Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 12:27:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Parachutes Shall Blot Out the Sun!  (Read 6770 times)
gamesguy Offline
EIR Regular

« on: January 13, 2009, 03:27:16 am »

Battle #13464.

Salan(airborne)
AmPm(airborne)

vs

Malevolence(Defensive)
Gamesguy1(Defensive)

I'm mostly posting this because certain people on vent seem to think airborne are invincible supermen or something.  In this game its raid assault+AB elite vs rocket arty+ fatherland defense.   The allies had nothing but airborne and crocs.   

Rocket arty did basically nothing against the mobile allied army, but P4 spam wins the day in the end.  I also had two brand new snipers hit vet 3 this game, each getting like 20 kills despite being chased around the map all game by the pissed off airborne blobs. Tongue

[attachment deleted by admin]
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 04:47:30 am »

Just wonderin, aren't you and malevolance from GR.org?
Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 05:20:21 am »

Snipers don't et vet 3 at 40 exp(2 exp per airborne killed). Unless they were vetted already, they each needed 48 kills to get to vet 3.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 05:23:37 am »

Which is not that hard to do if you know what you're doing and are not facing jeep spam Tongue.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 07:09:13 am »

Snipers don't et vet 3 at 40 exp(2 exp per airborne killed). Unless they were vetted already, they each needed 48 kills to get to vet 3.

Defensive doctrine has an ability that gives all units vet 1 to start and 60% faster experience gain. Smiley
Bubblesatan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 08:12:24 am »

Lol skirted pz4, ftfl, kchs vet 3, horrible strats, ab spam, Road to Carentan. I find it disgusting, those skirted pz4 you lost in a funny way were insane anyway. According to me not worth to watch unless you want to see two vet players raped by superior units. 2 paks 2 mgs 1 sniper 1 bunker start when attacking makes me laugh, it is one of the best start axis gets. Some nice grenade dodges and sniper usage but nothing more. Hmgs and at guns on allied side might have helped.
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:13:47 am »

Lol skirted pz4, ftfl, kchs vet 3, horrible strats, ab spam, Road to Carentan. I find it disgusting, those skirted pz4 you lost in a funny way were insane anyway. According to me not worth to watch unless you want to see two vet players raped by superior units. 2 paks 2 mgs 1 sniper 1 bunker start when attacking makes me laugh, it is one of the best start axis gets. Some nice grenade dodges and sniper usage but nothing more. Hmgs and at guns on allied side might have helped.
these guys strat seems pretty solid even if they had callis they would have hurt(RA) and same with howwys.
Bubblesatan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 11:01:37 am »

Yes this campy strat is one of the most solid, and effective strategies, it is better when you call in a stuka or a couple, camp with 2 paks and double mg then spam arty, call in 3 bikes run to the howi and use artillery, cali is much more problematic. pretty effective but I wonder if it is entertaining.
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 11:05:14 am »

Defensive doctrine has an ability that gives all units vet 1 to start and 60% faster experience gain. Smiley

Wait, 60% xp gain doesn't just apply to the extra XP you gain after each battle, but to XP earned in battle due to killing? Holy shit, that Tier 3 makes defensive army get vet 2, where all the good bonuses are, fugging easily then!!!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 11:08:17 am »

lol... if the sniper dies they´re so fucked.... :p.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Bubblesatan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 11:17:09 am »

They got another didn't they? And anyway it is badluck if he dies supported by two paks, 2hmgs and bunker xD
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 11:41:27 am »

LOL that was a hilariously bad game, I had fun tossing my guys to their death Smiley

hadn't played airborne for a while, was so freaking rusty.. and had some bad bounces, p4s running me over in the road when i got stuck on the fences HAH!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:43:20 am by salan » Logged

Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 11:55:11 am »

I'm mostly posting this because certain people on vent seem to think airborne are invincible supermen or something.

Wait... that was not u bitching on launcher that there is no way to stop AB blobs, and there is no way to run from nades? :-x
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:57:06 am »

that makes a bit of sense, its been days since this game.
gamesguy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 02:51:00 pm »

I really loled at this post.   Here is what you said about our companies in the other replay thread mal posted, and I used the exactly the same fucking start in both of these replays.

Quote from: Bubblesatan
Ahaha, pak spam on rtc vs double armor, how can you guys even call this a win and proudpost?   C'mon, at least change the title into "Gimmick company saves the day", I really lol'd at your start.

So apparently in the two days between those different replays our gimmicky company with its terrible start turned into "one of the most solid axis starts".

Wait... that was not u bitching on launcher that there is no way to stop AB blobs, and there is no way to run from nades? :-x

AB blobs require disproportionate force to stop.  I made a raid assault AB company and it only takes like 3 games to make it good, I barely need any vet and AB vet up ridiculously quick anyways.

Whereas to stop raid assault spam you need vet 3 units, tons of cp, etc...   Its not unbeatable, it just takes too much effort to beat.

cali is much more problematic. pretty effective but I wonder if it is entertaining.

Err cali is the easiest thing to kill.   Wait till cali fires, pop MI, nuke it with rocket arty.   With two defensive players we have 4 charges of MI between us.   One at the start and three for later.   

I'm not sure what you think would be more entertaining.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:57:04 pm by gamesguy » Logged
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 02:51:39 pm »

Quote from: BubbleSatan

Quote from: BubbleSatan
Those are not their default companies (Or they would be really fail), you and jack have been own3d cause they built their army upon yours.

It would appear that our "really fail" companies are also "one of the best start axis gets".

Just wonderin, aren't you and malevolance from GR.org?

Yes we are, any particular reason for asking?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:56:31 pm by Malevolence » Logged

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Bubblesatan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 03:17:15 pm »

First replay I saw I focused on allies and I tought you just spammed paks, second I focused on Gamesguy playstyle and I found out that you still spam paks but with tactics now.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 04:46:14 pm »

RA is good but not 100% effective, one of my callies survied 3 RA attacks thanks to field repairs, it was killed by the 4th, but I had 2 callies more anyway lolz.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 04:56:58 pm »

First replay I saw I focused on allies and I tought you just spammed paks, second I focused on Gamesguy playstyle and I found out that you still spam paks but with tactics now.

Sorry, I thought our companies were "fail" in real games? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how wrong you were :p
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 05:00:45 pm »

It´s too easy to get used to beat those first call ins Malevolence Wink you won´t last long with them.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc