Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 11:27:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brit overhaul suggestions  (Read 15575 times)
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 09:41:12 pm »

Airborne: 300 MP.

Recoiless Rifles - 200 Mun

Commandoes: 350 MP, 180 Munitions.

Commando Grenade - 65 Mun  (2 use)
Commando Smoke - 45 Mun (1 use)
Commando Democharge - 80 Mun (1 use)

Add in Vet, and the fact that you'll probably lose more Commandoes than AB if your glider combusts. Losing 2-3 Commando squads isn't nearly as debilitating as losing 1-2 AB squads. And guess which one's easier to lose?

I don't want the Commandoes to be combat-effective after crashing. I just want them to have a chance to run away if their glider gets owned by something. Granted, you'll probably still lose your Commandoes if you ran them into an enemy position...

It's pretty low-priority, though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 09:48:31 pm by acker » Logged
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 10:47:19 am »

a bug with the launcher - commandos cannot buy concealing smoke at all.

i thought it was a patch for them to get it for free, but nah =P
Bubblesatan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 11:18:26 am »

Wot? Isn't smoke free?
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 11:26:02 am »

I think "comfirm" and "ready up" and the Ink think should be more obvious and not blend in

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 01:17:26 pm »

^ er, what?

anyway, would it be possible to have the 17pndr automatically rotate to face enemies ala flak 88/bofors.

also, giving all emplacements the ability to change their default facing like the 17 pndr would make them much more useful aswell, including the axis ones
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 02:58:54 pm »

Okay I've win most (8 of 9) my games since EIRR came out all with at least 1 Brit and I am by no means a good player. I only play Wehr and I have to say unless the Brits get a chance to build their emplacements they suck! Most games are steam rolls unless there are really good American players backing them up.

The Brits are completely unable to break a defensive line and if they have to set one up in a rush they are screwed! The Axis simply rush in and kill everything.

They need two things as far as I can see:

(i) A means to find PAK guns. E.g A scout unit that has a good stealth detection radius (Not a vehicle)
(ii) A quick means of area denial, E.g 2 man MG squad. (That can NOT go into a trench.)

Pwanawan baby!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:54 pm »

The Brits are completely unable to break a defensive line and if they have to set one up in a rush they are screwed! The Axis simply rush in and kill everything.

riflenades, riflenades, riflenades, and moar riflenades with a LT behind them.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 04:51:19 pm »

Killer I want to play against you.  Grin
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 04:51:53 pm »

give them the 57mm.. it would help some.

VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2009, 05:36:44 pm »

The 57mm was also a weapon handed to the americans FROM the british arsenal, better known as the 6-pounder. 

But I'd prefer some mines.  And I think that Wehr is going to beat brits for a while, partly because playing brits in EiR is just like playing americans or wehr for the first time in EiR.  What you know?  Forget it, it doesn't mean shit.

We all have to learn to play a new faction, is all. I know that now, after a few games, I'm doing much better, nearly won a few, even.

Absolution Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2009, 06:01:17 pm »

A means to find PAK guns. E.g A scout unit that has a good stealth detection radius (Not a vehicle)

's called a recon section, mate.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2009, 06:29:42 pm »

A means to find PAK guns. E.g A scout unit that has a good stealth detection radius (Not a vehicle)

's called a recon section, mate.

I'm fairly certain recon section's stealth detection radius is only 10, which is the pak's default decloak radius for all infantry.
NSGReaper2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2009, 07:30:36 pm »

I'll admit I've only played one battle of EiR:R so far, however the emplacements were decrewed far too easily by mortar fire.  The ability to create a defensive position like no other side is a big part of the British side, making the emplacements take more damage took that away.

I don't think that OMG-style mobile 17-pdrs and 2 man HMGs is the answer, I just think that the devs nerfed the British emplacements too much.
Spitfire92 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2009, 09:02:12 pm »

I think that the british need the god damn weapon support teams and the 57mm. Make bigger guns. 17, bofors, 25, (Seriously, anyone else love the p4 dehabilitating bofors?),use trucks to pack up and pack down. And (btw, did you guys change any health/dps on the units?) last time I tried, i had a pair of commandos rip apart almost 5 squads of mp40'd volks.

-GIVE WEAPON SUPPORT TEAMS - MAKE OPTION TO "DIG IN"?
-GIVE THE 57MM - NEEDS TO BE DONE IN vCoH TOO
-MAKE COMMANDO SMOKE THE EQUIVALENT TO FIRE UP - HELL, FALLS AND STORMIES CLOAK FOR FREE, RANGERS/AIRBORNE FIRE UP FOR FREE. ARE YOU RACIST TOWARDS PASTY WHITE PEOPLE?
-Wait for the new Relic patch, british Churchill is getting penetration buff, some LT changes, Artillery markups, etc. THE PIAT IS GETTIN BUFFEDS!
-If we have to spam riflenades...just because it's the only solution..that's lame. Interesting, but lame.

Relic made brits OVERLY defensive >.<
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2009, 09:38:24 pm »

I think that the british need the god damn weapon support teams and the 57mm. Make bigger guns. 17, bofors, 25, (Seriously, anyone else love the p4 dehabilitating bofors?),use trucks to pack up and pack down. And (btw, did you guys change any health/dps on the units?) last time I tried, i had a pair of commandos rip apart almost 5 squads of mp40'd volks.

-MAKE COMMANDO SMOKE THE EQUIVALENT TO FIRE UP - HELL, FALLS AND STORMIES CLOAK FOR FREE, RANGERS/AIRBORNE FIRE UP FOR FREE. ARE YOU RACIST TOWARDS PASTY WHITE PEOPLE?
-Wait for the new Relic patch, british Churchill is getting penetration buff, some LT changes, Artillery markups, etc. THE PIAT IS GETTIN BUFFEDS!
-If we have to spam riflenades...just because it's the only solution..that's lame. Interesting, but lame.

Situation with brits is tentative, if they get a 57mm they'll be op, if the 17pndr can move they'll be OP. The most powerful AT in the game being mobile OMG.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2009, 10:13:30 pm »

This is one of the worst posts I've ever read.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
GUTB Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2009, 02:56:43 am »

Brits are broken in vCOH too; 2nd-rate armor, no cheap mobile AT, PIATs lol, nerfed to death commandos, manpower issues, feeble mortar, no easy counters to stolen trenches while everyone else does, etc and so on. It is well known that the only way to beat Wher as Brits is to essentially win the cutoff game within the first few minutes of play thereby stopping them from teching up. And these are the brits the eir team thought was in a severe need of nerfs. I frankly don't understand it.
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 08:50:04 am »

i don't think turning the brits into americans would help. while i agree there are some issues in the armoury, the distinction should be kept.
MILCH Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 12:46:52 pm »

omg NO, that would be fucking OP

put let the 17 pounder cost 20 mun less, its still deadly

just combine in with a bren tommie squads Wink
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 01:02:56 pm »

omg NO, that would be fucking OP

lol, regardless or not whether it is OP, brits just need to save up 30 PPs then they get thier 57mms through the reinforcement packages.

If giving brits towable ATguns was OP then im sure the DEVs wouldnt have implemented this, cause the brits are gonna get them sooner or later.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc