Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:25:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Left 4 Dead i dont know if theres another post sorry moderators Sad face :(  (Read 6337 times)
GoOutside Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 06, 2008, 11:05:22 am »

so turtle rock studios is releasing Left 4 Dead and i will try to the best of my abilities to educate those who do not know of this Possible gem of a game. It is strictly survival co-op with deathmatch capabilities. Ppl will get to play as survivors or special boss zombies if the survivors are filled up. only 4 survivors are available and a unique item to this game is the AI director. Basically its like an overmind AI that controls the flow of the game. For example, if you are those ppl who think that because its the zombie apocalypse and you seem to believe that a higher power has deemed you the bane of the zombies well get this. if you leave your teammates out the AI director will pummel you into submission by singling you out... haha i laugh at you thinking that because you're on a car and you happen to be able to own 10 or 12 zombies suddenly crap yourself because you now come against at least 20 or maybe 30 zombies running at you. and i dont mean resident evil trudging zombies think like 28 days later im gonna run at you then F*** you up then hunt down your family and F*** them up zombies. then you'll wonder why your teammates were not able to help you. Another thing is that they dont throw at you 10 or 12 for the 4 of you to deal with. they will hurl the whole city at you. you may run out into a street and all of a sudden out of every possible door, empty street, and window like (im exaggerating here) 50 or 60 zombies running at you and i mean a shit load. Also the AI director (from what turtle rock and valve has said) will monitor your stress levels such as your accuracy and the amount of time you do running away and will create safe points with ammo and health. This is not to mean this will happen every time you run low on health or ammo but if things are starting to get REALLY REALLY HARD!!! and you are able to survive the brain fest it will create one for you. HOWEVER!!! just because you are in it doesnt mean you're safe zombies will come in and try to mess you up in the worst way possible unless you actually lock the door and even then the windows can be used. NOWHERE IS SAFE!! and finally since if you die too fast cause your aim happens to be affected from too much caffeine or you have early onset parkinsons you just dont die you will fall on the ground and get to shoot zombies with your pistol until a teammate comes over and helps you stand up. This is meant to be co-op as in it will take you more than 100000000000000000000000 tries(exaggeration) on easy co-op to win. So if you knwo anything else that i did not say or wish to challenge me by sending your address i will gladly oblige (might need to send train/air fare)
P.S. turtle rock has already been releasing this game to several game reviews for previews and let me say that they all seem to point to one thing. If those great ppl whose jobs it is to play games seem to be having the world's toughest time beating this you may like the SUPER UBER TOUGH CHALLENGE!!! they also point to this game being SUPER AWESOME!!!
GoOutside Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 11:06:14 am »

whoops forgot to add the link  Tongue
http://www.l4d.com/
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:37:29 pm »

http://www.buzzin.net/english/punctate.htm

L4D does look pretty good though, after RE4 and what a disappointment that was it's about the only zombie game I'm interested in.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 04:09:31 pm »

Wow, wow wow.... Stumpster... you thought RE4 was a disappointment?! Wha? How?

I've been following L4D forever now, I can't wait for it to come out! What I'm truly waiting for, but who the hell knows when it will see the light of day is No More Room In Hell. That is going to be the best thing zombie to happen in gaming. www.nomoreroominhell.com

But until then, L4D will satisfy my zombie/crazies craving.

I'm so hyped on L4D, I have money set aside for when it comes out so I can immediately buy a copy for me and my girlfriend.

"Let me open with a magic trick, I'll make this pencil disappear!" - The Joker

*if anyone knows the exact quote please tell me =)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 04:10:25 pm »

RE4 was great, especially on the wii.
Dr.Nick Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 04:11:48 pm »

RE4 was awsome and I've been waiting for L4D since they announced it.

Spammable Award

The 'Spammable Award' goes to the member who has well... spammed the most out of 1 unit throughout the war and who actions have been talked about doing such thing.

And the winner is......Dr. Nick with his close to 50 Airborne
MasonDonn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 04:15:43 pm »

so turtle rock studios is releasing Left 4 Dead and i will try to the best of my abilities to educate those who do not know of this Possible gem of a game. It is strictly survival co-op with deathmatch capabilities. Ppl will get to play as survivors or special boss zombies if the survivors are filled up. only 4 survivors are available and a unique item to this game is the AI director. Basically its like an overmind AI that controls the flow of the game. For example, if you are those ppl who think that because its the zombie apocalypse and you seem to believe that a higher power has deemed you the bane of the zombies well get this. if you leave your teammates out the AI director will pummel you into submission by singling you out... haha i laugh at you thinking that because you're on a car and you happen to be able to own 10 or 12 zombies suddenly crap yourself because you now come against at least 20 or maybe 30 zombies running at you. and i dont mean resident evil trudging zombies think like 28 days later im gonna run at you then F*** you up then hunt down your family and F*** them up zombies. then you'll wonder why your teammates were not able to help you. Another thing is that they dont throw at you 10 or 12 for the 4 of you to deal with. they will hurl the whole city at you. you may run out into a street and all of a sudden out of every possible door, empty street, and window like (im exaggerating here) 50 or 60 zombies running at you and i mean a shit load. Also the AI director (from what turtle rock and valve has said) will monitor your stress levels such as your accuracy and the amount of time you do running away and will create safe points with ammo and health. This is not to mean this will happen every time you run low on health or ammo but if things are starting to get REALLY REALLY HARD!!! and you are able to survive the brain fest it will create one for you. HOWEVER!!! just because you are in it doesnt mean you're safe zombies will come in and try to mess you up in the worst way possible unless you actually lock the door and even then the windows can be used. NOWHERE IS SAFE!! and finally since if you die too fast cause your aim happens to be affected from too much caffeine or you have early onset parkinsons you just dont die you will fall on the ground and get to shoot zombies with your pistol until a teammate comes over and helps you stand up. This is meant to be co-op as in it will take you more than 100000000000000000000000 tries(exaggeration) on easy co-op to win. So if you knwo anything else that i did not say or wish to challenge me by sending your address i will gladly oblige (might need to send train/air fare)
P.S. turtle rock has already been releasing this game to several game reviews for previews and let me say that they all seem to point to one thing. If those great ppl whose jobs it is to play games seem to be having the world's toughest time beating this you may like the SUPER UBER TOUGH CHALLENGE!!! they also point to this game being SUPER AWESOME!!!

Block of text crits My Eyes for 9999 points of burn damage
My Eyes Melt.
Fanboism Crits your brain for 850 stupidity points.
Your IQ drops by 60.

In other news, ive been following L4D for a while. Looks fucking sweet.

Quote from: Mikehalo
IM GONNA V1 YOUR VAGINA!
"Never fight with an Idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience."
A tank is an angry metal house that moves
Official Stupid Picture poster
Les Marais - Map WIP
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 05:12:55 pm »

My Eyes Melt.
Your IQ drops by 60.

Hahaha, That's great!

L4D does look pretty sweet!

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 05:23:16 pm »

RE4 didn't have the same 'Oh shi-' feeling that the earlier RE's were.  It was still fun, yeah, but it's just that the horror part of the genre wasn't as easily found.  Hopefully, L4D restores that (and I'd be surprised if it didn't after what we've seen of it).
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 07:25:19 pm »

RE4 didn't have the same 'Oh shi-' feeling that the earlier RE's were.  It was still fun, yeah, but it's just that the horror part of the genre wasn't as easily found.  Hopefully, L4D restores that (and I'd be surprised if it didn't after what we've seen of it).

Ahh, in that regard, I can agree with you. There weren't really any "crows/dogs bursting through the window" moments, or "licker our of the corner of your eye" moments. The scariest part of RE4 is when those regenerator creatures start showing up with the slow breathing... oh man those things were scary as heck!
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 01:04:01 am »

In RE4 you can lvl up your fucking Guns, thats Diablo feeling right there.

Always shoot the villagers in the kneecap, so they bendover and I can kick them. Then it was knife time.

Go_Outside Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 05:44:33 pm »

My Eyes Melt.
Your IQ drops by 60.

lol i apologize for the pain and excrutiating fail of my block texting but then again my IQ does drop from time to time and since you appear to be an eager fan of L4D i will gladly take this blow curled up in the fetal position crying for my mommy haha
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 09:39:46 am »

Yet have learnt nothing from the abundance of help and examples of perfectly decent (not perfect) grammar and punctuation in the rest of teh thread.

L4D looks great, but they are now overdue and it's starting to flag, they need to get it out and do a team fortress with it (add shiny shit later).

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
salan
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 09:59:38 am »

i was thinking of looking at that game for the wii.  What made it so good on that console?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 10:23:33 am »

The controls, immersion +++
DerangedGerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 10:52:44 am »

Sadly, only 1 really scary monster in the entire game, though.

Those creepy invisible bug things in the sewers.

Proud mapper for both OMG and EIR.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:02 am »

i have never played a RE game, but the new one looks cool.
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 02:58:01 pm »

i was thinking of looking at that game for the wii.  What made it so good on that console?

Do it do it! It's one of the few non-party games where the wii mote actually makes playing better. I played RE4 on the PS2, then my girlfriend got it for the wii, and I ended up playing through the game again just because using the wii more was so much fun. i couldn't really tell a difference between the graphics either, it's a really good port. Just uhm, be careful if you sneeze near the merchant... my girl friends first encounter with the merchant she sneezed and stabbed him and killed him so had to wait longer til she could start buying stuff  Cheesy
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 04:51:38 pm »

Game looks real awesome!

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc