Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:01:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eliw00d's Balance Proposal #1  (Read 13677 times)
eliw00d Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 01:25:44 pm »

its all to do with the meta game, and not having everything accessable to everyone ... arguing that the stuka should not be doctrine specific because it was not in vanilla COH would be the same as arguing that the tiger should be open to everyone even though it was doctrine specific in vanilla.

its that way for a reason (and its not based on vanilla as the game is essentially a rewrite from what vanilla is) which includes balance of doctrines and units on both sides.

Your argument doesn't make sense. Yes, this is not vCoH. Yes, the Tiger is doctrine-specific. However, nobody is asking for the Tiger to be made a core unit. My argument is completely valid: why should the Axis lose important core units when the Allies lose none? Again, this is not vCoH, but aside from the Stuka and Officer, it is entirely BASED off of vCoH. Tigers being unlocked by the Blitzkrieg doctrine. Hmm. Pershings by the Armour doctrine. Hmm again. Pattern, perhaps?

Making core units core units again will not upset balance, ESPECIALLY if said units only get a bonus if you play defensive. Their cost is relatively high as to prevent entire companies devoted to them, and their overall effect in wars might not even be much - BUT! ... having that option is the reason behind this. The Stuka is a very important piece of artillery for Axis players, both in vCoH and EiR. It bridges the gap between Nebels and Allied artillery.

By your logic, we should make the Crocodile Sherman a doctrine-specific unit.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 01:51:09 pm »

It isn't going to happen.  Deal with it? 

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
UnLimiTeD6 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 02:06:21 pm »

way to argue.
I think thats a great idea, crocs only for Armor! Lips sealed
Doce Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 02:13:52 pm »

Flaks and Howies are both t1 in EIR but t3 in vanilla. Fix plz!

"How many in a dozen, mofo?"
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 02:19:05 pm »

Flaks and Howies are both t1 in EIR but t3 in vanilla. Fix plz!

Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 02:53:40 pm »

well, i dont really have a problem with stukas being doctrien specific, especially considering, thinka bout how awesome they'd be if say, there was a tiger and a stuka on the field, or if heavy support on terror could use a stuka. Leave it as is.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 04:24:41 pm »

Heavy support only affects HMGs, Mortars, Snipers and ATGs. It does jack shit to the nebelwerfer, why should it do anything to the stuka?

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008, 04:37:15 pm »

Heavy support only affects HMGs, Mortars, Snipers and ATGs. It does jack shit to the nebelwerfer, why should it do anything to the stuka?

i didn't say it did, but you combine the two dude. Heavy Mortars and stuka's? total arty rape.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 04:42:25 pm »

Axis mortars are awesome without heavy support already. (Range buff doesn't work on them currently btw)
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2008, 04:48:17 pm »

Axis mortars are awesome without heavy support already. (Range buff doesn't work on them currently btw)

Well that's totally gay, seeing how that's my T4.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 04:49:04 pm »

It's still an amazing T4 though.
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 04:50:37 pm »

Depends, for the Sniper, HMG and the Mortar it is godlike. But for the ATG, notsomuch. I don't need 50% more health on my ATG, it just get circled by allied armour anyway.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 04:52:18 pm »

The extra range on the pak is awesome...
UnLimiTeD2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 04:58:03 pm »

Range works on Mortars, just not the Barrage.
You really need to scout.
Think of it, the extra damage is fair enough on mortars.
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 05:04:06 pm »

Extra damage, where do you get that from? It affects: Health, range of fire and line of sight.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 05:10:54 pm »

Extra damage, where do you get that from? It affects: Health, range of fire and line of sight.

He was including the T3 right before which gives +20% damage/suppression to HMG's and Mortars.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
eliw00d Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2008, 06:43:09 am »

Please keep things on topic, guys. We are talking about Stukas and Officers becoming core units.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 01:52:12 am »

I don't know about Officer being the core unit. It really works more in the Infantrie Company other than in Blitzkrieg or in Terror so I'd rather have Officer stick as a Doctorine spesific Unit. After all it belongs to section Officer Training.

Stuka zu Fuss however...I want that mobile little thingy that fires 6 big cans of boiled vodka ontop of Allied infantry and buildings (it burns too! =D)

Blitzkrieg the only unit without valid long range artillery besides the Mistshooter that might be lucky enough to one shot a squad in a building if it gets range, nah no. As Schultz have said in one thread.

When playing vs Good players Mistshooter's use drops from 1 to 0 and I have to agree with it. No matter what fortress you have in front of it always something comes to kill it and if that killer fails in it. Well there is always some sort of arty. Each allied Doctorine grants a beautiful offmap or on-map arty. Airborne gets bombing runs and strafing runs, Armor gets Calliope and then infantry gets offmap howy shots and on-map howy shots. Each of those makes tiny 6 barreled 150mm Holiday Fireworks utterly useless...

With Stuka you have a chance as a blitzkrieg player to clean up buildings and static positions allies likes to build around. Hell it as well sorts the incoming ranger spams too =D its not a I WIN BUTTON! As someone clearly mentionated earlier it is just a "Help me" button for every player.
How in hell will an Axis Player with Blitzkrieg ability only go through 2 Tank Reapers AT guns protected by 2 or more MGs and a mortar and a rifleman squad with stickies? I don't know really any other option except "Circle the defence" when it is usually widely spread. And by this time. I think most infantry players already have Tank Reapers and most people have their Tier Fours...

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
gamesguy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2009, 04:18:35 am »

I don't know about Officer being the core unit. It really works more in the Infantrie Company other than in Blitzkrieg or in Terror so I'd rather have Officer stick as a Doctorine spesific Unit. After all it belongs to section Officer Training.

Stuka zu Fuss however...I want that mobile little thingy that fires 6 big cans of boiled vodka ontop of Allied infantry and buildings (it burns too! =D)

Stukas dont burn, the fire animation does no damage.  Only nebels, firestorms, incendiary nade, and incendiary shell from the mortar HT burn.
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 07:25:26 am »

And exploding flamethrowers.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc