Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:42:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Axis AT  (Read 10068 times)
Wildfire
« on: January 29, 2009, 03:36:01 pm »

Why is it so much better than allied at? The last few games I've played, it seems like every shot they fire will penetrate allied armor. Im starting to wonder if there's a bug with NGV because Schecks keep on getting through armor, ditto Pak's, even uncloaked paks and its frontal armor. Im seeing a lot of double scheck units these days, at least 4-6 per company and I feel like this is getting out of hand. Its getting so you can't make any type of assault with armor unless you have artillery behind you to take out the freaking anti tank units, because of course theres always somebody's double scheck team nearby somewhere.

This isn't the course of one game or my play tactics, this is me venting cuz im tired of losing my tanks to amazing scheck shots or hiddin freakin paks that wll take away a 1/3 of my armor with one shot. Is there anyone else here who agrees with me that the price that especially schecks are having is just a bit over powered? You can say what you want about RR's, so freakin what, they're on one side and dont affect all your battles, yet double scheck teams affect every game I play, Im just getting tired of watching my tanks get butchered every time I play. I lose at least 4-6 tanks every game and half or more to schrecks, its just getting old.

Im going to corner any freakin argument you have no.

Tank reapers = one doctrine that costs 55 total cp
RR's are one doctrine
Pershings are one doctrine and can still get ass kicked by schecks and paks.
OBM is one doctrine and cost up to almost 60 cp just to get to it and isn't that OP because if u dont pull back fast enough it doesnt matter, tank still dies.
Rangers suck, they miss a lot and they always bounce on front armor and even if they do somehow pentrate frontal armor, they dotn do a lot of damage cuz they're 75 per shot as opposed to 120 for schecks (double scheck teams 240) you need two bazookas to equal one scheck and if u take into account range price, that's basically 45 muni for each bazooka which tells you how bad they are.

Double schecks are really freakin annoying and yes I do bring infantry help with me but its kind of difficult to take them out when you've got hmgs and double lmgs every where as well. Then when they bring out their uber powerful tanks, you're really screwed.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 03:52:28 pm »

Let me get this straight, your complaining about people being ready to resist your armoured pushes in game?

Pwanawan baby!
SSPzDivision Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 03:58:46 pm »

I like myst's (?) comment xD

Lets make Shrecks cost 220 per one unit or wait, even more maybe?

its anti tank weapon. Its powerful, it is very powerful and takes out tanks and that is its duty. Have you seen how well Shermans cuts all axis anti tank infantry down? One shot might result up 1 dead squad. Stormies are cloaked so they ambush your tank. No commander is fool enough to send tanks unsupported against unknown enemy.

Armored players shouldn't rely on their armor too much. I see that some people still do and that is what costs them their tanks. Without infantry support they simply run to their death. MG42 and a PAK gun? Allies always have a HMG and a Anti-Tank Gun. Axis has assault to deal MG but its doctorine and costs whole 50 mun and it is used only 1 time.
Sherman costs around same price as a P4 does. Sherman works as a all around unit even if its weaker to take out heavier axis tanks.

I'd say you are asking for a nerf to a very important weapon Axis has against allied armor. It would be same if you ask Allies to take away their Tank's massive anti-infantry cabilities...

I understand your point how powerful shreck is, but learn to avoid it. Max distance. PAKs are dead if they are alone they are not unbeatable even if they have the cloak and they shoot well and penetrate. PAK's cloak shots are a little bit more powerful than uncloaked shots (someone told me this). Without PanzerShrecks Axis infantry would run low on AT cabilities, then they'd only have a panzerfaust. I think the price is fine too, imaginate a whole 110 cost for 1 shreck. 2 costs as much as a pair of RRs. Bazookas might be shit if you shoot frontal armor of a bloody panther or a tiger but try it on the tanks ass and see the difference. Besides you get Bazookas for rangers and a fire up ability to escape too if they get in trouble...

Ive seen 3 ranger squads blob take out my P4 with zooks, frontal armor, well P4 survived the first round but not the second
Marine.Apollo Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:23:13 pm »

its awsom to see allys who cant micro and think axis is OP. hears my advice, play axis, then you will see the reasion we need shrecks.

allied armour is great just learn to stay away from shreks and kite them, if you cant do that then i would say go back to your rifle spam.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 04:42:35 pm »

ok lets see

zooks = suck ass unless the its a tank with no vet or light armor.

RRs = Rip everything apart unless you got skirts and even then they still do well. Vet 3 skirts and fatherland D.....they tickle my mark IVs.

57mm = reapers hurt ap rounds hurt

stickies = Duds or no duds they still are effective

shermans = Good with OBM better upgunned

m10s - Martyrs.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 04:43:38 pm »

Axis AT gun is great, The problem is that you guys use them for front combat...

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
BradTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 04:59:35 pm »

Lets make shreks 500Muni each combined with Paks costing the same as King Tigers, sound good to you Tym? because maybe you need to play the opposing side for once. You are one of the most biast allied players on this planet.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 05:19:38 pm »

iim not being bias omg. Im upset that it seems like every freakin time i get a scheck shto at me it penetrates. You have no idea how many tanks i've lost recently. And i have played as axis and I understand about allied tanks but they're still paper tanks and die easily. Also first shot from pak is like a tank reaper shot everytime cuz it always will penetrate your armor no matter where it hits and it does more damage than an at gun with a regular shot, which btw without ap rounds bounces off a lot of frontal shots. Then there's the crit levels that tanks get but seemingly favor axis. I get really pissed when i fire at a tank with an at gun and it should only take one hit and it takes out the gun or even the gunner which IMO is retarded and ifim hitting it in the ass, the gun shouldn't get damage for god sakes. Im going off recent experience trying to play with an amour company, which i think im just going to abandon cuz unless you have two shermans on the field at once, schecks will own you.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Skaevola2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 05:32:14 pm »

TLDR: Axis AT kills Allied Tanks. ZOMG OP?
UnderHeavyFire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 05:42:05 pm »

I've been watching many replays lately, and I must say I've seen some of the worst tank micromanagement since I started play vCoH.   I don't know if people think tanks are some all-powerful force that is going to burst on the scene and swing the tide of battle at one fell swoop - but thats what it looks like watching replays.

People bring on a tank and send it rushing in.  They suddenly meet some shreks and a well placed AT - and the tank is dead having fired only once and whilst trying to scramble out of combat.  That's a lot of MP and Fuel wasted.  Tanks ARE powerful, but are just as fagile as any other unit. A tank can't counter everything at once, and thereby needs support.

If you feel the need to rush your tank in, scout a bit first (bike/jeep), or flank attack - avoiding most AT shots and bulk AT-Infantry (or clear with Arti if you have it).

I've found an infantry and support heavy force a lot more powerful than a tank heavy force.  I field maybe 2 tanks max (usually M10s). This is purely if I'm desperate and I find my ATs in trouble.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 06:11:41 pm »

Exactly oposite post

Allied AT is OP

And I agree shrekz are rly fucking anoying, now u can see them on more then 1/2 grenadiers, but it's fault fact that there are so many armour players. And I hate that it's so random with my damn luck (my stickie missed bike today) I always got penetration on my pershings frontal armour.

Btw thing about Paks if it's so OP for some people, maybe make cloak ability avabile only for defensive doctrine.

Wildfire
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 06:16:44 pm »

the thing is, paks always penetrate with first shot so you can get 2 scheck hits + cloaked pak which is usually near by and there goes most your health. The allies really dont have good anti tank to deal with their tanks and when our at guns are so easily taken out by 2 scheck hits or 3 pak hits, it can get really troublesome. Then when at the same time, they can use their man packed at to just rape your tanks and then get hit by an at gun thats can fire 3 times before you can see it, its just really annoying, even if u have infantry support. Hell, mots of the time u cant get to takin out the At cuz of LMGs and HMGs which will supress u in no time

yea sometimes i rush my tanks in but i dont do that unless i think theres nothing there. I used to be able to rush in get a couple shots off and retreat, now theres alwys schecks nearby no matter whta but meh whatever, nothings going to change unless paks and/or schecks are limited by availability which i hope they are.
Skaevola2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 06:26:23 pm »

The solution; don't rush your tanks into enemy at?
Wildfire
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 06:41:36 pm »

The Problem: You can't see enemy at.

Jeep: cloaked pak one shots jeeps with first shot buff, one scheck damages, 2nd kills.

tanks: until 2 or 3 shots, its hard to tell exactly where pak is and how far you have to go until u get out of radius because u cant see which way its pointing.
Wildfire
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 06:56:00 pm »

Lets make shreks 500Muni each combined with Paks costing the same as King Tigers, sound good to you Tym? because maybe you need to play the opposing side for once. You are one of the most biast allied players on this planet.

oh yeah...didn't' respond to t his. im not bias, I usually end up defending the allied POV because early in the war all it was was axis bitching about the allied advantages and now they've learned how to play and now look at how the war is going, just like it usually goes, the axis are pushing the allies again and its very hard to stop, so...how am I bias?
Skaevola2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 07:23:50 pm »

The Problem: You can't see enemy at.

Jeep: cloaked pak one shots jeeps with first shot buff, one scheck damages, 2nd kills.

tanks: until 2 or 3 shots, its hard to tell exactly where pak is and how far you have to go until u get out of radius because u cant see which way its pointing.

Scouting, paks nearly always miss jeeps anyways, and if the jeep does die then you now know not to rush your tank there!
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 07:35:06 pm »

At long range Shreks only have 35% accuracy against a stationary target. They are only powerful at short range.

The reason so many shreks are currently being seen, is because for awhile allies have done very little except spam armour. Now axis has started spamming AT which has made armour builds more difficult, whilst previously the armoured companies could easily run the axis out of AT and then steamroll what they had left.

When I've used Shermans I've never lost against a double shrek squad, although it usually hurts. Bear in mind that the sherman outranges the shreks and that if its upgunned it will die.

Basically, you're upset that they have a counter to your armour. Try Mortars, try artillery, try HMG's. I know you will conjure up a situation for every counter I suggest, but for every situation you suggest I will make another situation to counter it. You know what that means? Defeating axis AT is more than possible. Artillery and Mortars will destroy HMG's, then you can move infantry in to counter the PAK's, exactly like axis always does against defending allies.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:37:18 pm by MannfredvonRitter » Logged

UnderHeavyFire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 10:34:07 pm »

That post above sums it up.  It's the basic papaer, scissors, rock routine.  If you think/know your enemy is gunna pack a heap of shreks and AT - use a infantry/support heavy company.  Yes it may be limiting with the doctrine set-up (and you may not get the full potential of a differing doctrine) but you'll be doing better than you would have if you had rolled up without those changes.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 01:02:06 am »

my problem is that you cant axis ATGs because they can cloak so you can't snipe them. then if you try to mortar them axis mortar out ranges you. crocs you can't keep at a distance. i think the biggest problems with schrecks is they have a like 95% chance to hit at short or medium range and always penetrate. 4 shreck hits = dead allied tank 99% of the time, even front shots. how many RR shots to kill an axis tank? 4 RR shots with raid assault and AT eagles wont kill a P4. though of course allies are supposed to solely rely on the 57 for their AT killing abilities. but guess what those are easily sniped by paks.

either way, doesn't matter, hold complaints til EiR:R =P

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 01:33:16 am »

You know man, untill you play some axis, schrek and pak will always be those mystical weapons of doom for you.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc