think.  Nevyen is an Aussie.  Salan is in vancouver.  I'm in Washington, DC.

Welcome to the mod!

*Edit*: The last page of this thread has people's ages and locations:

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php/topic,3677.180.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:11:32 pm by Kolath » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc