Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:21:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjust price recoilles rifle  (Read 19480 times)
Bristiles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2009, 02:38:04 am »

Really I'm in favour of leaving RR's where they are and just reverting the tanks and LMG's back. Vet 3 for tanks doesn't even do anything anymore. LMG's used to be more expensive than schreks, suddenly they are now 30 munitions less? Doesn't make much sense.

your point? when you can just send in human waves of RRs there is a problem and LMG are an effective counter to that problem. stop whining because your air born don't WTFPWN every single unit. if you run into an LMG idk USE A GRENAID, they cant fire while there moving problem solved. i like my LMGs they work and they don't WTFPWN airborne anyway so stop whining.

o ya what dose vet 3 for axis tanks do, dam airborne kill mine just as they reach vet 2.

wrong account. this is Lt Apollo

its not the fact that they are good against airborn its the fact that the price of the LMG makes it so affordable that the airborne have absolutly to move. I am an AB commander and it seems that every wave of enemy carries at least 1 LMG to rupress my units. Im new and since I have A max of vet 1 i dont have jack ditily squat as far as surpression goes and if it werent for having a friend playing that might be enough to drive me off i know several of the people i have gottten to start quit because the vetted companies wipe us in the first 5 mins and there doesnt seem to be any point in playing out the battle.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2009, 04:05:38 pm »

Schreks cost 110 a piece. Recoilless cost 110 a piece.

Schreks do more damage, recoilless are more accurate and penetrate more often.

Well, there you go, handheld AT is perfectly balanced.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Wildfire
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2009, 04:24:27 pm »

you know, he has a point. For AB, they only 2 get RR's and for grens and storms, you have to buy the scheck by piece so meh...
notenome Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2009, 05:10:01 pm »

you're forgetting the setup time for schreks, which means that if a tank manages to get inside the squad the setup time and relic pathing dictate that the whole squad will almost certaintly get annihiliated as they keep running around and dying instead of actually firing the damn gun.

Not to mention that its not as easy to say that one has acc and pen the other has dmg so voila! Balance attained.

RRs squads, particularly bc of the fire up ability, can chase vehicles, schreks cant. Their accuracy at long range is abysmal and the setup time means that by the time they get setup the tank is out of range (if it is retreating). Setup time also leads, if I remember correctly to a slower ROF. Ultimately this makes the schrek only really good at close range AT, which means it must be supported by a pak (or more likely, be supporting a pak) whilst RRs can and very often are used as an purpose AT.

To illustrate the point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjjN7DP4Yq0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc