Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:50:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe a suggestion to Reinforcements?  (Read 7561 times)
SSPzDivision Offline
EIR Regular

« on: January 20, 2009, 09:04:52 am »

Hay chaps.

Anyway today we are discussing about something exciting and something that takes part in engines. No we are not talking about tanks (well you can call some part a tank) we are discussing about Jeeps and Motorcycles and debating about them.

Alright.

Now ready? Good

The motorcycle costs 110 MP and 5 Fuel.
The Jeep costs 110 MP and 10 Fuel.

At first I don't see much imbalance in this but then when we all think about it, isn't that price difference a little bit too low? Why would it be low? First of all Jeeps are for scouting and so are motorcycles. YES!
in VCoH Jeeps and Motorcycles were made for hunting snipers and stealth units, they are recon units.

However, in EiR. The cost effictiveness of a motorcycle rolls rather low? Haven't we seen several games where the spammage of Jeeps brings the victory? Tank blocking, infantry blocking and massive sniper hunting EVEN IN MIDDLE OF A BLOB of troops. True they die but they did their work. They are cheap after all.

Armored jeeps, lovely they have now armor and they can withstand now some more. I was wondering, why the jeeps are so cheap where Axis motorcycle doesnt match its cost effectiveness? It dies to 1 sticky but thats not a big deal.

The motorcycle cant be used the same way as a jeep. Its one sad thing but it is as well so true. It might have a little better pop gun but meh. Note: Motorbike can't even reverse! (duh)
I was wondering...

What if Motorcycle would get a price decrease
OR
A jeep gets a price increase?

Both works the same way but sorry Hell's Angels, German's motorcycle fails at every task given to it. That unit can only hunt when there is no one around and that never happens when we deal vs snipers now do we? I think not.

I'm convinced only if I see a Reply where a gang bang of motorcycles wins the day <3
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:35:10 am »

Current effectiveness yap bike need to be cheaper. Around 60mp to 80 mp range. Cannot reverse, weaker.
Wildfire
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:02:15 am »

cycles are harder to hit thats why they're weaker, they also cost one less pop than the jeep. so you get same mp, 5 less fu and 1 less pop than jeep.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:07:32 am »

damn it tym, go and play with the axis! bikes use 3 pop cap....

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
SSPzDivision Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 10:22:30 am »

cycles are harder to hit thats why they're weaker, they also cost one less pop than the jeep. so you get same mp, 5 less fu and 1 less pop than jeep.

Everything hits on Cycles.

RRs hits it all the time.
Bazookas from long range too
AT Guns might miss if its lucky
Tanks might miss if on the move.

It dies all the time no matter what it encounters
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 10:25:12 am »

There´s no need to EXAGGERATE like that, SSPzDivision... bikes aren´t so easy to kill... or, show us a replay that prooves it.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 10:29:20 am »

I don't see any problem EXCEPT that the obm affects jeeps so Tongue Pain in ass (but still can be dealt with)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:31:14 am by Guderian » Logged

Eir customer support staff.
RedDevilNarref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 10:32:58 am »

lol i didnt realize they are almost same price, quite unbalanced since bikes get killed much faster, a single AT gun shot will almost always hit and kill it.
But the jeep can stand more than once, and some Tank shots.
Krazytym
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 10:49:21 am »

Jeeps are easier to hit and are easier to see than bikes. I lost 4 jeeps my last game and i usually have to have at least 3-4 in my company cuz they die so easily. They almost always get hit by the first shot pak strikes and if i didnt' have scouting, they'd die on the first hit. Bikes and jeeps serve the same purpose and neither needs to be nerfed.

bikes also have more acceleration and more deceleration than jeeps by like 5 each. plus, their mg is better than the 30 cal and kills snipers a lot faster than jeeps do. I love bikes, i wish i had bikes on allies. I didn't even use jeeps majorily until had a callie company, other than that, i dont really use 'em
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:53:13 am by Tymathee0 » Logged
SSPzDivision Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 11:01:19 am »

There´s no need to EXAGGERATE like that, SSPzDivision... bikes aren´t so easy to kill... or, show us a replay that prooves it.

Sure! ^^ I'll get some cycles ready for the next CoH Game and I'll show you what I mean
Krazytym
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 11:05:36 am »

Sure! ^^ I'll get some cycles ready for the next CoH Game and I'll show you what I mean

ok, so they mostly take one hit to take out, but hitting it is a different thing all together. The reason bazooks are usually the best to take it out cuz you get 2 per ranger squad and usually peple field 2 ranger squads, so that's 4 bazooks to try and hit it, and hell, i've seenall 4 miss several times.
RedDevilNarref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 11:09:12 am »

bikes also have more acceleration and more deceleration than jeeps by like 5 each. plus, their mg is better than the 30 cal and kills snipers a lot faster than jeeps do. I love bikes, i wish i had bikes on allies. I didn't even use jeeps majorily until had a callie company, other than that, i dont really use 'em

lol have u really used bikes before?
Krazytym
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 11:10:52 am »

lol have u really used bikes before?

Yes. I love bikes, a lot more than jeeps. Bikes die faster to small arms fire cuz they have 60 less health but at weapons are less accurate vs them.

Code:
       ↓	Acc  ↓	Mov  ↑	Dmg  ↓	Pen  ↓	R-Pen  ↓Sup  ↓	Pri   ↓
AT Gun
Motorcycle 0.75 0.5 1.5 3 1 1 80
Jeep         1 0.6 1.5 3 3 1 60

Pak
Motorcycle 0.5 0.6 1.5 3 1 1 80
Jeep            1 0.6 1.5 3 3 1 60

Hand Held Weapon.
Motorcycle 1 0.6 1 3 3 1 60
Jeep          1 0.6 1 3 3 1 60

schecks, bazooks and RR's are the same vs jeeps and bikes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:18:21 am by Tymathee0 » Logged
RedDevilNarref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 11:16:12 am »

yes but a bike is killed with a single AT gun shot while the jeep is not, and that's a huge difference.
Also 57mm has 0.5 against moving bikes and paks have 0.6 agaisnt jeep.  just a very little difference.
Krazytym
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 11:21:24 am »

yes but a bike is killed with a single AT gun shot while the jeep is not, and that's a huge difference.
Also 57mm has 0.5 against moving bikes and paks have 0.6 agaisnt jeep.  just a very little difference.

jeeps do die to one pak hit. With the 1.5 bonsu vs jeeps that paks get thats 172 dmg, jeeps have 165 health and bikes 115. The reason why some jeeps survive is because of scouting which gives 20% more health to jeeps for armor. I see no reason to change anything between the two. The axix have more powerful weapons in infantry hands and jeeps die fast. One good scheck hit usually takes out the engine and then small arms will take it out. Bikes cuz of their accel can get aeway from danger a lot faster than jeeps can. I"ve spent almost whoel games chasing down bikes cuz they move so quicky.
RedDevilNarref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 11:27:10 am »

maybe u're right i've not think much about it, but getting away with motorbikes its more diffucult since they can run backwards. i dont knwo why but if jeep are more expensiv in vCoh than bikes it must be for some reason.
Malevolence2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 02:57:08 pm »

If bikes had 5 more top speed than jeeps they would hit mach 3 and teleport around the map. They both have the same top speed, but bikes accelerate twice as fast. Which is good, because they have to do a 180 every time they want to go backwards.

As for the damage? Bikes do more per time, and do more faster, but not by that much. They also have a lot less hp and no reverse.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 06:30:03 pm »

I wish Pengu would get back here. The misquoting and misinterpretation of stats here is simply too much for one guy to explain.
SSPzDivision Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 06:42:36 pm »

I wish Pengu would get back here. The misquoting and misinterpretation of stats here is simply too much for one guy to explain.

Telling about the stats and stuff doesn't really work when you play in-game. I don't think that many counts "Hmm Grenadiers fires this and this much dmg at this range but they have vet 1 so I must fire here and this..." when they play the game... x)

That's what to point out...
Malevolence2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 07:01:12 pm »

Understanding of the raw numbers gives you a basic concept of what units do and do not accomplish when in combat. By using these interpretations you can then figure what units will win which fights how much % of the time. Based on the law of large numbers, the more you play the game, the more the fights you have will come closer to the expected result the majority of the time.

So, yes, when I have a bike vs jeep fight for instance, I do remember that the jeep is a lot tougher, but the damage goes out a lot slower. So a good tactic is to burst with the bike, then run away during its longer cooldown, then come back for another high damage burst.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc