Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:53:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawn of War 2 gameplay  (Read 11537 times)
tiberian288 Offline
EIR Regular

« on: July 16, 2008, 02:34:11 pm »

go to this website

http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html?tag=event_nav;live

the Dawn of war 2 gameplay is on soon according to the time of this post
check the Schedule on the page (scroll down a tiny bit)
Note: times are in pacific time

The war to end all wars
The END has begun

Axis- tiberian288
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:28:12 pm »

Try thursday.
lompocus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:42:22 pm »

It's O.K.

Honestly, CoH is awesome and all, but there's a reason I'm not buying add-ons to CoH Wink. This is just another Coh, which is awesome, but ya know....buy that, OR buy a billion other awesome games!

http://bd1.battledawn.com/referx.php?serv=5&ref=1449
^ The best time waster...EVAR!!!!
 _ - + _ Lompoc Certified  _ + - _
Daereon Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:46:56 am »

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37237.html

Just thought I'd supply you guys Wink Though I've been playing DoW since a few games, and I can say I'm starting to get pretty pumped up myself for part II, it's a really great universe for games Cheesy
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 04:40:16 am »

The Gameplay video, as much as they try to hide it, proves my fear right.

Imo;

Its "just" CoH with new units. If you look at the animation´s you see that its not very smooth,  like when they go from ranged to melee combat they first go to standart stance, then into melee.
I want to see orc-blobs charcing at marine´s and then the first few marines in the line learn how to fly, kinda like in the first DoW / Medival 2. I want to see how they go straight from running into running them the over.

The units are also hardly affected by what happens to them. Look at it, a fucking huge plasma explosion hits  several different units and they all just keep going doing what they did, completly ignoreing it, unit movement seems awfully slow, the melee attack from the one eldar unit with a spear obviously "hit" the 2end marine, but did no dmg to him ....

-Just pissing of the fan boy´s.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:42:52 am by Thtb » Logged

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 05:14:47 am »

Silly thtb,

CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 09:29:19 am »

Imo;

Its "just" CoH with new units. If you look at the animation´s you see that its not very smooth,  like when they go from ranged to melee combat they first go to standart stance, then into melee.
I want to see orc-blobs charcing at marine´s and then the first few marines in the line learn how to fly, kinda like in the first DoW / Medival 2. I want to see how they go straight from running into running them the over.

The units are also hardly affected by what happens to them. Look at it, a fucking huge plasma explosion hits  several different units and they all just keep going doing what they did, completly ignoreing it, unit movement seems awfully slow, the melee attack from the one eldar unit with a spear obviously "hit" the 2end marine, but did no dmg to him ....

horray for alpha builds?

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
IrisDane Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 09:33:01 am »

It's O.K.

Honestly, CoH is awesome and all, but there's a reason I'm not buying add-ons to CoH Wink. This is just another Coh, which is awesome, but ya know....buy that, OR buy a billion other awesome games!
yeah its the same old game it'll be good but try an fps or an rpg those are good.
LionelAxis
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 10:05:28 am »

Imo;

That didn't happen in the first DoW.

The only units that actually "charged" sorta like that were the Grey Knights.
Skunker Offline
Koenigstiger Panzerfuehrer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 10:28:58 am »

Imo;

-Just pissing of the fan boy´s.
Just like CoH was dawn of war with new units and graphical updates? Yeah.

Btw, lack of polish = early build.  Also, FUCK YES SYNC KILLS! Epic.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:32:27 am by Skunker » Logged

Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 10:48:53 am »

Even if it is a alpha build its no raw gameplay footage, its shown in the best way they coud show it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 11:26:33 am »

Even if it is a alpha build its no raw gameplay footage, its shown in the best way they coud show it.

This man speaks the truth.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 11:57:07 am »

i have to agree with the spear thing... that was a wee bit silly, and the plasma blast that those orks seemed obvious too.
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 03:00:06 pm »

Does anyone know how these hero style sergeant units are going to work? Are they only in the single player campaign or are they in normal multiplayer as well like how the heroes worked in Warcraft III?

"Let me open with a magic trick, I'll make this pencil disappear!" - The Joker

*if anyone knows the exact quote please tell me =)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 05:40:10 pm »

From what I heard about the 30 minute mission preview, those 30sec-1min gameplay video doesn't do the game justice.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 09:19:01 am »

Hey. time will show, but at least i am not over-hyping the game to a point where you are disapointed from a good game.
GammaCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 10:25:58 pm »

Does anyone know how these hero style sergeant units are going to work? Are they only in the single player campaign or are they in normal multiplayer as well like how the heroes worked in Warcraft III?

Do you mean the heroes or the sergeant in squads? The heroes can be rebuilt after they die and Sergeants are upgrades per squad. At least this was how it was done on DoW. I'm pretty sure they're keeping it the same.

AirborneCommander - Blank
DeltaCommander - Blank
ThetaCommander - Axis Defensive
GammaCommander - Allied Armor

http://snarkersville.myminicity.com/tra

http://snarkersville.myminicity.comhttp://snarkersville.myminicity.com/ind
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 10:29:37 pm »

Everything you've heard about dow2 is related to single player
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 04:43:30 am »

From what i saw in the trailer it kinda looks like the solo-soldier is a bit more independent or at least not so obviously attached to his squad members.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 12:34:50 pm »

its just CoH with melee combat, heroes, advanced squad AI, an overhaul in graphics. and pretty much the next generation on RTS. it may use essence 2  instead of the COH essence engine but you will see a large similarity in the way the game acts.

yes it is essence 2 it has been confirmed by relic. also the campaign is supposed to be very persistent how you do in each mission will effect how the rest of the campaign goes, with multiple endings per race.

there's a great interview about it ill look for a link.

o ya though you only get 6 squads they can level up and get better and more powerful armour and weapons as they go on to each new battle. they have yet though to release any info on multi player and there is a big debate over who is the 4th race.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc