Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:33:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DS Games?  (Read 4035 times)
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 26, 2008, 02:58:47 pm »

Uh, I have no idea what happened to my Nintendo DS game thread? Mod PM me if there was something wrong with it? Knowing these forums I can understand how any thread can get quickly out of hand, but a thread about the DS?

"Let me open with a magic trick, I'll make this pencil disappear!" - The Joker

*if anyone knows the exact quote please tell me =)
Warbirds Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 02:59:52 pm »

Game coming out for DS is a new GTA.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:00:53 pm »

Crazy, I remember replying to that thread too.

Anyways, like I said last time: Advance Wars.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 07:32:30 pm »

Game coming out for DS is a new GTA.

Grand theft auto? no way! ill keep an eye out for that.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 11:05:28 am »

Advance Wars really good Stumpy?
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 11:06:14 am »

Advance Wars really good Stumpy?

It's really good. Like, REALLY good

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 11:10:56 am »

What makes it soo good?  IF I remember right is is WiFi capable so is the multi good or single player?
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 11:53:09 am »

Advance Wars: Dual Strike is more of a funny TBS game, often making fun of it's own genre.  It's a bit more lighthearted that Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (just came out) but there are some serious balancing issues.  The Dual Strike abilities can break a lot of games once you get the hang of them, and the CO Powers (special abilities that commanders can unleash once you've killed enough units) can range from excellent (Eagle for instance gets to move all his mechanized vehicles twice in one turn) to rather...silly.  All CO's have their upsides and downsides as well, which is great because there are a ton of playable characters.  The game really doesn't seem to get old.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is a much grittier TBS game.  Meteors destroy 90% of the world, some madman is running around killing some d00ds, and you're nothing but a lone army cadet that gets rescued by the remains of a division.  Overall, I haven't enjoyed it as much as the old ones, but I think that's just because it broke away from a lot of the things that made the old AW's 'overpowered'.  CO Powers have been toned down, and now you attach your CO to a specific unit that gives an upgrade in offense/defense around itself.  Makes it a bit more tactical, and definitely more difficult to get a CO Power, because only units around your CO add to the bar.

I'd at least recommend trying to see if you can bargain-bin AW:DS as it's been out for a while and it's a blast to play.  And I haven't tried any multiplayer other than the hotseat, I'm not sure how it works out on WiFi.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:55:29 am by stumpster » Logged
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 01:51:55 pm »

Advance Wars: Dual Strike is more of a funny TBS game, often making fun of it's own genre.  It's a bit more lighthearted that Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (just came out) but there are some serious balancing issues.  The Dual Strike abilities can break a lot of games once you get the hang of them, and the CO Powers (special abilities that commanders can unleash once you've killed enough units) can range from excellent (Eagle for instance gets to move all his mechanized vehicles twice in one turn) to rather...silly.  All CO's have their upsides and downsides as well, which is great because there are a ton of playable characters.  The game really doesn't seem to get old.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is a much grittier TBS game.  Meteors destroy 90% of the world, some madman is running around killing some d00ds, and you're nothing but a lone army cadet that gets rescued by the remains of a division.  Overall, I haven't enjoyed it as much as the old ones, but I think that's just because it broke away from a lot of the things that made the old AW's 'overpowered'.  CO Powers have been toned down, and now you attach your CO to a specific unit that gives an upgrade in offense/defense around itself.  Makes it a bit more tactical, and definitely more difficult to get a CO Power, because only units around your CO add to the bar.

I'd at least recommend trying to see if you can bargain-bin AW:DS as it's been out for a while and it's a blast to play.  And I haven't tried any multiplayer other than the hotseat, I'm not sure how it works out on WiFi.

didn't know there was an AW: Days of Ruin?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc