Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:57:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR:R Secrets Revealed - 2: Standardized Advantages  (Read 19270 times)
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 02:57:05 am »

Having "defensive" off maps are arguably ineffective in the hands of some one who doesn't know how to use it. You should just give the standard "bread & butter" and that is, more experience gained, more PPs gained. Simple as that. I think we should stay away from giving all these fancy abilities as it just gives smurfs more incentives to "stack" multiple abilities and gives benefits to "grieving".
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 03:12:01 am »

Yeah, smurf! You'll soon run out of opponents to ''abuse'' our system as your pp score levels up again.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 03:47:04 am »

And remake a new smurf?
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 03:57:27 am »

Your still not going to get anywhere now are you?
ssystem Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 04:12:03 am »

So? Does anyone smurf with the intention of actually 'getting somewhere'? I thought point of a smurf is a one time deal where you can kill some good players companies while losing nothing yourself which in this new system suddenly becomes 100x easier.

ShockCoil
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 04:19:01 am »

Sweet system

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 04:20:00 am »

Until the community finds out who it is and BURNS THEM ALIVE!!!
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 04:42:35 am »

Due to the credit crunch, matches cost a lot. I am sorry Akran.

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
TymTest
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 05:22:26 am »

i dont think this will encourage smurfing and the advantages arent so much where its going to be game changing. Also, if you dont get enuff PP's to get something nasty like a pershing or tiger right off the bat, then trying to kill good companies w/o losing urself loses its flavor.

and smurfing isn't used for that, I've got "smurfs" to test out doctrines and other stuff. sometimes i get bored playing with the same companies. Like i've got a callie company, ngv, airborne elite, tank reaper, t4 arty, tank command heavy weapon, heat rounds, and rocket artillery companies. so meh.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 05:25:37 am »

I used "smurfs" to hit the good players for fun from time to time. I would love all the advantages this offers me. After building a killer company I get fantastic bonuses like free intelligence? Abilities and such? I'm telling you is a bad idea. I won't abuse this system but others will.

If you think its such a fantastic idea, go ahead with it then. No point talking about it until we see it.
ssystem Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 05:26:36 am »

i dont think this will encourage smurfing and the advantages arent so much where its going to be game changing. Also, if you dont get enuff PP's to get something nasty like a pershing or tiger right off the bat, then trying to kill good companies w/o losing urself loses its flavor.

and smurfing isn't used for that, I've got "smurfs" to test out doctrines and other stuff. sometimes i get bored playing with the same companies. Like i've got a callie company, ngv, airborne elite, tank reaper, t4 arty, tank command heavy weapon, heat rounds, and rocket artillery companies. so meh.
See I wouldn't call that smurfing, just using different accounts. Unless you deliberately used a different name to go bash someone.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 05:28:59 am »

I used "smurfs" to hit the good players for fun from time to time. I would love all the advantages this offers me. After building a killer company I get fantastic bonuses like free intelligence? Abilities and such? I'm telling you is a bad idea. I won't abuse this system but others will.

If you think its such a fantastic idea, go ahead with it then. No point talking about it until we see it.
'Fantastic' bonusses. I don't see how one free use of intelligence is worth smurfing for.

As for smurfing it self, they should probably think of a way to tie users to one account, with 4 'profiles'.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 05:30:47 am »

Cleaned up some of the pictures to try and keep the news post thread clean.  Smiley

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 06:03:50 am »

'Fantastic' bonusses. I don't see how one free use of intelligence is worth smurfing for.

As for smurfing it self, they should probably think of a way to tie users to one account, with 4 'profiles'.

If they do, that will be good.

Basic Scout - Gain 1 Recon Run (Able to see where vetted units are/right counters/gimmicks for starting attack)
Smoke Barrage - Gain 1 Offmap Smoke Barrage (Helps for Mega Blobs with assaulting weapons like BARs, Thompsons, Mp40s, KCH etc.)
Close to the Front - Call-in Timers reduced by 8 seconds (Spam and spam and spam asap and overwhelm the enemy, suicide all troops asap)
TymTest
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 06:32:16 am »

If they do, that will be good.

Basic Scout - Gain 1 Recon Run (Able to see where vetted units are/right counters/gimmicks for starting attack)
Smoke Barrage - Gain 1 Offmap Smoke Barrage (Helps for Mega Blobs with assaulting weapons like BARs, Thompsons, Mp40s, KCH etc.)
Close to the Front - Call-in Timers reduced by 8 seconds (Spam and spam and spam asap and overwhelm the enemy, suicide all troops asap)

uhh...ONE recon, and most people dont even use smoke ri ght and the call in timers being reduced wont be that big a deal cuz most n00bz lose a lot of untis and call in lots of units. this just evens it up so that they have their stuff on faster. None of those 3 are game breakers, especially in the hands of n00bz
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 06:57:15 am »

uhh...ONE recon, and most people dont even use smoke ri ght and the call in timers being reduced wont be that big a deal cuz most n00bz lose a lot of untis and call in lots of units. this just evens it up so that they have their stuff on faster. None of those 3 are game breakers, especially in the hands of n00bz

READ PROPERLY BEFORE YOU POST.

I was replying to smurfs using them, not newbies. In the hands of newbies they are quite worthless alright, in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing you're fucked.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 07:01:22 am »

I'd never say no to an extra recon run.
+ Air supperiority ^^.

Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 07:03:33 am »

if someone feels the need to smurf to beat a good player then they are probably shit anyway. Really, this is a non-issue.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 07:13:19 am »

In the hands of newbies they are quite worthless alright, in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing you're fucked.
Oh please, way to exaggerate.

ZOMG SMOKE BARRAGE IS OP.

if someone feels the need to smurf to beat a good player then they are probably shit anyway. Really, this is a non-issue.
Very true.

Let's see how it goes before we claim it's going to be abused by smurfs Tongue.
Don't forget that when you smurf, you're automatically putting yourself at a PP/vet/advantage disadvantage compared to those good players on their main profiles to begin with. I doubt a smoke barrage will make up for that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:14:54 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Arkanades
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 07:20:36 am »

Ha ha, No I am Arkanades not Akranadas.
Back to tropic, When do you know what bonus you get?
Do the enemy also gonna know? (Right now you don't know what off maps the enemy has)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc