Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:20:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edit: Suppression fire OverPowered(!)  (Read 30579 times)
aloha628 Offline
EIR Regular

« on: December 06, 2008, 06:09:49 pm »

2 riflesquads can kill 2 stormtroopers with 2x mp44 both by just activate suppressive volley--> after 5 seconds they are completly suppressed and die  Angry
I think you should be able to buy suppressive volley in your company menu for about 20-30 mun (it costs 40mun in vCOH)

Edit comment: get the topic name right. Nothing is more annoying than incorrect nomenclature in the topic.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:45:33 am by Lai » Logged
Scaevola Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 06:12:09 pm »

I agree that it is really overpowered in that it can kill two storm squads, but its really the only thing BARs have going for them against Axis infantry weapons. Remember, allies can only get rifleman with BARs as mainline infantry (non doctrinal).

A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Leaph Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 06:13:55 pm »

BARs are aso a global upgrade in vcoh. I'm sure any decent allied player would give up 200 mp and 60 fuel in a heartbeat for free BARs on all of his riflemen. In other words, unless you are using vet 3 KCH, you have to treat BAR riflemen very differently than you would regular ones, just as vehicles must treat stickies differently (though they are less obvious)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 06:43:05 pm »

The problem is more to do with the Storm troopers bad suppression resistance then the Suppression Ability.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 06:43:58 pm »

Add Cheap bars to the mix and you have a winner...

aloha628 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 07:06:21 pm »

I agree that it is really overpowered in that it can kill two storm squads, but its really the only thing BARs have going for them against Axis infantry weapons. Remember, allies can only get rifleman with BARs as mainline infantry (non doctrinal).

1. allied played normalley blob them..no axis "counter" blob has a chance against them, especially not if they use suppressive volley
2. in most 2v2 or 3v3 there is 1 player who is on infantry or airborne doctrine and has paras or rangers. It IS the only non doctrinal inf but normally and allied team has rangers or paras too

and 20-30 mun for a suppressive volley is not too much if the axis player lose 2 or more squads...

BARs are aso a global upgrade in vcoh. I'm sure any decent allied player would give up 200 mp and 60 fuel in a heartbeat for free BARs on all of his riflemen. In other words, unless you are using vet 3 KCH, you have to treat BAR riflemen very differently than you would regular ones, just as vehicles must treat stickies differently (though they are less obvious)

1 rifle squad with BARs can kill a grenadier or stormsquad without upgrades easily. So they are strong enough..and with suppressive volley they are just OP

u can stop them with a MG ONLY, nothing else
on the other side, 2 BARed riflesquads can easily stop 2 stormtrooper squad, each with 2x mp44, if they are in cover, the storms are running toward the rifles which are using Sup. volley!

OPOPOP
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 07:17:31 pm by aloha628 » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 07:25:58 pm »

ok then, maybe we should take away intensity from terror then because it makes an lmg as good as a .30 cal at suppressing and if you combine  more than one lmg, it's insane and that's just a T1 ability.

Also, when the volley is activated, it's obvious if you're listening and if you get away fast enough you can avoid it, i've seen it done more than once, so dont tell me it's this uber suppression thing.

and bar's aren't cheap, they're 75, lmg's are 80 and lmgs are good no matter what, but bars are mainly effective with suppressive fire and then you gotta wait 3 minutes to use it and they also dont do a lot of damage vs the lmg. YOu ever see lmg's on a gren w/ scopes? just insane, and then there's father land defense and other doctrine abilities that make axis we apons uber powerful, while the allies get nothing like that. The only allied abilities that make any weapon better are reapers, and the 2 t2's on the amoured doctrine. The axis get a lot of good stuff to make their untis better and it's not obvoius sometimes. I once had 5 rifles get raped by 2 grens with lmg's because of activated abilities, so dont tell me that bar's are all powerful, because i used supppressive fire and before the grens got down, the bars that were using it got killed.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
MasDonn Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 07:30:51 pm »

1. allied played normalley blob them..no axis "counter" blob has a chance against them, especially not if they use suppressive volley
2. in most 2v2 or 3v3 there is 1 player who is on infantry or airborne doctrine and has paras or rangers. It IS the only non doctrinal inf but normally and allied team has rangers or paras too

and 20-30 mun for a suppressive volley is not too much if the axis player lose 2 or more squads...

1) Whatever happened to combined arms? Use an HMG or a tank on that blob. Win. Or jsut use vet 3 KCH.  Tongue
2)Rangers and Paras are priced well, AND they are also pretty damn fragile without doctrine upgrades. Also, Zooks suck.

1 rifle squad with BARs can kill a grenadier or stormsquad without upgrades easily. So they are strong enough..and with suppressive volley they are just OP

on the other side, 2 BARed riflesquads can easily stop 2 stormtrooper squad, each with 2x mp44, if they are in cover, the storms are running toward the rifles which are using Sup. volley!

OPOPOP

Uhh, isnt that the whole point of upgrades? TO kill other unupgraded units easily, and be on par with upgraded units? Huh
LMGs are only 5 more mun, get unlimited suppression abilities, and a muuuch better kill factor. Unvetted lmg squads shred vet 2 bar squads in med-short range.

MG Only? Tanks, offmaps, artillery, mortars, kch, flanking, tactics, combined arms.....
Also, what are you doing running stormtroopers into BARs in cover? That is suicide for anything, and is common fucking sense. If your going to use that as an arguement, might as well say "Nerf HMGs because I cant run rifles at it an kill it!"

MasonDonn - Airborne
MasonDon - Defensive
MasDonn - Infantry
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 07:36:31 pm »

You can hear suppression fire being triggered btw.
aloha628 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 08:12:10 pm »

ok then, maybe we should take away intensity from terror then because it makes an lmg as good as a .30 cal at suppressing and if you combine  more than one lmg, it's insane and that's just a T1 ability.

Also, when the volley is activated, it's obvious if you're listening and if you get away fast enough you can avoid it, i've seen it done more than once, so dont tell me it's this uber suppression thing.

and bar's aren't cheap, they're 75, lmg's are 80 and lmgs are good no matter what, but bars are mainly effective with suppressive fire and then you gotta wait 3 minutes to use it and they also dont do a lot of damage vs the lmg. YOu ever see lmg's on a gren w/ scopes? just insane, and then there's father land defense and other doctrine abilities that make axis we apons uber powerful, while the allies get nothing like that. The only allied abilities that make any weapon better are reapers, and the 2 t2's on the amoured doctrine. The axis get a lot of good stuff to make their untis better and it's not obvoius sometimes. I once had 5 rifles get raped by 2 grens with lmg's because of activated abilities, so dont tell me that bar's are all powerful, because i used supppressive fire and before the grens got down, the bars that were using it got killed.

you ALWAYS win with BARs + suppressive volley against axis inf and you cant move your infantrie back because they are suppressed Wink
aloha628 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 08:18:17 pm »

1) Whatever happened to combined arms? Use an HMG or a tank on that blob. Win. Or jsut use vet 3 KCH.  Tongue
2)Rangers and Paras are priced well, AND they are also pretty damn fragile without doctrine upgrades. Also, Zooks suck.

OPOPOP

Uhh, isnt that the whole point of upgrades? TO kill other unupgraded units easily, and be on par with upgraded units? Huh
LMGs are only 5 more mun, get unlimited suppression abilities, and a muuuch better kill factor. Unvetted lmg squads shred vet 2 bar squads in med-short range.

MG Only? Tanks, offmaps, artillery, mortars, kch, flanking, tactics, combined arms.....
Also, what are you doing running stormtroopers into BARs in cover? That is suicide for anything, and is common fucking sense. If your going to use that as an arguement, might as well say "Nerf HMGs because I cant run rifles at it an kill it!"

so BARs should be able to kill everything, because they are upgraded`?  Huh
lmg does more damage than BARs but not when they are suppressed!
a 3 minute cooldown for sup. volley?!?!? omg you have up to 6 rifle squads on the field at the same time 3 or more of them with BARs-.-
your arguments are these of an allied player...only allies playing player!
UnLimiTeD4 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 08:22:40 pm »

Seriously, this is getting hillarious.
But I'll try to stay serious.
1. If they have BARs, don't charge in, stay at range, axis infantry is superior at high ranges.
If you hear suppressive fire, move back a little and wait 10 seconds out of range.
Not a long way. You got range superiority.

2.Ever heard of fighting in cover?
3.How about using mortars? Artillery? Anything mentioned above.
4. While supression is activated, they don't hit.  No damage.
After it runs out, just get a squad of MP40 Volks from behind the lines to protect your pinned unit.
Don't charge into BARs, You wouldn't charge into HMGs aswell, and they cost less munition.
MasDonn Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 08:31:13 pm »

Aloha, Dont go there. Ive played axis. You can pretty easily counter BARs, and ive seen my LMGs rip BARs apart even suppressed. Also, Sup Fire has about a 10 minute cooldown, which really means its a one-time use. Find some of the many tactics, and use them. If you cant adapt to them, dont cry nerf.
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 08:44:16 pm »

stop spamming lmg grens and use mg42's.....
Snarks Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 09:02:52 pm »

2 riflesquads can kill 2 stormtroopers with 2x mp44 both by just activate suppressive volley--> after 5 seconds they are completly suppressed and die  Angry
I think you should be able to buy suppressive volley in your company menu for about 20-30 mun (it costs 40mun in vCOH)

Hm, you were defeated by Combined Arms of BAR SF + the other squad delivering the killing blow. You have to be cautious on how to use your MP44s. They are not wtfpwn everything weapons, don't use MP44s against BAR Riflemen who can counter your Stormies. Rather, use your MP44s to bypass and eliminate MGs, ATGs, lone squads, and etc.

I'm not Minehold... I punctuate on my forum posts.
aloha625 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 07:41:00 am »

so i only can only kill BARs directly with a HMG? weird...
Solo Wing Pixy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 07:44:03 am »

so i only can only kill BARs directly with a HMG? weird...

not really, i have 1 big gun you get anther bigger gun

Airborne Division
300th Paratrooper Battalion
Captain SoloWingPixy88
UnLimiTeD2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 07:51:35 am »

A single Bar squad will likely lose to a single LMG squad, if both can reach yellow cover.
Btw, if you have 2 strom squads, and see a bar squad in cover, circle behind them, so their cover is worthless, come close, kill them in 5 seconds before you hit the dirt, run back, cloak, repeat.
Bars are like mobile HMGs, and accordingly expensive.
Bars supression is denied by green cover, they are Defensive weapons just like Stormies.
aloha628 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 08:37:10 am »

Allies:: 2543 Territories [489 Commanders]
Axis:: 457 Territories [578 Commanders]

something is inbalanced...
Stranger491 Offline
Seargent Stranger
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 08:52:32 am »

Not really. just the noobs are all going to the axis side.

Every mission with me is a suicide mission.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc