Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:31:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIRRMod Introduction  (Read 11866 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: November 10, 2008, 02:20:23 pm »

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to let you know Im here, a bit of background, and what my intentions are in regards to the current direction of EIR.

Like fldash, I am a bit of a solo-coder - one that can get things done with a bit of assistance from others, nothing can be reasonably completed by one person alone.  My direction takes a more object oriented route, but one that has the same ultimate goal - a balanced mod where gameplay is held higher than exact realism.

For now, I wish to remain anonymous - mainly so that my actions are the focus rather than taking changes personally.
Im quite a laid-back kind of guy, so while I may flame/get flamed in a topic, it can easily be forgotten and we can move on to the next topic.  In short, you may find it difficult to insult me without getting personal - which is why Im anonymous for now.

Im also open to discussion, as long as it is well informed and/or well presented - I say or because posts seldom contain both  Roll Eyes

So, lets move EIR forward into the next few iterations and enjoy blasting the heck out of each other!

Cheers
E

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 02:28:34 pm »

Welcome!
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 02:32:22 pm »

Welcome in the hell!

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 02:35:07 pm »

Welcome Sturmhaubitze (lol?).

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 02:41:35 pm »

Hey guys,

The balance completion up to the last version will indeed be what I tackle first.

Will post about the stormies in that thread Wink

UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 02:42:56 pm »

So will we take the stormies thread as a base for all further balace discussion from now on?
Or is this just because it's the only running discussion?

Hey, it's not going to happen
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 03:02:27 pm »

Can't we rollback to 10000 manpower? This tank spam is really boring.

Salan said that he give us choise bettwen armor and inantry, but show me person buying infantry instead of tanks. 10000 is just ideal number IMO.

And why edit button doesn't work?
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 03:06:41 pm »

its the pricing scheme drak, the other one I had worked up made it work.  This version of pricing with no spam control fails Sad

EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 03:32:14 pm »

Continue the discussion here, its live and specific to Stormies only.
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 04:20:35 pm »

[double post than as it goes into the direction here now which I adressed in the stormie thread]

Hey everyone

If I may throw in my 20c here, I think what should be considered is this

If we are having a fresh start here, why dont we try to go over to a single resource based system now.
I just finished setting up a new axis defensive battalion and after I was done with the first layout i thought "hell, where do i put all that fuel left over, I dont need it" and I had to dissasamble infantry to get PzIV's to get all my resources spend.

With a single resource system we would have more freedom of choice regarding company layout. It would enable the creation of 'theme armies' like all infantry and so on, but still able to win battles, as you than can have more AT guns / mortars and so on. etc etc

Just a thought, dont flame me away guys Smiley

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 04:26:51 pm »

Because we tried a different resource system under Salan (while you were gone, I think) and it flopped under negative criticism.  Frankly, I personally found it to be a worse alternative to what we have now.

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 04:36:27 pm »

about the tank spam draken, I dont know if there is still a replay around made in that battle, but there should be one about a nice match on bastion where (I may be mistaken but I think salan himself was it, playing his armor company that way some time ago) salan had his 6 or what shermans out against us with his tank spamming doctrine choice and we managed to win (alltho loosing a vet3 tiger or panther) with fine anti tank management.

Those spams (like any spam tactic) are deniable since quite some time, its just a question of company layout and micro. If you have a flaw in your layout you can get spammed, its the balance and the micro that prevails.

Just remember, tanks cant capture territory.

And thats even more a reason to move on to a single resource system as we could more quickly figure out flaws in pricing balance.
I hope you get what I want to say, its my evening beer time Tongue

Just readin that post newbie, yeah I was gone allready than. Humm, what was the real problem than? I would love to hear about it, is there a Vent or TS server up again for EiR? (vent status is showing me a blank page, I assumed its gone for good for now)
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 04:39:42 pm »

There's another vent up now, don't have the info with me at work but I hope someone can help with that.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 04:47:44 pm »

Huh? So now the community has to choose to split and go on one Vent or the other?  I see no need for that, infact I think its rather stupid, because all of us will play both I believe.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 04:48:06 pm »

Tanks spam is not problem for me, i mean i beat it easy, but it's boring, beacause I don't have to balance my army so much. Especialy when axiz is defending...
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 04:56:31 pm »

Well than there you go, you cant expect everyone to get down to the "how to" right away. Teach them by raping their tanks Smiley

I guess I wont give much of a good figure either in my first matches after this long pause
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 04:56:36 pm »

Huh? So now the community has to choose to split and go on one Vent or the other?  I see no need for that, infact I think its rather stupid, because all of us will play both I believe.

Wait, what?
ForcemanTLS2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 05:01:14 pm »

I think newb means the OMG vent...
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 05:04:18 pm »

Yes, Forceman.  Draygon, stop being a bone-head Tongue
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 05:04:49 pm »

Ah, here's the info... since I can't edit posts :

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php/topic,400.0.html

New vent stuff is there.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up