Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:30:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Triage Centers  (Read 6956 times)
TeaSeeOhAxis Offline
EIR Regular

« on: January 01, 2009, 05:48:16 pm »

Just curious, but why are Triage Centers restricted to only Infantry Company? I find it kind of odd that Americans have to be a specific doctrine to heal their units, while Axis get medkits in all Doctrines(even getting an extra doctrine ability to improve effectiveness), as well as getting free health regen over time at vet 1.

Wouldn't it be fair to allow all American Companies to get Triage Centers?

I see from search results that Triage's were seen as imbalanced, so as a compromise if this did happen, up the munitions cost?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 06:13:34 pm »

I believe it's there for faction differentiation. Same with repair bunkers being blitz & terror only and officers and stukas being made defensive only.
TeaSeeOh Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:51:15 pm »

But such a core essential being made into a unique unit? I'm sure Axis players would think it a bit odd if, say, Defensive Doctrine was the only one where you could use medkits.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:29:48 pm »

Put it this way, would you like to see vet 3 airborne being serviced by a triage centre 100% every game?  Grin
ssystem Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 11:34:09 pm »

Put it this way, would you like to see vet 3 airborne being serviced by a triage centre 100% every game?  Grin
I would Tongue

ShockCoil
TeaSeeOhAxis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 12:32:46 am »

Well, vet 3 KCH, Grens, or Storms can get serviced 100% of every game. Thing is, medkits can't be targeted, while Triage Centers can. Which brings up another comparison. Would anyone like seeing vet 3 Tigers, King Tigers, or any other Axis tank being serviced to 100% with Repair bunkers?

I can only imagine the horror when the Jagdpanther gets implemented, btw.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 12:34:54 am by TeaSeeOhAxis » Logged
SittingDuckbe Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 03:46:58 am »

damn m8, a vet3 king tiger that gets healed constantly, thats horrific !
But when the Jagdpanther comes, there will also be the Firefly to sneak up on it and blow it to pieces!

I also was wondering about the same thing why only Infantry division can build triage, every axis player can heal their soldiers when they're hurt, but only infantry can do this with the Allies.
I vote for upping the price (to 100 or so) and at least letting airborne also have the Triage.
Wildfire
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 03:57:31 am »

:sigh: y bother
UnLimiTeDTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 05:23:13 am »

I say: Up the price to 100 manpower 160 Munitions and let infantry players get a 40-50% decrease in cost Wink 
Also, only 1 per player on the field Cheesy

Man, this discussions grew so old :/
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 07:10:30 am »

What troll made triage undestroyabel by smal guns fire like hmg mp40?

They where cheep due they where WEEK to destroy, Now they are just cheep and good

Stfu Triage is op and you know it, put 1 triage near the building and a ranger squad and a hmg in a building = p3own

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 08:52:45 am »

Triage is unbalanced.

EIRRmod wont fix it. Like so many obvious things....

SittingDuckbe Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 08:57:31 am »

Why is it unbalanced? Shouldn't Ally forces be able to heal themselves too?
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 09:04:49 am »

Allies:: 2859 Territories
Axis:: 141 Territories

ummm... No?

Yes, Axis have some op units and Allies have some op units, leave it and be happy!!
EiR:R Will soon be out (?) and we all be happy
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 09:10:22 am »

You may not know that it normal was at 240 ammo and that the axis repair bunker is twice as expensiv as the triage center witch is the strongest building in the game short of the flak88.

Please play axis against my inf company ( 7 win 0 lose), then come back.
Mrawr Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 09:26:19 am »

You may not know that it normal was at 240 ammo and that the axis repair bunker is twice as expensiv as the triage center witch is the strongest building in the game short of the flak88.

Please play axis against my inf company ( 7 win 0 lose), then come back.

Lol.. Check this guy out.. He's trashing a guy who merely asked a question.  BTW Thtb.. maybe if you played some worthwhile players for those seven games you might be singing a different tune.

Please gather more experience and data before spouting off like that.

As for the rest of this thread.. if you haven't noticed.. The infantry and Airborne companies are allowed to receive significant discounts to increase the amount of forces they can bring to a battle.. while their units are weaker, attrition can be the game in some cases. The health regeneration on Axis infantry at vet 1 is very very small in comparison to how quick a triage can heal and send units on their way. Most axis infantry will never be able to get re-healed in time for them to be effective again. The medkit is a small boost of health for 15-30/35? munitions depending which unit it is on.

Frankly there's nothing wrong with triage centers the way they are in my opinion seeing as if it's not on the front line you're bringing your infantry back to get healed and probably losing ground in the process. Which is a fair trade I believe. And if it is on the front line.. a well executed push  or several abilities on the axis side can dispose of it.
TeaSeeOh Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 08:51:14 pm »

No one really explained why it was a bad idea to let every company have one.

Frankly there's nothing wrong with triage centers the way they are in my opinion seeing as if it's not on the front line you're bringing your infantry back to get healed and probably losing ground in the process. Which is a fair trade I believe. And if it is on the front line.. a well executed push  or several abilities on the axis side can dispose of it.

This really isn't a reason to not give it to them. In fact, this just proves it's a risk to have it. And yeah, Airborne and Infantry have abilities to get more men(and to be fair, Terror has discounts as well), but Axis have abilities to make their men more hardy and tough to kill, especially Defensive Doctrine. However, not only do they become tougher to kill, they also have access to, as said before, medkits and health regen. The health regen may not be much, but I think it adds up to something like ~10 hp per minute, which does help.

And Thtb, it doesn't really matter what your record is with your company, nor do I care what the current territory ratio is. I've seen Axis win an EiR war before, and I remember people saying Axis were op back then.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 09:29:08 pm »

Yes, in the world of eir there are 10 min breaks after each combat to make sure everyone can heal up and treat there wounded, then after flipping a coin on who gets to attack the factions fight again.

---
TeaSeeOhAxis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 09:54:34 pm »

Yes, in the world of eir there are 10 min breaks after each combat to make sure everyone can heal up and treat there wounded, then after flipping a coin on who gets to attack the factions fight again.

---

Once again, you don't really dispute that having a Triage would be overpowered or bad. And there are plenty of times when there are like a minute or two of regrouping/licking of wounds, which is plenty of time to re-heal your units.

In a battle I was just in, I recrewed a 57 with vet 2 Volks. Combined with the -25% damage and health regen, they were able to stay alive.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:56 pm »

hahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahaahahaha

You seriously thing its going to be balanced?

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 08:24:11 pm »

hahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahaahahaha

You seriously thing its going to be balanced?

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes.

Perhaps not at the very first release, but eventually it will be.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc